• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Nexis Works

Started by mrbisonm, May 12, 2009, 11:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimcar

&apls &apls I like this thouch too. It will be nice too to see some people on it too ;)

mrbisonm

Quote from: RippleJet on December 17, 2009, 01:48:29 PM
I love the statues in the middle of the span... :)
There's something Middle Earth/Gondorish over them... ::)

I had the same feeling when I saw the statues like this on the bridge.

tamorr, thanks you're a great help, that >|< button on the top right of gmax makes exactly what I was I was looking for.

Thanks folks for the comments.

I was away to the civil court in Alberta for a few days again and didn't have much time to come and visit my thread, but I had some time to work on my projects that I took along on my laptop in the lonely evenings in my motel. I didn't do much, but I have done some improvements on different models.

First I finished my College model that also can be done as a R$$ wealth ploppable and growable residentials, only a third part of this will be used though......

........then I also had some need to work on my Energy plant a little bit, adding some more structures and details..............

.......and then I added a gate and some more details to the Castle Bridge and finished that one.......

.....and again I also finished the smaller castle with details and improvements, showing four pics below from all directions of the finished product....

....and finally I also worked on the big castle, now starting to add some buildings and details inside the court.

Hope you like what you see. I will soon contact BarbyW for some help and advice for the finished models and then render and plop them on some fine Lots to be uploaded here on SC4D first and next year on ST.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

tag_one

Amazing work on the castle Fred! The star apartments and the energy plan are also a pleasure to look at  &apls :thumbsup:

kimcar

&apls &apls Fantastic work mate  :thumbsup:

tamorr

Your Welcome... The buildings looks like they are coming along nicely... I didn't even notice your power plant that is enticing so far... Really like the flower Apartments... Star Apartments... I only said flower due to fact it was first thing I thought of, as a triple split petal in a circle reminded me of a flower I once saw in central USA. Between Ohio to Indiana... Anyways it is good to see you have at least some progress on many of the models you are working on. ()stsfd()
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

seraf

Very nice work on the castle.  :)  &apls

mrbisonm

Just to let you all know that I am not dead yet. ;)
After all I have been through irl last summer and fall, I decided to disappear right after Christmas for some *Metime* to my favourite Country, New Zealand, and spend relaxing moments away with my wife from all the stress and problems that were following me. I just got back last night.
Now that I am back home, other problems reappear....lol....Dohhhh! (smaller ones though)
The water pipe in one of my barns froze because of the two weeks of -20 C we had in Quebec/Canada and one of my apprentices decided to drop her studies in the architecture line and start something else, plus problems with my gaming computer, which one of my sons greatly abused while we were gone and some more minor things. In other words: What a mess! ;)

So, I will have to get all these things straightened out first, get used again to normal life at home and get myself back into Simcity play. I suppose this will take a couple of weeks.
Don't panic, nothing will change, everything will continue in a regular way. I am still on vacation until the end of March, besides the regular things to do at home and on the farm.

I have posted this in all my three threads: Nexis Works (Batforum) - GRV II - Winding River Project (MDforum). I will continue my BATs and my MD/CJ soon and GRV II will be fully back online also.
For those who haven't filled all the challenges in the GRV Challenge, now is the time, because I will start to calculate the points for the last challenges next weekend and once they're all done and uploaded, the last two challenges will be on their way.(I only hope that some of you are still with us)
Concerning my BATs, some of them will be released soon. And my MD will be fully back with regular updates also.

Sorry, it took so long, but before paying myself a fullsized heartattack because of all that stress and fatigue from last summer and fall, I decided to think of myself first for the last months.
Thanks for hanging in there and have a wonderfull year 2010. ;)

Fred

mrbisonm

Well, I finally made it, I got gmax installed on my new computer and I "took it for a spin", as we call something we try out for the first time here in my region. I came up with the model below, that I have started some years ago and that I am about to finish together with some other models that will go along with this BAT.
This weekend I will concentrate myself on the castle again and try to get it ready for tweaking (should I make a Reward or a LM?).

I am not sure yet whether it will be better to make just one model or two out of it, I still have some visual problems with the pillars of the bridge, because sometimes the part that is supposed to be *lower* than the ground, seems to be "above" the ground depending on where you plop it, and this , I don't like yet. Anyone has an idea?
I will get a picture of it later this weekend to show what I really mean.

Meanwhile I will get the last details fixed and added and continue on my College/or Residential Model (1st pic on this page)

Fred

dahemac

I posted this under General Support before I found the Nexis Works Thread. Maybe this is the better place for it:

Years ago I started using Nexis Mini Utilities to cover large areas in mostly rural cities. I noticed today that they were not functioning correctly. For instance the Nexis Mini Emergency Dept. has only 1 truck not 2. Then I went into my plugins folder and could not find any plugin that could be the Nexis Mini Utilities. So, it was odd that they are in my SC4 menus at all. So, I found a download for them again on the STEX (http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=1847) and downloaded the ZIP. The ZIP contained four files with no file extension that I assumed were supposed to be .dat files. I put these into the plugins and there is no change in the not-working quite right properties of the Mini Utilities. Does anyone have any suggestions? Are there any alternative lots I could use?

EEEK! I added the .dat file extension to the files and restarted the game. The Utilities went disasterously south. There funding kept changing on me and the coverage area was insignificant. Fires! Crime! Strikes! Chaos! I sure would like to sort this out.

dahemac

SOLVED!
It is the THL Realistic Civic Mod that I have installed and it includes modded versions of the Nexis Lots. That is why they have different attributes and that is why I couldn't find the DAT. Sigh!

mrbisonm

dahemac,
I know that some of my BATs and Lots have minor problems with certain mods or not. I have a *free time* problem since a few years, but one day I will redesin and mod every Nexis lot. Glad you got that solved, if you ever encounter a problem with any Nexis lot or BAT, just let me know and I will surely try to find a solution to improve it. Glad that you brought that up.

Fred

Highrise99

I like all the green energy in the beginning, although everything is good. :)  The textures make all the difference.

mrbisonm

Well, I'm finally back. Slowly I will continue BATting in the next months, most likely once the snow stays on the ground in my area.
I did a few things on some of my projects (above), not enough though to show you the changes yet, but there is this waterpump that I made for my MD. I think I just finished it today.
Anything I might add before I start lotting and tweaking it?
I would like this waterpump to be able to supply water on a medium citytile. How much water does it have to pump, anyone know?

Any help or suggestions are always welcome.

Fred

mrbisonm

I started texturing my energy plant and since it is the first time that I use a bricktexture, I have these repeating lines. Could someone tell me how to get rid of them please?

I can't leave it like this, it looks worse than bad. :thumbsdown:

Fred

mightygoose

your texture is not tileable and is darker on one side, so when the BAT tiles it you get the horrible lines.... find a new texture or edit that one.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

travismking

mightygoose beat me to it, you need a tileable texture, basically one that is the same on both sides, so when they line up they dont look terrible, like your texture does  :P

mrbisonm

Thanks mightygoose and travismking for the tip. After having tried about 15 different textures I finally found one that doesn't look too bad with the repetetive pattern. Although not quite the colour and style that I wished for, I will use it. Maybe with some tweaking in Gimp I may come up with a better version of it.
Thanks again, much appreciated.

Btw, have a look at my waterpumping station above, think it's ready to upload or should I use different tex's, add or delete something on the model?

Thanks

Fred

Girafe

With brick texture you can try something else with the old one, you can check the option mirror in u or v and you will have twice less problems. Sometimes it gives nice result  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

RippleJet

Quote from: Girafe on November 11, 2010, 09:23:55 AM
check the option mirror in u or v and you will have twice less problems.

::)
May I quote you on that, Antoine? :)

Girafe

quote me quote me Tage   :D

always the word to laugh
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    *