• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Reddonquixote's International BAT Thread

Started by reddonquixote, August 16, 2015, 02:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simcoug

Whenever I want to be amazed I just mosey through this thread (and your ST one)...
:popcorn:

;D

Aaron Graham

Wonderful work, you should be part of NYBT team. :D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

SuperMessi

Reddon the top of the Chrysler is just perfect. A question: is Engenhão a stadium in real life?

reddonquixote

Progress on Engenhão is excruciatingly slow... I'm finding it too much of a chore and it's keeping me away from BATing 'cos I don't want to start something new until I finish something :(

Chrysler Building is pretty close, I just need to do that last mosaic texture and nightlights, so maybe I'll focus on getting that one out. Engenhão can progress slowly in the background  ()stsfd()

Replies:

JP - cracked me up  :D :D
CP - hmmm... maybe I am... Engenhão is getting the better of me  :P
SimCoug - Thankyou! I'll have to pick up the pace so you have more stuff to look at  ;)
Aaron - Thanks buddy! Maybe think of me as an honorary member :)
SuperMessi - Thankyou :) Yes, Engenhão is a stadium in Rio. (I started making it for the Rio 2016 project over on ST.)

Here's some latest updates, mainly on the roof:

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

mattb325

Wow - the stadium is amazingly detailed! I don't envy you the job of texturing all those seats, though  :popcorn:

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Vizoria

I have looked at Reddonquixote's Chrysler Building and there is definitely something eye-catching about it, I can't put my finger on it but it's got to be some BATing magic.

noahclem

The stadium might seem like an annoying chore to you but at least it's beautiful for me to look at :D  In all seriousness though, I often find that taking a break from something I need to do but am not enjoying will make later work easier and more productive--besides the extra energy one can think of an idea one might not have before. To put that in context though, I don't feel great about my exceptional ability at procrastination  ::)

The Chrysler Building is on a level that you just don't see often. I'm sure part of that is it's brilliant RL design but I'm tempted to say yours looks even better than that. Always great to follow your work!

c.p.

It's a great looking stadium so far. :thumbsup:  To make it less excruciating, maybe break the model down into a few/several models, and then merge them back together after the texturing is done?

JP Schriefer

For God, I lost a lot of surprises from the first week from december :D
Engenhão is looking fantastic! Maybe it's boring to do cuz you don't really like soccer and it's too big, but you can be sure you're doing an amazing work. We still have 8 months to the Olympics, so you can even release Chrysler, Empire State Building, the Colosseum and the great pyramids thank you :)
Ok, just kidding. Anyway, I have not more words to praise you so I have to say those things to be different  :bnn:

reddonquixote

Well, I thought I had finally finished all the mosaics on the Chrysler Building but then I spotted another section I didn't see before, so I need to do those before the final day renders.  :'(

In the meantime I had completed all the nightlights, so they are ready to go at least. Here's the preview renders, the first one is Z4 so you can see it a bit better. Please let me know if there's anything you think needs fixing.

Firstly, replies:
MattB - yeah, I'm hoping that's not too hard. I think I can texture them all in sections, if I have to do them one by one, well, I won't probably  :D
Girafe, Vizoria, JP - Thanks  ;D
Noah - Thankyou! My middle name is procrastination by the way  ;)
CP - Yes, very sensible suggestion. Thanks!

Here's the night lights for the Chrysler Building:

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Gugu3

c.p.

WOW! That's going to be the centerpiece of a lot of cities' skylines I'm sure. &apls

JP Schriefer

Why you're so amazing? *-*
I can't wait to replace all ugly Maxis Chrysler Buildings from my cities :D

noahclem

One of the most drool-inducing sets of pictures I've ever seen: D  You've really done a great job here.

TheTeaCat

Quote from: noahclem on December 19, 2015, 11:58:25 AM
One of the most drool-inducing sets of pictures I've ever seen: D  You've really done a great job here.

Says it all really!! Nothing more to add :thumbsup:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

sunv123

Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

manga rivotra

We are accustomed to perfection with your work, but this time it is much more than perfect !  &apls &apls &apls