• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Lovely textures alright - but those T21s with the traffic lights definitely need some adjustment.  :P

EDITSee the second post up, my friend.  Frohe Weihnachten!. -de 
Andreas

Lowkee33

How about naming it the 3RRRRR?   :P

Nice work with the textures.  There are some snow pictures on the picture comp. right now, and I thought something was missing.  I couldn't find the straight road texture, but I made a quick one with the street.

Anyway, a snow set like this just uses the same ID.  All you would have to do is name it with a "z" and throw it in when you want that perfect winter pic (not this texture of course).

EDITHeh, Carl- Why do I think of Alaska when I see that pic?  My 40 mile/65 kilometer daily commute (each way) is over frosted roads about six months of the year.  I do agree, though, if you want a special road surface texture effect, it is easy to slip it/them in and out of the game in exactly the manner you described. -de 

dedgren

Just a response to Andreas before I head for the office.

Quotebut those T21s with the traffic lights definitely need some adjustment

Urrrrgh!  They don't just need adjustment- they need to be toast.  The extraordinary poor quality and ridiculous placement of most of the "game" T21s has always been on the edge of my radar screen- if you look back through 3RR you will see instances where I have selectively removed them.

So, I have ignored them in the development of RealRoads to this point.  That however, won't continue.  As noted, I know how to remove them, but I'll either need to learn T21ing in order to properly replace them or find a 3RR Regular* who might be willing to help in that regard.

David

* A 3RR Regular is, as we all know, anyone who has posted in 3RR here or over at ST at least once.  We keep track, as you will see once again come the new year.

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

MandelSoft

I might want help you, since I've made a mod (the ITC Stoplight Mod) that replaces all maxis stoplights with my own, completely with a different setup. Though there are some placement issues at some intersections...

The only problem is that with my mod they are placed with an European placement pattern, that means they are placed at the adjacent side of the intersection. However, I know that in the US stoplights are placed at the opposite side of the intersection. So you'll need a different placement pattern. Fortunately you can use my mod to get the T21 files, so you don't have to copy and filter them out of SimCity_1.dat.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Ryan B.

Instead of traffic signals, I think my old friends R1-1 & W1-7 will suffice.

noahclem

Really interesting (and good-looking ;) ) re-texturing project! I won't wade into the fray over gravel transitions or acronyms at this point but I do look forward to seeing how this turns out  :thumbsup:

The snowy street textures look great Lowkee33! The roads I drive on up here are usually snow-covered too. Fortunately, however, my house is attached to my place of work so my commute doesn't involve going outside, much less 65km  $%Grinno$%  My interest in winter scenes has been piqued lately as well, in part because of the photo competition....

dedgren

First things first-

We're a week out, but I almost never get cards done on time.

Heather and I wish everyone the happiest of holidays and the best of fortune in the new year ahead.  Both of us truly appreciate the continued interest in Three Rivers Region, and I thank you so much for the patience you've all shown as we've dealt and worked through the RL challenges of the past year.

As I spent yesterday evening shopping (urrgh!) and today pretty much all day getting things at home ready for our first Christmas here in five years with Tristen, I'm running a bit behind, SC4-wise.  To tide you over to tomorrow's posts, here's a great pic of a transportation icon from a little different vantage point than the one commonly used.

All rights reserved in original copyright holder, National Geographic, 2008

I found the pic, which was apparently originally in National Geographic magazine, on the web through a great browser utility called StumbleUpon [linkie].  You tell StumbleUpon your interests and it will take you, I guarantee, to places on the web you never would have found on your own.

Anyway, free plug aside, the deck of the Golden Gate makes those dark mid-lanes on SC4 roadways look pretty realistic.  I doubt, though, that any of our roads carry 100,000 cars per day [linkie].

G'night, everyone.  Much more tomorrow.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

dedgren

Road-enders.

I have 13 RealRoads retextures left in the default set to create and code.

Tomorrow, the 20th, is 3RR's fourth anniversary here at SC4D.  Thanks, jeroni, once again for this great site and your incredible friendship over the years.  More on that coming up.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

MandelSoft

Here in the Netherlands it's already the 20th! Hooray for the fourth aniversery of 3RR!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Terring7

Oh my, this picture is adorable &blush &blush

Holy Molly!! :shocked2: :shocked2: :)

With so many interesting creations, i think I'll use a bit more the highways ;D . Happy anniversary my friends &apls &dance
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

nekseb

Happy Birthday, 3RR!  &apls
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

FrankU

Ryan B.

Happy Birthday, 3RR!  Here's to many more years of fun & learning!   &apls

mightygoose

happy fourth birthday, i remember when this CJ was just four tiles XD
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

riiga

Grattis på födelsedagen, 3RR!  &apls

ecoba

Happy anniversary to 3RR ! :)

Ethan

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Lowkee33

Happy Birthday Three Rivers Region!

()flower()

~I guess we just weren't looking before~

Gringamuyloca

Happy Birthday 3RR...

It was this 'topic' that got me to fire up my old SC4... and started me on the learning curve of 'custom content'... and I'm proud to say after 936 downloads, 3995 files at 2.20GB I think I'm getting the hang of it.  :D

I've learned way more about 'computers' than I ever thought I would (thanks to Vista  :'( ) and I can now say I know what 'custom content/plugins' means... ??? I didn't have a clue when I first landed here... but then again, I never foresaw the day when I wouldn't have to run to the bank on payday Friday to deposit my check.. $%Grinno$%.

Thank you David... and your family, for your time, knowledge and your willingness to share!

All the best to you and your loved ones...

EDIT
Quote« Reply #9879 on: Today at 11:23:17 PM »
You truly are rust personified.  $%Grinno$%

Tamara

dedgren

Just getting home at a little after 8:00 p.m. Alaska time (GMT-9) after a long, long day.  We're about 10 page views away from 1,000 today- shades of 2008!

I'm going to get some dinner, then sit down to knock out some more RealRoads retextures/coding before bed.  I'll also do an anniversary post, so we're not done for the day yet.

Later.

UPDATE @ 2210 AST (GMT-9):  Totality in 30 minutes!

Here's another.

And one for some perspective.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...