• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terring7

I would like to know if the triple track railroads will have the same or higher capacity in comparison with the double tracks. Those railroads will be very useful for my industrial train routes :)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

gn_leugim

apeguy

Wow, TTR is really starting to come together! Nice to see some ingame pics as well. :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

dedgren

The first of the ortho-diag curves is now a reality.

I'll be spending time today cleaning up the circa 2009 diagonal textures and eliminating the "bites" from that trackage.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

noahclem

Such smooth, graceful curves  :o

Girafe

Project is going well, nice to see some progress on rail field  &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Kergelen

&apls The curves looks very flexible! And the in-game pics are very promising.

Links to SC4 websites

abcvs

Must be time for a track-jacking...

Still love the STR!

Me and my Dad.  (He is 91...  if you are over 90 you get to ride the train for free!)

EDIT:  Craig, the rail pics are great, but the one of you and your dad is the best.  Say hi to him for me and pass along my best wishes- I'm sure there's something in 3RR somewhere named for him- we should take a look around. -de

gn_leugim

TheTeaCat

David

I been lurking/missing here too long, don't know what to say at all the amazing stuff  :o words fail me and that's a mighty hard thing to do to me ;)

I'll be back when I find the appropriate accolades for you and a nice hot cuppa too :D

Derry

EDIT:  Derry, my great friend, you have been sorely missed here.  I'll be watching for that cuppa! -de
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

carlfatal

The TTR will be the greatest addition to the game this year, every picture is amazing and shows the real stuff...  &apls
But i have to say: i love STR and especially i´m addicted to narrow gauge railways. So my favorite picture today/yesterday comes from abcvs: great shots! And Your father don´t look like 91, more like a hale 75 years old. I wish him the best for the next fifty years and all time free ride!  :thumbsup:
Greetz, Carl

dedgren

But there isn't any such thing as FARR3 STR...

Oh?

I clearly have some fine tuning work to do on the textures, but it seems like TTR may not be all that we're getting this go-round.

Off to bed.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

mike3775

At the rate this is going, I am going to be blowing up every single rail line I have built in my cities and replacing them with STR and TTR, which means bye bye toll booths for revenue  :)

sepen77

About the predictions, March 17th is my birthday! Now I'm even more excited. This will be an awesome birthday present :D

EDIT:  Robert, welcome to 3RR as a Regular! -de
~ Sepen77

dedgren

Heh!  Bet you thought I'd taken the weekend off...

I was encouraged over at Simtropolis to make one of these.

I think this is a pretty useful piece in a number of ways.  It'll be in the game shortly.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

mike3775

Quote from: dedgren on February 04, 2012, 06:15:07 PM
Heh!  Bet you thought I'd taken the weekend off...

I was encouraged over at Simtropolis to make one of these.

I think this is a pretty useful piece in a number of ways.  It'll be in the game shortly.

Later.

David

XXXXXX

Bet your behind that piece will be useful.  I already have a spot picked out for it in one of my cities where I plan on making a passenger rail line spur and that will be a great end or start junction piece

abcvs

QuoteFARR3 STR...

(Excuse me... but I just needed to emote-jack a smiley...)

Quote from: carlfatal on February 03, 2012, 04:50:33 PM
But i have to say: i love STR and especially i´m addicted to narrow gauge railways. So my favorite picture today/yesterday comes from abcvs: great shots! And Your father don´t look like 91, more like a hale 75 years old. I wish him the best for the next fifty years and all time free ride!  :thumbsup:
Greetz, Carl

Yup STR is still one of my favourites, and works well with the hilly region tiles I like to build on.

...and thank you very much for the kind comments.   At Christmas one of my nephews asked him "How are you Grandpa?" ...  to which he replied "Not bad for an old fella!"

Battlecat

Can't imagine why a piece like that wouldn't be useful.  Looks fantastic!

EDIT:  Heh, Gordon!  There's more where that one came from. -de

dedgren

In a bit it will be three years since the release of the first STR set.  I think...

...but I may be a bit biased...

...that it was a game changer.  Well, this spring the game is going to change again.

There are absolutely amazing transit developments in the works, folks.  Not all of them are rail- in fact, STR set two and TTR set one are just the tip of the iceberg.

But, like I said, it's a big iceberg.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

jdenm8

These look real nice (even though I have played with some of them before :P )

I can think of many a place where I can use that TTR to DTR/STR splitter in my cities...

As for your father, he looks pretty good for 91.

EDIT:  jd, that was actually Craig's (our great friend abcvs) dad, but I agree- it's a feel good moment to look at that father-son pic. -de

EDIT2: Ack, that'll learn me for Speed Reading -jdenm8

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley