• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtg

I know, I mean double elevated so we can build MIS over MIS over RHW4. So we can build something like this!

darraghf

mtg: That would be awfully hard to do. I don't even know if it is possible. t's unlikely that you'll see something like this in SC4.
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

choco

a double MIS is possible....but not likely anytime soon. 

doesn't anyone wanna be surprised by the next release?   &mmm

mtg

Quotedoesn't anyone wanna be surprised by the next release?   Mmmm

haha, it's just everybody is so full of ideas, but almost nobody knows how to mod them self (including me :'()
wish there was a good tutorial on that......

metasmurf

Another thing that would be awesome is MIS splitters so we can do something like this (maybe not as extreme)

WC_EEND

Quote from: choco on June 10, 2009, 01:11:21 PM

doesn't anyone wanna be surprised by the next release?   &mmm

I do, I like surprises
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

aaaling

Quote from: choco on June 10, 2009, 01:11:21 PM

Originally posted by: choco:

doesn't anyone wanna be surprised by the next release?   &mmm

I don't!

j-dub

Metasmurf, that is so curved beyond belief to game limitations, but I think a not so curved version, but similar straighter, yet still curve-able version of the picture you showed is possible to replicate the concept with the current RHW. The MIS can split up already in 2 ways. The regular MIS doesn't have a splitting piece, but Tarkus' design for splitting the MIS without a lane before the turn off, involved straight segments, with one direction angling off on an angle. That way it can easily be drawn. I prefer having the extra lane to turn off before hand though. Avenue Roundabouts would have to be used on the right though.

Need4Camaro

I was just wondering for the RHW "Loop Connectors" for RHW4,6,and 8 - Would it be possible to build it so that even when you put the intersections through the RHW, when it detects that conditional intersection, it will retain the default texture?

Tarkus

Need4Camaro, unfortunately, there's not a way to set the RULs up to detect whether or not a transit tile is next to a Neighbor Connection.  If something like that were to be implemented, it'd end up having implications for those intersections even when they're not being used as Loop Connectors.

I do, however, have some good news.  I've effectively managed to create a series of puzzle pieces that allow for full functionality, but hide the Loop Connector and disguise the "Nicole Richie Effect".  They will be included in RHW Release 4.  In my testing thus far, they've proven extremely effective and they are very easy to use.

-Alex

mike3775

Quote from: Tarkus on June 12, 2009, 12:45:30 PM
I do, however, have some good news.  I've effectively managed to create a series of puzzle pieces that allow for full functionality, but hide the Loop Connector and disguise the "Nicole Richie Effect".  They will be included in RHW Release 4.  In my testing thus far, they've proven extremely effective and they are very easy to use.

-Alex

Now that is great news

KoV Liberty

No. That is EXTREMELY GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate the loop connector looks but now we can get rid of them! (sort of)   &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

BigSlark

Quote from: Tarkus on June 12, 2009, 12:45:30 PM
"Nicole Richie Effect".

I'm excited to hear about the new puzzle pieces, but what the heck is this "Nicole Ritchie Effect" that you're talking about?

Cheers,
Kevin

SimNation

I have been hoping to hear something like this for a long time  ;D Great to see you were able to get it off the ground and working no less.

Tarkus

The "Nicole Richie Effect" (NRE, for those acronymically-inclined) is a mildly amusing side-effect of the Loop Connector method of building Neighbor Connections.  Here it is in action:

As you can see, one of the vehicles is on the wrong side of the freeway--just like Nicole Richie on California State Route 134 a couple years ago.

-Alex

WC_EEND

RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

KoV Liberty

OFF TOPIC ALERT! Ok maybe not so off topic but doesnt anyone notice that the RHW thread picture thing is an X at the top of the page?

Adrian, I miss you man.

j-dub

Uh, no. I haven't seen an x, now that you mention it, where did the RHW graphic go? but if it turns out someone is changing their graphic design again...

Tarkus

Quote from: j-dub on June 14, 2009, 07:39:49 PM
but if it turns out someone is changing their graphic design again...

I'm not.  Imageshack is just being silly for some reason.

-Alex

KoV Liberty

Oh. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.  ;D Its fixed.

Adrian, I miss you man.