• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patricius Maximus

For most of us RHW fans March 2013 in the world of Simcity will see us exploring the new features of Project 57 and the Multi-Height System. During February I'm going to occupy myself with exploring the limits of the current version. This system of collector/distributor roads demonstrates what's possible with RHW 5.0. The current feature set is quite limited compared to what's coming in less than a month, and if we can build junctions like this with the current version, I wonder what will be possible in the next version...

Kitsune

Just one question... Are the wider bridges going to be included in the next release ?
~ NAM Team Member

sunv123

I'm not a NAM member, but I'm fairly sure that 6s and (maybe) 8s bridges are going to be released.
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

TheAttendee

I have a feeling that a few weeks after NAM 31 comes out, we'll all be looking back at our old RHW intersections and go "What was I thinking?". I can't wait to see how drasticaly different the RHW interchange guides are going to be.

sunv123

Oh, be sure to watch that thread......... ;)

chosenreject

Quote from: TheAttendee on February 02, 2013, 01:28:06 PM
I have a feeling that a few weeks after NAM 31 comes out, we'll all be looking back at our old RHW intersections and go "What was I thinking?". I can't wait to see how drasticaly different the RHW interchange guides are going to be.

oh yes i have big plans in my region. one of the interchanges i am planning on will be pretty unique to solve the problem that i currently have with my beltway/expressway joining with a major highway in my commercial district. i never posted pics on here but i will be sure to provide some when i start my projects in march.   :)

Wiimeiser

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on February 02, 2013, 05:11:44 AM
WOW! I'm just drooling now! But I just want to see this in NAM 31:

Yes, this is the one from the Haljackey Archive thread, but I hope to see this stuff in NAM 31. It's more space saving than having to lane shift the RHW!
Just make inside narrow exit lanes and the problem solves itself.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

GDO29Anagram

Hate to be the icebreaker, but there's six more weeks of winter four more weeks until NAM 31 gets released. It means we're nearing the point where we have to stop all development (called a Feature Freeze) and focus on getting NAM 31 prepared for release.

Whatever you might to have added, at this point, it probably won't be.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

AngryBirdsFan436

Quote from: Wiimeiser on February 02, 2013, 04:12:17 PM
Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on February 02, 2013, 05:11:44 AM
WOW! I'm just drooling now! But I just want to see this in NAM 31:

Yes, this is the one from the Haljackey Archive thread, but I hope to see this stuff in NAM 31. It's more space saving than having to lane shift the RHW!
Just make inside narrow exit lanes and the problem solves itself.

Yes, but I need to lane shift the C/D to one tile. That piece is efficient for C/D because it's more space saving!
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

Wiimeiser

No, I meant the overplop pieces plopped over the DRI ones. If inside versions were made you probably wouldn't even need such a limited piece, it would be more modular.

sunv123

Then you'll just have to wait until NAM 32 or whatever comes out next. Just wait and it might come. ;)

AngryBirdsFan436

Anyway will an RHW-6S plain bridge be included by default in NAM 31?
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

epicblunder

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on February 04, 2013, 03:45:27 AM
Anyway will an RHW-6S plain bridge be included by default in NAM 31?

asked that question about 40 29 pages ago and the answer was yes....

edithttp://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=990.msg433932#msg433932

GDO29Anagram

It's simply RUL-2 (or RUL-1) trickery here, nothing too too special.

Why stop there, what about a MIS connection? There's plenty of leeway...
<INACTIVE>
-----

MandelSoft

Awesome! We were missing that functionality ;)

And while you're on it, is it feasable to make it compatible for the RD-4 and 6 and TLA-5 to connect to the AVE-4 roundabout?
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: MandelSoft on February 06, 2013, 01:17:51 AM
And while you're on it, is it feasable to make it compatible for the RD-4 and 6 and TLA-5 to connect to the AVE-4 roundabout?

Though it'd just as easy to use the proper to-AVE transition, there's also a clever trick that can be used using TIA and GLR, though that only kinda sorta works with the TLA-5.

-----

Also (and before anypony else asks), there's a bit of prevent code in the NWM (why are we talking NWM now?) that keeps a "half-crossing" with AVE and TLA-5, RD-4, and RD-6(?) (and chances are, anything with more than three lanes) from being drawn by preventing a Road half-crossing with AVE to come in contact with a TLA-5/RD-4/RD-6 override.

And because of a funny thing called INRULs, the tiles you connect an AVE to an AVE roundabout are actually (technically) orthogonal AVE, just not in a recognisable form. This also makes the AVE RA Flex piece number 0, with the Diagonal Street Helpers as Flex Piece number -1 (assuming we keep regarding the FlexFly as the first Flex item, even though there were two that predate it).

Long story short, remove the small bit of prevent code (if it can be found) and you can make a TLA-5 connect to a Roundabout. I kinda knew this issue already, and that's the problem: Finding the bit prevent code in a big block of code that's planned to be redone in the coming years, especially when I had already proposed for a similar treatment (which I had tested and lost) to be done with the OWR RAs connecting to TLA-3, AVE-2, and OWR-1.

Unless you wanna go down the RaBET hole, which for the record, nearly none of us are ready for... :P
<INACTIVE>
-----

Wiimeiser

RaBETs for sure. It'll give NAM 33 a focus.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Wiimeiser on February 06, 2013, 04:18:42 AM
RaBETs for sure. It'll give NAM 33 a focus.

I don't think so. Planning that far ahead will never go as planned.
<INACTIVE>
-----