• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaston

Really nice maps David.    Hope you have a safe trip.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Eddie

Just stopping by Lithuania 3RR.  :)

thundercrack83

The maps look good in the warm glow of the new forum format. How all is well in Fairbanks, my friend!

abcvs

Hello just poking my nose in and gads we are all black and yellow...  well at least it matches my avitar!

()lurker()

ciao!

BigSlark

David,

I really, really like maps! Great job! Hope all is well and that the trip to Anchorage was safe and productive.

Cheers,
Kevin

Gaston

Just wanted to drop a little note here, since this is the place it all started.     I just posted #512.   YUP, I'm a Governor now.     ;D

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

dedgren

I've been working all day on getting each collaboration quad ready to send out.  That means doing a complete topo, a reasonably complete backstory for any urbanized areas and natural features, and foresting the quad.

Here's flame's (flame1396) quad's topo.

I'll be working on the "collar" more, but that's not a priority.  I learned in the army a long time ago that all a real map needs is a scalebar and a north arrow (that's simplifying quite a bit, heh!), so there you have it.

I'm going to keep at this pretty singlemindedly 'til I'm done, so posting may be slow for a bit.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

bat

That topo is looking very nice! Looking forward to more...

thundercrack83

Those dashed lines alone would have taken me hours, if not days to do alone! Brilliance, absolute brilliance!

Pat

David you are the Map Man sorta like the Rain Man...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

Here's another one down, this time Dustin's-

Click here [linkie] to see it full-size.  Its not that big, filesize-wise, but it will open in a new window anyway.

Back to the carto lab.  Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Yoman

On the map where 17 and 60 merge I'd put a white box marking an intersection, thats what I most often see on my maps.

Otherwise very cool.

thundercrack83

So that's where I'll be building! It looks outstanding! Now that I see where all the roads will be placed, I can kind of get a feel for this. I can't wait to develop it! Great work, David!

Pat

david that is anther awsome map... i do have one question for you though are you requiring CAM or no CAM for this?? - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Shadow Assassin

Looks outstanding.

But there's something a little odd with your elevation markers - how come some perfectly flat areas say 250m and other not-so-flat areas say like 350m?

I don't like how Route 4 goes around in that short a 90 degree turn... well, unless it has a side road coming off it or something.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Livin in Sim

Hey, David,

Now I know why Google Maps is so accurate and detailed...they have you chained in a back room somewhere churning out map after map, and giving them legal advice on the side, which they will need at some point, right?   $%Grinno$%  :D  This is all looking extremely interesting and it's great fun to look over.  I spotted Liv's Creek on the map, and saw that it was roaring down out of some pretty good size mountains, the Northern Range, into Upper Taylor Lake, and was pretty close to the town of Spring Grove.  (Whose quad is that?)  You can really picture how this is all going to fit together now, neato.

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on July 31, 2007, 10:34:51 PM
...Looks good, David. I wonder when we'll actually see some SC4 building, after all it's 75 pages and still no building in sight...

Sorry, SA, but nope,  &scl() there actually has been some building, and it's on Page 13.  Oh, and if you keep on going, you will see some more on Page 14!  I sure liked that little town, and that's prob'ly why I remembered it.  And I hope to see more soon!   :thumbsup:

Bye for now.

--Liv

mightygoose

so david are you going to assign target populations for each quad...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

HabLeUrG

oh god thats awesome I cant wait for mine  ;D excellent work David  :thumbsup: &apls &apls

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: Livin in Sim on August 05, 2007, 07:48:50 PM
Sorry, SA, but nope,  &scl() there actually has been some building, and it's on Page 13.  Oh, and if you keep on going, you will see some more on Page 14!  I sure liked that little town, and that's prob'ly why I remembered it.

Hmm, for some reason, I didn't think that was part of the 3 Rivers Region. It's not on the map anywhere. :P So we're both right. There isn't a building in sight on 3RR, but there's some photos of SC4 buildings in those two pages you linked to. :P

David will need to carry out the final verdict though. Is that town part of 3 Rivers, or is it just an experiment taking place on another region?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Livin in Sim

Yeah,  &Thk/( come to think of it, I never have seen that development on the map...so maybe it wasn't in the region.  I'm in suspense now, wondering, was it 3RR, or wasn't it?   :-\  Only David knows for sure...  :)