• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Every time I open this thread I see something awesome!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

metasmurf

choco

jmvl

That looks great, Tarkus! It's a great addition for the RHW Mod. :thumbsup:
In The Netherlands we've also that kind of turning lanes at main highway (this is a English translation of "Autoweg" by Rijkswaterstaat) and motorway exits, like this motorway exit (don't worry about the traffic lights). But we also have exits like the 'normal' MIS x Road crossings, like this main highway exit.
Will it possible to 'chose' between the 'normal' MIS x Road crossing and the '2-lane' MIS x Road crossing?

By the way, I still haven't my IID's and IntersectionInfo ID's for my Puzzle Piece. I'm looking forward to them, so I can finish my Puzzle Piece. I'm also looking forward to the new textures for it, which you and burgsabre87 are creating. I hope they will be ready soon, so that I can finish my Puzzle Piece. But don't hurry. Maybe it's a good idea to let me (by Personal Messages) know about any process. Thanks in the advance.

LE0

A suggestion" For the one where turn lanes MIS ends at road

Quote from: Tarkus on March 25, 2009, 11:19:05 PM

to center the turn lanes in the middle of the tile?

otherwise good ;)
Leoland coming Spring 2009

Tarkus

LE0, there's a very specific reason it's offset and not centered.  If you look at the +-Intersection and compare it to the T-Intersection, you'll notice they're set up the same, except the MIS extends through with the +-Intersection.  It basically has to be set up that way.

And jmvl, to answer your question, the non-turn lane and turn lane versions do in fact co-exist.  The turn lanes are an optional draggable setup, similar type of deal to what I did with the RHW-2 turn lanes, except that I was able to work it out to allow variable length due to the structure of the MIS network.

-Alex

nerdly_dood

I thought you said there'd be no teasers! :D

Absolutely beautiful!
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Patricius Maximus

QuoteI thought you said there'd be no teasers!

Guess he couldn't resist  $%Grinno$%. Great turn lanes. I'll look forward to using them.

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

darraghf

Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

metarvo

This is almost like a NWM for the RHW.  Good going, Alex!  :thumbsup:  By the way, am I the only one who noticed that RHW 3.2 includes the RHW-8 turns that were reported missing before?  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Ryan B.

I'll have a special surprise for those turn lanes in two weeks or so, when I get my laptop back.  ;)

Oh, who am I kidding - I can't stand to hold onto secrets.

Coming soon to the MIS turn lanes:

Advance turn lane signage.  Example below:

EDIT:  A familiar place to make a milestone post.  500 - right here!

Haljackey

Quote from: Tarkus on March 25, 2009, 11:19:05 PM
More turn lane-age . . .

One thing I would suggest is to put the turn lane markings on every/every other tile, not just the last one.  Would it also be possible to include a white dashed line where the ramp widens smiliar to RHW exits or turn lanes for streets?  Just my thoughts.

I'm liking what I see here.  All the best with this Alex!
-Haljackey

j-dub

I think this would be a great idea too, if its possible. Don't know how you got the turning arrows implemented since these turn lanes are variable length. Is this considered a double override then?

Concept Art ONLY

Not Finalized

What Hal said about the dashed lines before becoming solid I have seen in my city. In other cases they don't have the road even marked, and just use signs. Then again, at least the turn lanes function.

Blue Lightning

Haljackey, J-Dub: Well, that might be possible with some Override RULing, but be more complex. Or, you could go with a T21.
Alex, I love the turn lanes! :thumbsup:

Just my thoughts,
Vince
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

zilfondel

So, I can't get road overpasses over angled 2-lane RHW's to work properly.  The plops for the road overpass won't properly align to the angled RHW-2 (it instead aligns properly for RHW-4) and you can't drag the RHW-2 into the overpass and have it connect.

Newly installed game, March version of NAM, latest RHW, etc.  No conflicts or outdated transit mods.

Dino007

Quote from: zilfondel on March 27, 2009, 10:15:46 PM

So, I can't get road overpasses over angled 2-lane RHW's to work properly.  The plops for the road overpass won't properly align to the angled RHW-2 (it instead aligns properly for RHW-4) and you can't drag the RHW-2 into the overpass and have it connect.

Newly installed game, March version of NAM, latest RHW, etc.  No conflicts or outdated transit mods.
First you have to drag RHW and then plop overpass.
TIGR

Tarkus

Haljackey, nice suggestion, but implementation, at least from a draggable standpoint, would be sketchy on having arrows farther out from the intersection.  The way it's currently set up, the intersection type defines the arrows that appear, and that tile is relatively reliably RULed, and the reliability would degrade the farther out you go.  I do have a possible "workaround" idea, though. ;)

-Alex

zilfondel

Quote from: Dino007 on March 27, 2009, 11:46:23 PM
First you have to drag RHW and then plop overpass.

You can't plop that kind of overpass for a road over RHW-2 (diagonal).  I tried, and it didn't work.  It won't let you rotate the correct angle piece.

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: zilfondel on March 28, 2009, 02:00:39 AM
You can't plop that kind of overpass for a road over RHW-2 (diagonal).  I tried, and it didn't work.  It won't let you rotate the correct angle piece.
Perhaps that's because the required puzzle piece rotation hasn't been made yet. IIRC, the only road-over-diagonal RHW puzzle piece that exists is road-over-RHW-4, but I could be wrong; I'm not at my computer that has all my SC4 stuff on it right now.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8