• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Weird graphics problem?

Started by schooner2, June 02, 2007, 08:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schooner2

I recently started playing SC4 again and created a whole new region.  Well, now that I am ready to build cities,  I am getting this strange graphic problem.  See the attached picture.  At first I thought it was a plug-in conflict. so I have removed all of my plug-ins. Yet,this still is happening even though the game is now a vanilla version. I have SC4 Deluxe edition.  It has to be hardware related but all the drivers are up to date and I have all the latest patches for SC4 and Windows XP as well.  This problem has just started as I played a sandbox region a few months ago and this problem did not occur then.

My computer is Dell-specs:

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 320GHz
2gb ram
Windows XP with service pack 2
nvidia GeForce 6800 GPU 256mb

All drivers are up to date.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. 
"Proclaiming your religion, race, ethnicity, gender just cheapens your image.  After all, aren't we all just human?"  - Anonymous

schooner2

Nobody has any idea what can be causing this?  ()what()  I have tried everything.   I guess I will just have to buy a new computer.   &mmm

Anyhow, There is a HP computer on sale with the following specifications.  Do you think this will be good to run SC4 Deluxe Edition?  Again, any ideas or thoughts are most appreciated!!

Product Details

Processor Brand AMD Athlon(TM) 64 X2
Processor Speed 2.0GHz
System Bus 2000MHz
Cache Memory 512KB + 512KB on die Level 2
System Memory (RAM) 1GB
System Memory (RAM) Expandable To 2GB
Type of Memory (RAM) PC2-4200 DDR2 SDRAM
Hard Drive Type SATA (7200 rpm)
Hard Drive Size 250GB
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE with TurboCache
Video Memory 128MB (dedicated); up to 319MB (allocated by Windows Vista)
"Proclaiming your religion, race, ethnicity, gender just cheapens your image.  After all, aren't we all just human?"  - Anonymous

wouanagaine

I have no idea, does it happen on only SC4 game ?
if it is hardware related it will appear on other games
also try to change to software renderer in the SC4 graphic options to see if it still happen

For you second post, go with 2GB from the start instead of 1GB, and you'll have a winner ( for playing SC4 with a good sized plugins folder )

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

schooner2

Thanks for your input, wouanagaine.  I do have it on software renderer and it does only occur on SC4.  Anyway, I'll probably get the new computer and upgrade to 2GB, like you've suggested!