• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

ivo_su

A little funny to surprise someone with a gift when he told him his previously that there is a surprise - a gift for him but he just knows what a gift. My issues as is that when you expect something in many of the case gets over something like  anticipation  and then there's  disappointment.
But you know you and decide what to do and when to show us.
I want you just to be alive, healthy and very happy
and never to abandon SC4
Deep bow NAM

Ivo

jdenm8

Well. The last two surprises (DRI and FlexSPUI) weren't announced at all and were very well-received.

The only real difference here is that I mad mistakenly brought this one up.

Trust me, this is doing something we thought wasn't before possible.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

io_bg

Sounds great... all that info you RHW guys post makes me think the new release is coming soon ;) :D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

ivo_su

Hahaha calm my brother certainly leaves little  time to onset of the new NAM, RHW, NWM and TuLEPS - bet my head that will be ready before the end of 2011.  :D :D :D :D

Nego

Well it's not a secret to me anymore as I've figured it out after some investigation. &idea Although I'm not yet sure exactly how it works (besides what network it uses), it's 1000% awesome! Great job! &apls Can't wait to see what else you guys have up your sleeves. :thumbsup:

metarvo

SecretNetwork?  Most intriguing.  I'm trying to think about what network type it might get used for.  We have Streets, Roads, Avenues, MHW, and RHW, not to mention all of the NWM networks.  For that matter, we have dirt roads now as well when you factor SAM into this.  Since Alex says that it isn't RHW-based, this means a whole new realm of possibility may have been opened, possibly separate from the RHW.  I'm just speculating, though; I don't expect anyone to reveal any secrets just yet.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: metarvo on May 28, 2011, 06:33:42 AM
SecretNetwork?  Most intriguing.  I'm trying to think about what network type it might get used for.  We have Streets, Roads, Avenues, MHW, and RHW, not to mention all of the NWM networks.  For that matter, we have dirt roads now as well when you factor SAM into this.  Since Alex says that it isn't RHW-based, this means a whole new realm of possibility may have been opened, possibly separate from the RHW.

Don't forget OWRs, and also don't forget that the NWM networks are derived from OWRs and Road (MAVE-2), and that the SAM networks are Street-derived.

I think we all have some personal speculations of what this network could be... It's RHW-styled, not RHW-based, and made of solid AWESOME. (This is the part where I would show the AwesomeFace, but I haven't got the time to find it.) What could it be...? ::)

I guess the true surprise is how it works, not the network itself. :P Unless you thought the network was something different... Well, we won't know for sure until Alex finally reveals that card from his sleeve...
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Opkl

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on May 28, 2011, 07:46:09 AM
Don't forget OWRs, and also don't forget that the NWM networks are derived from OWRs and Road (MAVE-2), and that the SAM networks are Street-derived.

I think we all have some personal speculations of what this network could be... It's RHW-styled, not RHW-based, and made of solid AWESOME. (This is the part where I would show the AwesomeFace, but I haven't got the time to find it.) What could it be...? ::)

I guess the true surprise is how it works, not the network itself. :P Unless you thought the network was something different... Well, we won't know for sure until Alex finally reveals that card from his sleeve...

Thanks GDO29Anagram! Just from your post I think I've found out the secret network.  &idea If I am correct, Tarkus posted pictures of it long long long ago in an old thread. Finally, no more underscale... :o

Dexter

Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

Opkl

Exla357

JoeST

I thought UHW was just a retexturing (and pathing) of the Maxis highway (MHW)
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

io_bg

Quote from: Dexter on May 28, 2011, 08:46:49 AMCould it be???   ;D
I read it is something they thought to be impossible... And a retexture mod like this is surely possible ;) I doubt it's this.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

jgehrts

I have a feeling Tarkus, et. al get great amusement out of seeing the speculation and begging for more information.

Anybody who's followed NAM development for a long time knows that they like teasing with vague comments, but they always deliver on the excitement.

MandelSoft

May we remind you of an old quote of ours: "Teasing is pleasing!"  ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

metarvo

Now, how did I forget OWRs?  ::)  GDO29Anagram, you forgot to mention that the water pipes and even those power lines ( ()stsfd() ) are in fact networks as well.  They merely transport water or electricity rather than pedestrians and vehicles.  I guess this has nothing to do with either of those, though, considering that it's an entirely different network altogether.  If SecretNetwork becomes the new RHW, though, then I wonder what will become of the current one which was itself once another network, DirtRoad/ANT.  Then again, maybe SecretNetwork will only become a new RHW.  These are the kinds of things that keep me up at night, you know.  $%Grinno$% 

Anyway, I want to thank all of you NAMites for your hard unpaid work.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Nego

Or it could be a modification to an already existing network like SAM or HSR are. For example, the new network could be a modification of the rail network since it (might) have a high capacity, unlike road or street, and is only one tile, unlike AVE or Maxis HWY. Also, besides STR, it doesn't really have any major mods associated with it (to my knowledge), so there wouldn't be any confections. Either way, I can't wait to try it out! :D

Edit: And by the way, I found a very interesting edit on the SC4D Wiki about DDRHWs if anyone want's to look for it.

Tarkus

The little Wiki blurb mentioning Double-Deckers actually been there in some form since July 2008 . . . before RHW Version 3.0 was even released.  The Wiki article hasn't been updated since December 2010, while SecretNetwork didn't start development until the end of January 2011.

-Alex

Nego

Quote from: Nego on May 28, 2011, 07:16:33 PM
Edit: And by the way, I found a very interesting edit on the SC4D Wiki about DDRHWs if anyone want's to look for it.
Quote from: Tarkus on May 28, 2011, 07:58:33 PM
The little Wiki blurb mentioning Double-Deckers actually been there in some form since July 2008 . . . before RHW Version 3.0 was even released.  The Wiki article hasn't been updated since December 2010, while SecretNetwork didn't start development until the end of January 2011.

-Alex

I see. Then forget that I ever mentioned it. :P I'm still going for DDRHWs sometime in the future. :)