• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Txrailcats Bat Hut

Started by txrailcat74, August 09, 2011, 06:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

txrailcat74

Hey all. I'm starting a new bat thread. First up, are my fire station bats.

This one just needs rendering.

Needs more trim

This one needs lighting.

Also needs more trim

What do y'all think? Suggestions are welcome.

Sciurus

The 3 first look very nice. Maybe could we have a render of them?

For the last: It's a shame there's no difference between the roof and the walls, like on the first. You should change the roof texture, to make the difference, because if you look in the reality at buildings like that, you'll see that the roof and the walls haven't the same texture, even it's metal plates! ;)

'Hope it helps,

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Rady

Nice! And a good idea to create some fire stations .. I am always looking for more variety in this sector of SC4 buidlings.

Second, you should really make a render (at least a preview), since you will soon see that the textures will look quite different in the rendered view. Also, make sure you have the HD script installed. You will find it in the Bat4Max thread over at Simtropolis (sorry, ST seems to be down again at the moment). Search for Bat4Max in Google, you will soon find it. There's a HD script for gmax (and probably Bat4Max does the same for 3ds max - don't know exactly since I'm using gmax).

Third, and that's what I learned in the recent days (started my own BAT thread just a few weeks ago  ()stsfd() ), you should give your textures a "dirty", "used" look. Otherwise it won't blend in with all the other stuff.
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

DaveN

The third building presents the best of all. First and last looks more like metal garages. Good luck and endurance on further work.

AlexandrosB13

First of all, you need to show Preview Renders, this is what counts and where you should jugde from cause the render is what you will get ingame, viewport images are not really helpfull, especially for texturing, you can never say if a texture is ok but seeing in on the viewport.

You should not render/export in HD, HD was made only for smaller props.

Just try to find images of buildings like the ones you are making, and try to find details in the picture, then try to model it in gmax. This way your buildings will look much more alive, and yes, i think the 3rd one is a good example, probably the best one of all.

In general, i think thats a great start :)