• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

no lurking for me

I see this stuff is still chugging along as awesomely as it always does :)

happy new year David, hope its as productive as the last ;D

*proceeds to lurk* ...owait *hides from the wrath of david* :D

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

bat

I wish you also a Happy New Year!

And looking forward to more in 2009...

In Germany the same, -5°C... it's cold here, too...
4h 20m left for 2009... Edit: now 3h 28m...

BTW, this is my 6600th post... Can't find another place to post it than here at 3RR

thundercrack83

Me, lurk? Never! Not here at 3RR--that's sacrilege!

Happy New Year, David! With how unbelievable things were here in 3RR during 2008, it may be possible to think that 2009 couldn't possibly get there, but knowing you, I can only wager that 2009 will surpass 2008!

Enjoy yourself tonight, my friend!

Dustin

TheTeaCat

What a great 2008 here in 3RR.  &apls &apls
So many milestones achieved, some much game breaking stuff, the list goes on and on  &apls

Looking forward to what 2009 has in store for us all :thumbsup:

Happy New Year  to you and yours :D

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

VeTram

Hi guys  :), and Happy New Year to everyone.. :)
This is my first post here , and i hope i posted in the right thread..

-I was wondering if there is any tutorial about how to terraform nice streambeds , riverbeds etc.. I have just start reading 3RR , and i am still in the beginning...
thanx

EDIT: Kind of hard to go wrong posting here, my friend.  I'll do a post over the next few revisiting the issue of streambed terraforming- which is a favorite subject around here.  Happy New Year to our newest 3RR Regular, too! -DE
For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

deathtopumpkins

Happy new year 3RR! Hope 2009 is as evenful as 2008 was for you David, though like others have said this 2008's gonna be hard to surpass.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Shiftred

Ok, I won't lurk anymore, and next year I resolve to post twice. "$Deal"$

From one David to another, the time and effort you give to SC4 and us is so greatly appreciated.

-Dave

calibanX

That's pretty cold David. I don't have it a whole lot better.

Looking forward to an eventful 2009 here at 3RR. Happy New Year!

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

homefryes

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL!!

I'm sorry I've not been much of a beta tester. It's been a combination of getting ready for Christmas, Christmas itself, and then catching a freaking head cold :bomb:... and I still have "Christmas" in Pennsylvania this weekend (leaving town bright and early tomorrow, returning Monday). And the weather here in the Chicago area has been nuts these last two weeks; and while that hasn't necessarily affected my game time, it has messed up many other aspects of RL (not devastatingly, but just put monkey wrenches in the works)!

Meanwhile, I have also been diligently working on a new region based on a RL map, which is taking a lot of time to "trace!"

In any case, that's what's been going on as of late, and why I've been quiet! I'll see you all on the flip-side of the New Year (actually not until next week), and best wishes to all!

— Don
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

Copperalis

Time to stop lurking then and add my yearly post...  :D

Keep up the good work David. A (virtual) toast to a productive 2009 for 3RR.

jestarr

Thankfully, our weather is slightly more balmy. ;D

Have a Happy New Year, everyone, and please party responsibly.  Cheers!

magee_b

well i suppose i could finally leave a comment or two. Usually i am far too speechless due to the amazing things that continue to come out of this project!

Congratulations on a great and productive 2008! I myself am running out the door for a quick game of shinny [linkie] before I lose the sunlight and then warming up with a few brews and the World Junior Hockey Championships tonight! (Can vs USA)

All the best in 2009!

Darmok

Just taking a few minutes to wish you and your family Happy New Year David.  :thumbsup:

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=112.last#last

If you have a closed mind, do the same with your mouth

Gaston

Okay,    I hope everyone has the happiest and heathiest of New Years.     Everyone PLEASE be careful and be safe if you go out and party tonight.   Don't drink and drive !    Let's start 2009 with no bad news.   

Okay Gaston enough preaching at the good folks of 3RR.

