• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerton

Awesome work so far David. You make this game fun to play with.  Keep the work up and coming. JKB

I do believe that I got a double 0 post.

EDITThat you have, Jon.  Congrats! -DE
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

dedgren

Well, it's pretty darn cold here.

That'll give you a pretty good idea of the light level outside at nine in the morning in South-central Alaska this time of year.  The thermometer says it's 16 below zero (F)/-27 Celsius.  Google says it's warmer...

...but Google isn't standing outside next to the thermometer.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

M4346

You know, for my metric eyes 17 degrees doesn't look all that bad for winter! :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

JoeST

yeah it was only like 5°C here this morning.... :O

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

abcvs

Weather for Auckland, New Zealand

Auckland 16°C
Current: Mostly Cloudy
Wind: SW at 16 km/h
Humidity: 54%

Wed
18°C | 11°C

Thu

18°C | 10°C

Fri

20°C | 13°C

Sat

18°C | 17°C

threestooges

It's about 85F/29.5C here in Orange today, but then again... part of our state is on fire. I've been in some cold weather before, and I like snow, but I think -16F is a wee bit chilly. Get back inside before you catch a cold.
-Matt

CarmineHilton

What are you all complaining about? Currently it's -3°C (= 26.6°F) where I live and it's just autumn!
I'm so going to freeze to death this winter. Glad I don't live even more up north!

@ dedgren/3RR: Love the trees and can't wait for the new rails! :)

wes.janson

This is why I chose Vancouver as my home. Late fall and its about 9 - 10°C
I left that white cold stuff back in the praries where it belongs.

Mind you, I've lived in the Yukon for awhile and -30°C degrees in March there seems a lot warmer there then -2°C does in Vancouver. The dampness of the air here seems to cut right to the bone sometimes.

David.. those ploppable trees have been sooo much fun to play with. I'd love to figure out how to make a tree controller for them. Also, I am very much enjoying the telephone poles (I converted them to props for use in the LE).
Thank you (and all who pitched in) for the time and effort

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

metarvo

About 30°F is what I've seen so far.  On another note... it sure is awfully quiet here.  It's been over twelve hours with no post at all, let alone a post from David.  I wonder if he's up to something, again? :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Geronimo

Great work on those trees David, and big applause to the whole 3RR team, you are incredible!
Keep up the good work, I think this place is grrrrreat!   &apls

Quote from: metarvo on November 19, 2008, 05:43:47 AM
About 30°F is what I've seen so far.  On another note... it sure is awfully quiet here.  It's been over twelve hours with no post at all, let alone a post from David.  I wonder if he's up to something, again? :)

With that climate around there I hope he`s finishing that insulation!   :P

abcvs

Weather for Wasilla, AK, USA

Current: Clear  -6°C
Wind: N at 13 km/h
Humidity: 63%

Wed
-7°C | -14°C

Thu
-9°C | -16°C

Fri
-10°C | -15°C

Sat
-5°C | -6°C

Heat wave forcast for Saturday.. [sorry my google doesn't understand °F]

dedgren

Not to turn 3RR into The Weather Channel [linkie], but Craig (abcvs) is right.  It's still darn cold here.  Was -21 (F)/-30 (C) at 6:00 this morning.  It's about -13 right now.

Because the humidity is relative high at about 65%, we're starting to get that ice fog [linkie] effect where little ice crystals grow all over everything outside.

Wet hands will stick to doorknobs inside the house in entryways and porches that aren't fully heated.  It's a chore to go outside.

I'm working this week on some appellate briefing that's due on Friday, so don't feel ignored.  I have still been working for about an hour each night on project stuff, but it will be slow for the next couple of days.  Thanks for hanging in there.

David

174956 - 175K sometime in the next few hours.  Gosh, folks... thanks again!
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

buckbeach

David, while it may not appeal to everyone I am sure your area does have many positives to compensate for those long cold winters.   Can you tell us what city you live in.

Pozzessed

&apls .. woohoo!! Three Rivers Region  (Read 175000 times)   &apls

I'm not a cold weather person but I can just about take the snow, the worst is the freezing rain where the ground temp is colder than the air .. the rain hits the ground and everything is turned into a sheet of ice.

Going to play with the ploppable seasonal trees in the morning :-)
Please call me Roz.
Visit my BAT thread .. http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11464.0
The Beginning of Knowledge, Is the Discovery of Something We Do Not Understand ...

I Refuse To Have A Battle Of Wits With An Unarmed Person.

thundercrack83

You made it to 175K, David!

Congratulations, my friend! And good luck with the briefing!

Dustin

rooker1

Incredible work and a very well deserved bench mark. 
Easily acheived, I'm sure it will reach double this in no time.

&apls

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Grneyes

David, are you really in Wasilla?

EDIT: Yes, he is--but please, avoid politics here. Thanks. - Dustin (thundercrack83)

choco

i wanted to share something i just started working on recently....as my contribution to the STR work going on.  this was really a pipe dream until i stumbled in here and realized the one thing i needed for this was in development....so i thought i'd try BATing something a bit more difficult.

im bad at keeping secrets anyway.....

no textures, and only 3 of 6 pieces have been started.  so theres still lots to be done before this sees the light of day....

the LOD is gonna be a nightmare :'(

bat

Nice work on those trees there, David! Nice stuff...
And that bridge is looking nice so far, choco... :thumbsup:

metarvo

That's cool, choco! :thumbsup:  It already looks good, and I'm sure that it will be textured well.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.