• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM May 2010 Release

Started by Tarkus, May 09, 2010, 01:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javascap

Some issues right off the bat... So many I am wishing I had NOT installed the new one.

1. Intersection string number missing for EVERY road addon. Nothing in that entire file works in any measure, and I have installed and uninstalled it too many times to count.
2. 1 lane elevated highway now crashes to desktop (That sure is new!).
3. Highway connection causes a crash whenever placed.
4. Red arrows abound with the RHW, the only thing I can place are the pieces I already had.
5. As a matter of fact, nothing new was added, save for screwed up red arrows, more icons (with nothing but red arrows) and crashes.

Applause revoked, crap product I regret installing. I am going to try uninstalling EVERYTHING AGAIN and reinstalling it. If it is STILL screwed up, I am going to go back to the previous version, frustrated I wasted my time on a load of tripe. If you are going to tease us for weeks about an impending transit addon, MAKE SURE IT WORKS. Thank you. :angrymore:

canyonjumper

Awesome! Thanks alot to the NAM Team and everyone else who worked on this extensive project.

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: Javascap on May 09, 2010, 07:52:58 PM
Some issues right off the bat... So many I am wishing I had NOT installed the new one.

1. Intersection string number missing for EVERY road addon. Nothing in that entire file works in any measure, and I have installed and uninstalled it too many times to count.
2. 1 lane elevated highway now crashes to desktop (That sure is new!).
3. Highway connection causes a crash whenever placed.
4. Red arrows abound with the RHW, the only thing I can place are the pieces I already had.
5. As a matter of fact, nothing new was added, save for screwed up red arrows, more icons (with nothing but red arrows) and crashes.

Applause revoked, crap product I regret installing. I am going to try uninstalling EVERYTHING AGAIN and reinstalling it. If it is STILL screwed up, I am going to go back to the previous version, frustrated I wasted my time on a load of tripe. If you are going to tease us for weeks about an impending transit addon, MAKE SURE IT WORKS. Thank you. :angrymore:

Did you read the manual?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Javascap

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on May 09, 2010, 08:06:07 PM
Did you read the manual?

RTFM is very important, and the first thing I did. I went into my plugins, and uninstalled everything relevant to rural highway and NAM. I then installed the 2010 version of all three releases. I am still having the issues outlined. (I noticed the support thread, I will bring this issue there)

Tarkus

Quote from: Javascap on May 09, 2010, 08:32:14 PM
RTFM is very important, and the first thing I did. I went into my plugins, and uninstalled everything relevant to rural highway and NAM. I then installed the 2010 version of all three releases. I am still having the issues outlined. (I noticed the support thread, I will bring this issue there)

All the issues you described are consistent with having a conflicting, outdated RUL-bound transit mod somewhere in your Plugins, possibly pieces of an old NAM release (perhaps a DatPacked one), or old transit bugfixes.  Try a completely clean Plugins folder and then install the new versions into that.  Additionally, check the NAM FAQ Item #1 which specifically deals with "red arrow bugs".

-Alex

MAS71

&apls A BIG THANKS for a new-NAM and your big effort, NAM-Team !!  &apls
I'll enjoy to play SC4 with latest NAM tonight !!  ;)
I cnat wait for a time.... ;D

Thank you always, NAM Team.  :)

Toichus Maximus

Thanks so much to the entire NAM team! You guys are always moving the game forward.
Cheers!
Matt

Christianicus

Many thanks, again.  You folks are to be  &apls'd.  Excellent work.

rsdworker

very good - i liked the NAM - i used the older version -  &apls

citymax

Awesome work !!! Well done  &apls &apls &apls

Myself.or.?

Absolutely amazing. Thanks a lot to the whole Team!!!
The new SimCity4 Multiplayer. Interactive and in Multicolor.

http://www.simcitymultiplayer.com/forum.php
Join the Game NOW. Become a part of the Future.

catty

Thank you NAM Team for all your hard work   &apls 
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Rady

1. I haven't looked into it into detail, but i know it's brilliant!!! Thanks for your work and spending tons of your spare time for that addon. ()flower()

2. It looks like this kinda changes this weeks time shedule ....  (*off rearranging calendar and cancelling appointments*)
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

MandelSoft

We've let you wait for a long time for a new release, but what did you get? Some awesome NAM, RHW and NWM stuff! As I always say, patience will finally be rewarded  ;) So let the fun begin!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

newsimaddict

Study...play...study...play...work...play...stud...nah, installing as I write. Play wins!

Thanks to everyone who worked on these new downloaded gems. Imagine all the great pics we're going to see shortly in cj's!

noahclem

You guys rock!!  &apls
Finally, after 14 months of waiting (mostly) patiently I can....wait another week to check out the new RHW and associated expansions when I get a day with less than 12 hours of work. Can't wait!!!

SeanSC4

I played with this a bunch last night and find myself still processing all the new goodies in 4.0!

SeanSC4

Quick issue I think.

Are we missing one puzzle piece for the rail viaduct tab ring?

Diagonal Railway over Blank Terrain

There is no apparent way to make a full 90 degree turn using the new large-radius 45 degree viaduct curves unless you use one of the included Diagonal Rail over Ped Mall, GLR etc puzzle pieces.

WC_EEND

Thank you to everyone who helped make this happen.
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project