• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Graphics Problem

Started by Dark_Jedi06, August 26, 2008, 05:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark_Jedi06

Hello everyone! :thumbsup:

I recently got a new, custom built computer at a considerable expense. My first thought was of being able to play SC4 problem free, something I've longed for for quite awhile, what with crashes, disappearing cities, etc. However, as I've begun building I've noticed a strange graphics bug that would greatly effect any presentation value. The problem looks like this:

Essentially trains, cars and other automata get cut off and disappear, then reappear shortly after, leaving a "cut" in the screen. As you can imagine, it's ugly and annoying. :'(

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition with an NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS graphics card and an Intel Quad Core processor at 2.40 GHz. I'm also running the game in 1440x900 for my wide screen monitor.

I tried removing my plugins but that didn't yield any results.

Any help?  ()what()
...this space to be filled soon...

CasperVg

Have you tried running the game in one of the default screen-settings? (800x600 for example) Perhaps upgrading your graphic drivers might help aswell
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Pat

Brand new computer dont mean to much in the aspect of a 5 year old game except was it custom built or did you get it brand new out of the box? if custom built then that could be a hugh possiblity there Dark_jedi that you might have to see if there is a online upgrade avaible for your NVIDIA, it would be a simply free fix at that too... also are you running software setting or hardware, if hardware try software setting...  one last thing I can think of is have you gotten the updates from Sim City main site at all per chance?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

trooper343

If you have A.A. turned on in your graphics card setting just put it back to "let application choose" which essentially turns off A.A. in SimCity4.  I have two 8800GTX in SLI and they do the same thing when A.A. is on.

Dark_Jedi06

Thank you for the ideas everyone, however trooper hit the nail on the head. ;D I configured my graphics card to let the application decide on anti aliasing quality and the problem disappeared. :satisfied:

Once again, thank you all for your help. :thumbsup:
...this space to be filled soon...