• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Seaports Revealed: Unofficial Guide to the BSC Functional Seaports

Started by whatevermind, February 04, 2012, 01:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muko

hi agen i played my city a for 5 - 10 game years and the industrial i-ht and im demand came back after i had demolished the harbor then i placed a new one and it started to grow and is now stage 3. i will have to live with this sins theres no more building room left in the city as i dout a nabor city will youse the harbor.

Lowkee33

Quote from: Muko on May 16, 2012, 02:24:02 AM
hi agen i played my city a for 5 - 10 game years and the industrial i-ht and im demand came back after i had demolished the harbor then i placed a new one and it started to grow and is now stage 3. i will have to live with this sins theres no more building room left in the city as i dout a nabor city will youse the harbor.

This probably belongs in another thread.  I've had similar troubles at times, just seems to be a bug in the game.  I don't know your industrial population, but if it's near 70,000 then this is when you will need some type of neighbor connection (via road, rail, or seaport).  The 70,000 cap is relieved by that connection, but not like other growth types, the relief comes form the exports (traffic through such connections).  The bug would be that they don't see the seaport, so you don't get the relief even though you should.  Sometimes the demolish/re-plop does work.

Neighbor cities don't use your seaport.  Once freight reaches an export connection, it's function is done, there are no "goods" in SC4.

AsimPika3172

5 years later and thanks for nice custom seaports! I will try it now! :D
I loves Sim City forever!

jeffryfisher

QuoteThe file Railyard Texture Mega-Pack Vol 1.dat is version 1.01 of that file, not version 1.02.
I have at least one other mod that needs 1.02, so I installed both, with 1.01 put in load-order after 1.02 just in case. Datanode does not show any overrides between them (though it shows hundreds of FSH overrides within each -- what's up with that?).
BTW, 1.01 is difficult to find. Had to go to the STEX to find Railyard Textures Vol1.
Modding PC games since 1993 (back when we needed hex-editors)

mgb204

These are just textures, which means a load of overrides are either:

• Updated versions of previous ones released in the second pack
  • Simply duplicated textures, that for whatever reason were included in both

To my knowledge, the second pack was supposed to replace the first, but something didn't go right. Just DATPack the two together and then you'll be rid of any unnecessary duplication. Note that v1.02 should be loading after v1.01, since it's reasonable to assume that any changes to existing textures would be improvements/fixes. So you might want to ensure the order is correct before DATPacking them. Also it's worth pointing out, if you use RRW, Eggman121's overrides further override some (not all) of these textures. So if you really like a clean plugins folder, you want want to add those into the equation too.

Either way, being textures, it's very improbable this would have any bearing on your other seaport problems, just in case you thought otherwise.