• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How To: Build an Embanked Highway

Started by CasperVg, December 16, 2007, 06:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CasperVg

Hello, this is a tutorial that will inform you about building Embanked Highways.

Plugins that you will need:
- the Network Addon Mod and the NAM Essentials
- Smoncries Hole Digging Lots

Plugins that will make the result more eye-pleasing
- Some plopable trees
- A highway-wall set

Let's get started:

Step 1: Locate the Hole Digging Lots and select the one that elevates the ground by 15m
Plop a few of them in a row, but make sure not to place them after eachother.

Step 2: Drag a road over them, and you should receive this result.

Step 3: Use the obliterate function to ehh.. obliterate the roads and lots. Kaboom!

Step 4: Use road tiles to level any further ground you wish to see embanked.

Step 5: Now, in order to create a fully functional embanked highway, and keep it aesteticly pleasing, enwiden the embankement to measure 4 tiles.

Step 6: Obliterate the road tiles again. Blast danger, clear the area!

Step 7: Now, drag a ground highway over the embankment, most preferberably in the middle.

(Additional Step): You can, if you need it, drag another transportation road under the embankment, and this is where the functionality comes in; when you would have kept the embankment two tiles wide, no tunnel could be constructed. Try and see!

Step 8: Well, you now know how to create an embankement, but I guess you would also like to know how to create on and offramps for them; well, first all level a part (like 4 tiles on each side or so) of the embankment back to ground level, make sure the highway itself stays embanked.

Step 9: Locate the "Elevated / Ground Highway Parallel Ramps" button in your Highways-menu. Press the "Tab"-button once, and place the ramp that appears sorta like the ones on the picture.

Step 10: Now, press "Tab" again, and another time (so twice) and place the ramps so the totals forms something like this.

Step 11: Congrats, you now know the Embankment Essentials, now you can make your embankments a piece of eye-candy by usage of highwaywalls and trees and such.

In the end, you can become something like this. (The elevated part on the end is something for another tutorial, i guess).
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

LoneRanger

Hoi Casper,
very good tutorial.  :thumbsup:
Maybe in addition you might wanna add links to the pluggins needed?  &idea

Pat

Caspervg that is a very good tut and i found it to be very easy and helpful thank you!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

claydog

Nice tutorial, except you should mention one thing. NOT all highway wall sets work at the 15m level. :(

So, does anyone know how to make an embanked highway at exactly 14m? ()what()

I think that (14m) is what buddybud's great sunken highway walls have to have to work right?