• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

3D Model of the Cathedral of Majorca

Started by jeronij, November 08, 2012, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeronij

Hello to all,

Lately I have been modelling a quite interesting and challenging building which is the Cathedral of Majorca. The purpose of the model is not for SC4...  &mmm ... but it could be rendered for the game as well  ;D

I am updating some short animations in my Youtube channel, where I show different phases of the development. I hope some of you may find it interesting  :thumbsup:

Here's the link to the Channel:  http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp4NGroPBqGE5fiFfhRDRkw?feature=mhee

Hope you enjoy it ¡¡  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Swordmaster

Great project, Jeroni. I remember visiting this back in the 90s when I was a kid. It's really as imposing a building as it looks on camera.

Good luck!

Cheers
Willy

catty

Quote from: jeronij on November 08, 2012, 07:39:37 AM
...Hope you enjoy it ¡¡  ;)

Oh I definitely did, I still remember the inside of that Cathedral that you did ....   :thumbsup:

Cathy
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

threestooges

Beautiful work Jeroni! It has the makings of a set piece for a movie or video game that you'd see in a WIP shot. If it's not intended for SC4, what is it being made for? I'd say an SC4 rendering would be a great addition as well if you are willing when it's done.
-Matt

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

jeronij

Hello again¡¡. I am glad you like the model :D ¡¡  Matt, the idea behind it is to make some historical video sequences for different purposes, mainly educational and historical reconstruction. So I have made it like some sort of Lego to be able to play with it the way I need it ;)  I'll publish some more videos in the incom¡ng days, so if you like the idea and want to see it finished, just suscribe to the channel ;) ¡¡
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

DebussyMan

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

jeronij

Muchas gracias, y mas viniendo de un "pro" como tu¡¡ ;)

Here is a picture of the model at a good stage of development:

Click the image for a higher resolution version, or CLICK HERE for and ultrahigh resolution version (10MB)

And here is a picture of some of the work I am currently doing in one of the main entrances:

Hope you like it  ;D ¡¡

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

art128

If this could be bring to the game, I would award it the " BAT of the century " award... ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

DebussyMan

Genial, genial, genial. Qué nivel de detalle!

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

rooker1

Call me Robin, please.

Girafe

Amazing job Jeronij, never though you were so talentuous with modeling :)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

sunv123

Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

mave94

jeronij

Hello to all ¡¡

Wow, glad to find so good feedback  ;D ¡¡ thanks for your kind comments all. The true is that I have been working a whole year in this project, and I guess that this made my modelling skills go better than before...  ::) ...it is a pitty that all this detail can never be seen in a SC4 model... but I am having a really great time trying to find some limits  ::)  ;)

Here is another picture of the entrance I am currently working with... I dont think anyone will never realize the amount of work behind this picture, but I feel really good when I see the progress  ()stsfd()

Hope you like it¡¡

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

catty

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

sunv123

Wait... is that a real picture, or just a model? ()what()

great model!
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.