• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Requesting Help

Started by Alex2602, July 20, 2008, 12:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex2602

I am new here, and I think this is the right place to post this. This site is very big and confusing to me, and I have a few questions.
1. Is any of chrisadams's rural renewal project up for download?
2. What are the draggable paths I've heard of? I've seen people use them, but can't find them myself.
3. I have the SAM and all listed dependencies, but 2 or 3 texture options show up as multi-colored splotches, how do I fix this?
4. Again with the SAM. When using the gravel roads texture, the end piece will not show up, leaving blank terrain, and it will turn invisible if I make a diagonal street. How do I fix this?

Again, I hope I have posted this in the right placeand that someone can help me.
Thanks!

Jmouse

Hi Alex2602, and welcome to SC4D.

You can find Chris' RRP DLs here.

I'm afraid I'm no expert on SAM, but I'll find someone who can help you - just give me a bit of time.

Later...
Joan

jplumbley

Quote from: Alex2602 on July 20, 2008, 12:15:30 PM
2. What are the draggable paths I've heard of? I've seen people use them, but can't find them myself.
3. I have the SAM and all listed dependencies, but 2 or 3 texture options show up as multi-colored splotches, how do I fix this?
4. Again with the SAM. When using the gravel roads texture, the end piece will not show up, leaving blank terrain, and it will turn invisible if I make a diagonal street. How do I fix this?

2.  Draggable Paths have not been released as of yet.

3.  The Multi-colored splotches indicated that you are missing a texture set.  If you do not have all texture sets installed the ones you dont have installed will have this error.  It is nothing fatal to the game or the mod.

4.  An invisible texture means that the texture was not installed.  This texture for the Diagonal Gravel End Piece was missed when the project was released.  It will be fixed for the next version of SAM.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Albus of Garaway

Alex,

I think I'll make a small correction in Jplumbley's statement above: Draggable paths are available through the Rural Renewal Project (RRP).

As for your problems with the SAM, I'm afraid I can be of no help there. Best of luck to you, though.

Albus :)

Alex2602

Thanls for the help! I've determined through the process of elimination that the only texture I am still missing is PEG's dirt roads.  I would really like to use those for my rural region, but I don't know where to get the textures to make them work.  &mmm

Diggis

The textures are part of the SAM download.  Might pay to redownload it and have a look. ;)