• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A200

Korot

@Jmvl: Why do the paths look so weird? Some paths just cross from lane to lane, giving a weirdish look to it.

jmvl

Quote from: Korot on April 04, 2009, 05:58:37 AM
@Jmvl: Why do the paths look so weird? Some paths just cross from lane to lane, giving a weirdish look to it.
Well, that's because cars are able to switch to another lane while driving over the Puzzle Piece. Because cars can't switch to another path in another tile, I had to make extra paths, just like it's done on the RHW-6C, RHW-8 and RHW-10.

bthersh

That's awesome.  It looks much better than the original version, and is definitely something that I would use!  Thanks for your work.

allan_kuan1992

io_bg

Wonderful! This should be really useful! &apls
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Ryan B.

Fantastic work, jmvl!  Sorry for not being able to help out this go-round!  :)

darraghf

Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

Xyloxadoria

Quote from: jmvl on April 04, 2009, 05:42:56 AM
My "to do" list is a little bit shorter now:
- A RHW-8 to RHW-6C transition (left and right puzzle pieces)
- A RHW-6C to RHW-4 transition with a MIS entrance and a MIS exit lane (left and right puzzle pieces)

The 6-C is one puzzle piece for both sides, wouldn't that mean that the left and right sides would have to be together in one, or do you have a different way of doing it?

However you are doing it, it looks great.

bob56

i've noticed that it's become possible to have three networks on a tile...SO, would it be possible for

1. HIgh elevated rail over RHW-over-RHW

2. HIgh Elevated Rail over MIS-over-RHW or vice versa

3. Same as 1 and two, but with monorail

Just ideas... ;)
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

mightygoose

Quote from: bob56 on April 05, 2009, 08:12:56 AM
i've noticed that it's become possible to have three networks on a tile...SO, would it be possible for

1. HIgh elevated rail over RHW-over-RHW

2. HIgh Elevated Rail over MIS-over-RHW or vice versa

3. Same as 1 and two, but with monorail

Just ideas... ;)

as far as i was aware you can only have two networks on each tile... something to do with 16 possible path transitions between tiles a la hexidecimal,
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

JoeST

mightygoose: yeah, that little annoyance has been over-rul'ed (:D) by Chrisim and Jonathan, RE: TRAM+rail intersections or FLUP's I think

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Jonathan

The limit was the RUL file wouldn't accept three different networks, in T-RAM this was El-Rail (GLR), Road, and Rail, for Rail viaduct over T-RAM.
But we can have as many different path types as we like, for example the standard orth Tram in Road piece has El-Rail(GLR), Rail (GLR UDI), Car, and Pedestrian.

High Elevated Rail over RHW over RHW, only counts as two networks, because RHW and RHW are the same. (Though how are you thinking of having RHw under RHW under El-Rail?)

High Elevated Rail over MIS-over-RHW would also only count as 2 because MIS is still the RHW network(in RULs the RHW is called Dirtroad), all RHW 'networks' use the same network tool.

Jonathan

bob56

I was thinking of RHW-over-RHW piece, with high-el-rail on top
Maybe like this...SOrry for the paint pic, It's all I have as of now...

I would only need this for overpasses. I like el-RHW and RHW, and I would love to use this, without having to transfer an RHW to ave, road, ect.

Hope this clarifies! Again, these are just ideas. THey don't have to be made!!
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

jmvl

I haven't been here for a day, so I've to answer some replies.

bthersh:
Quote from: bthersh on April 04, 2009, 07:45:03 AM
That's awesome.  It looks much better than the original version, and is definitely something that I would use!  Thanks for your work.
You're welcome.
allan_kuan1992:
Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on April 04, 2009, 08:12:49 AM
Wow.

That was really fast =O

- Allan Kuan
Thank you for saying that! ;) I though I was slow, there was a month between finishing the first and the the second version.
burgsabre87:
Quote from: burgsabre87 on April 04, 2009, 09:37:16 AM
Fantastic work, jmvl!  Sorry for not being able to help out this go-round!  :)
Well, you haven't to say "sorry" for that, Alex (Tarkus) has already made the textures. If you like to help with the textures of my two next Puzzle Pieces, I think it's a good idea to contact Alex. I've sent a PM to him about my new planned Puzzle Pieces. For any future questions, feel free to contact my by PM. ;)
Xyloxadoria:
Quote from: Xyloxadoria on April 05, 2009, 08:03:15 AM
The 6-C is one puzzle piece for both sides, wouldn't that mean that the left and right sides would have to be together in one, or do you have a different way of doing it?

However you are doing it, it looks great.
Well, there is a different between a "left" and a "right" version of a Puzzle Piece.
Have a look at this schematic example for the RHW-8 to RHW-6C transition with a MIS entrance and a MIS exit lane Puzzle Piece:
Left:      Right:
XXXXX   XXXXX
XXXXX   XXXXX
XXXXX   XXXXX
XXXXX   XXXXX
  XXXX   XXXX

As you see, the left version has no occupied tile at the bottom left and the right version has no occupied tile at the bottom right of the Puzzle Piece. That's the difference. Also, thanks for you compliment. ;)

Also, I thank everybody else who has complimented me.

About bob56 ideas, maybe some of these combinations are possible (but not all, like Warrior said). The ideas are great, but I think it is very much work to make all this new combinations.

Jonathan

Wow, how forgetful I can be,
I forgot to put in my last post, how amazed I am to see the puzzle so soon, your a genius for working it all out so fast. :thumbsup:
100% perfect, a little touch up on the edges of the alphas and it will 110% perfect. :)

Jonathan

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: jmvl on April 05, 2009, 09:05:54 AM
[snip]

Xyloxadoria:Well, there is a different between a "left" and a "right" version of a Puzzle Piece.
Have a look at this schematic example for the RHW-8 to RHW-6C transition with a MIS entrance and a MIS exit lane Puzzle Piece:
Left:      Right:
XXXXX   XXXXX
XXXXX   XXXXX
XXXXX   XXXXX
XXXXX   XXXXX
  XXXX   XXXX

As you see, the left version has no occupied tile at the bottom left and the right version has no occupied tile at the bottom right of the Puzzle Piece. That's the difference. Also, thanks for you compliment. ;)

Aren't the left and right versions of this puzzle piece just mirror images of each other? Taking this into consideration, do you have to make a whole new set of paths etc. for the other version, or can the paths for this version just be flipped? I would imagine that the two versions can be combined into one tab-entry in the puzzle piece rotation ring, is that right?

Great work, by the way. I can't wait to see your next puzzle pieces!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Tarkus

Well, there is a "Transpose" command in RUL 0x10000000 that automatically mirrors pieces, but for some reason, whenever you put a Puzzle Drag Starter on the end of a piece, like an MIS Ramp starter, it causes the "Transpose" function to not work properly, requiring a separate instance. 

-Alex

Tarkus

Quote from: Warrior on April 05, 2009, 02:14:41 PM
Alex,
To flip a piece with a Puzzle Drag Starter you need to make flipped versions of the 10000001 RULs.

Jonathan

Why didn't I think of that after all these years? :D  Thanks for the tip, Jonathan!

-Alex