Sorry about that.    STR, FARR and all the rest are doing great.    Wish I had some pics but I forgot to take time to snap um.     &mmm     

Have a great night.   Stay safe.      AND...

HAPPY NEW YEAR       

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

SpilltMilk

Oh my. This provokes major thought, and complying with the No Lurkers Today rule, I guess, I'll post. Well, I soon hope to become a regular. Observing the next generation of SimCity and what not. The community (including TSC, ST, SC4D, and etc.) have all come together to strangely create a new genre that only contains one and only one game, I don't even think Cities XL would have a chance to be admitted into this bubble. The game's name is SC4, and it's not a city-building simulation anymore, it's an art. It can be pushed more farther than Maxis and it's developers discussed that day in 2003 inside that fancy/classy boardroom. I've realized this through this forum and this topic. I'm sure Will Wright is proud and would probably hire some of you guys to his staff and fire some of the staff he has now, don't get me wrong, his staff is dedicated and loyal, but not as loyal as you guys.  $%Grinno$%

BTW, Uhhh...205, 681
Lacoste Levi*s Converse Nautica
<A HREF=http://www.userbars.com>

Graffitti Family Guy South Park Polo
These are a few of my favorite things!

Korot

Quote from: mrtnrln on December 31, 2008, 10:12:30 AM
Well, it is also very cold here. It hasn't been that cold for years in the Netherlands. There's even a chance that there may come a Elfstedentocht (an ice skating course of about 200 km in the Northeast of the Netherlands). Temperatures: Currently -4oC, but it can get below -10 in the southeast (fortunately, I'm living in the West).

It's only 4:50 hours 'til midnight in West-Europe. So I whish you all

A happy New Year!!!Best,
Maarten

I doubt there will be one this winter, as the suspect the whether warming up in 2009, and for that the ice will melt, so no Elfstedentocht this round, perhaps next winter. (Also I just remember that my physics teacher was wrong, he said that this year there would be a Elfstedentocht, 15 min remeaning of 2008, and no course. And I hope that the FAR(R) will be released before the end of 2009.
And before I forget:
A happy New Year!!!

metarvo

Well, you declared it, so I have no choice to comply and make a post to ward off any suspicion that I may be (gasp :o) lurking.  2008 was the year of my first post (which happens to be a 3RR post), and I seem to recall saying that 3RR drew me out of lurking, both in 3RR and in SC4D as a whole.  You are right, David.  There is always a celebration going on in 3RR.  Here are some of my most memorable 3RR moments of the year:

• Who could forget all of the beautiful snow shots [linkie], like this one that led to my very first SC4D post?

• The "imaginary" grid received several devastating blows this year, not the least of which was the FAR / FARR. [linkie]

• 3RR seems to be magnetized, attracting all sorts of wonderful creations by other contributors.  Matt's telephone poles [linkie], in particular, hit pretty close to home for me, since utilities are indeed one of my favorite parts of SC4.  That may seem strange, I know, but that's me.

• Of course, this wasn't the last time utilities would influence more 3RR greatness.  You created a 3RR power grid map [linkie].  That came as a real shock at first, but then I realized, "This is 3RR.  David thinks of everything."

• Valuable knowledge is abundant in 3RR.  The PlopperizerTM tutorial [linkie] is just one shining example.

• Last, but certainly not least by any means, is the development of the STR. [linkie]  Revolutionary and groundbreaking are adjectives I have come to associate with 3RR.

There are many many more 3RR moments that occured in 2008 that I am both thrilled and amazed at, but those are some that stand out to me.  Happy New Year, David!  I'm looking forward to 3RR in 2009.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Ryan B.

Lurk?  Moi?  Never!  :P

Happy New Year to one and all!

calibanX

I was just going to lurk for a bit and I had forgotten about the no lurking policy for the day. So there you have it David, my first two-post day! Be Safe!

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

stewart_garden

Caught by the no-lurking rule, although technically it is 1 January here it will still be 31 December in Alaska.  Happy new year everyone and thanks to David and all the contributors for 3RR.  34 degrees (celcius) here today.
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.