• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The City & County of Honolulu

Started by sumwonyuno, July 31, 2009, 01:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ol.S / Benoit

You're doing a great job with the flora and the landscapes, looks very realistic :)  :thumbsup:
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Skimbo

The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

noahclem

Great, lush, tropical forest! I think I need to visit hawaii again!  $%Grinno$%

Tomas Neto

Fantastic..., awesome work my friend!!!   &apls &apls

nbvc

scott1964

supremec

So fabulous  &apls  &apls, I love your vegetations  :thumbsup:
Click on the banner to see my BATs

kwakelaar

Frank F Fasi Municipal Building - your new version is much improved, looks a lot better with the new textures.
And great work with your landscaping.

io_bg

Nice work recreating that mountain. I guess placing all these trees has taken a while!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

nedalezz

Thats one good looking mountain!

Very well done, cant wait to see more of your updates :)

sumwonyuno

Hello all,

I went on a hike yesterday up Makapu'u, the southeastern point of O'ahu.  I'm used to it being a dry area, but the recent rains have turned the area green.

A picture from along the way up:

An in-game inspiration:

Here's the view from the top.  I did a reconstruction update (almost exactly a year ago!) on those vertical cliffs in the distance.

In other news, I have something epic planned for the second anniversary on July 31st.  (It's suppose to be a secret! ;) )  I also have various projects and groups I'm affliated with outside of SimCity.  Follow my blog (sumwonyuno.blogspot.com) if you'd like to know what else I'm doing out here in the middle of the Pacific.  I'm aiming to have daily updates.  I'll still do published updates here, but I might put some SimCity goodies there.

Until next time, take care!

***Replies***

marsh:  Heh, this side of the mountain is lush anyway.   :P
Ol.S / Benoit:  Thanks!  Realistic is the standard.
Skimbo:  Thanks Skimbo!
noahclem:  Glad you visited, and hope you do come back!
Tomas Neto:  Thanks Tomas!
nbvc:  Thank you nbvc!
scott1964:  Thanks scott1964!
supremec:  Thank you very much!
kwakelaar:  Heh, the community helped me with recommendations.  I'm certainly proud of the results!
io_bg:  Trees are evil!   ;D  My hands and arms have recovered.
nedalezz:  I know you'll enjoy what's coming up.   ;)

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

kelis

Beautiful pictures ! I like so much your recreation work, You are doing a great job mate, keep up the good work  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

noahclem

Looks nice! My curiosity is piqued as to what you have planned for the anniversary  :thumbsup:

kwakelaar

That is some fantastic scenery, great photo :)

Skimbo

cool! looking forward to the annivesary :D
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

bat

Nice work on that road.
And looking forward to the anniversary special, too... ;)

Tomas Neto

Wow..., fantastic recreation work, and awesome this path, really a good idea to made a road!!!   &apls &apls

supremec

Very good, it's beautifully recreated  &apls I think back to Test Drive Unlimited when I read your MD  ;D
Click on the banner to see my BATs

Reikhardt

The way you use the flora in that shot really captures the feeling of moisture, a truly great picture there!

Quote from: supremec on June 18, 2011, 11:02:59 AM
Very good, it's beautifully recreated  &apls I think back to Test Drive Unlimited when I read your MD  ;D

Same here! I loved that game just for touring around the island, found the racing just got in the way  ;)

RickD

Great pictures. I, too, have to think about Test Drive Unlimited all the time.  ;)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)