• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Metasmurf's showcase

Started by metasmurf, December 14, 2006, 10:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metasmurf

Here's the thread where I will share my work, only at sc4devotion  :thumbsup:. I'm trying to go for some sort of realism, well eventually we'll see where it goes lol.

I haven't named my cities or anything, but this is the first update of city #1 in my small region :)

A few suburban pictures.

I love marrast trainstations, very basic and realistic.

Interchange to the "highway" wich really is an in game avenue, but the ingame highways doesn't look to good imo.

On the other side of the rail lines, there's a lowrise low-wealth area

I'm somewhat obsessed getting traffic on both directions, it looks much more realistic.

Simgoober shopping center

And some industrial...

Semi-overview

That's it for now. Feel free to comment :P

Alfred.Jones

That is fantastic Metasmurf. Very realistic :thumbsup: I really like how the bike path weaves through. Keep it up

Sim City 4 Devotion

emilin

Congratulations! That looks really, really good! I love the railbridge, and the cycleways are used in an excellent manor.

If I were you I would have blocked out the Maxis hightech industry (that blue building looks like a car engine condensor) but that's the only thing want out. The rest is amazing!

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

metasmurf

Quote from: emilin on December 15, 2006, 01:34:13 AM
If I were you I would have blocked out the Maxis hightech industry (that blue building looks like a car engine condensor) but that's the only thing want out. The rest is amazing!

Yeah i noticed that aswell, so I have allready fixed it and re-made that part of the industrial area using custom buildings :)

jacqulina

this is awesome work very nicely put together &apls  :thumbsup:

jeronij

Hi metasmurf,

Great start  :thumbsup: . I can see you have a very good vision about how real city looks like, and you can put it in the game quite easily. The layout in all the pictures is excellent indeed  ;) . Of course there are some random details that could be improved, but that is just a matter of working a little more with the area. Nothing important.

This is a good way to follow when you build your cities. As a tip, I have been playing about two weeks to complete the small farming area you can see in Gran Canyon, and every minute spent there was really worth it. Time does not matter when you are building in SC4  ::)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

bat

TheTeaCat

Wow wonderful start you have made :thumbsup:

Your use of cycleways is great and its good to hear that you fixed the blue building ;D

kettle's on for you!
:satisfied:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

beskhu3epnm

just checked this exclusive content out now, and I must say that it is very impressive. It's clear to me that if you and I were to have a SC4 buildoff competition, you would absolutely kill me!!

I like the railway in the one image travelling over the roadway. You have spent some quality time building this city up!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

sebes

Hej Metasmurf, your residential areas are awesome.   :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

metasmurf

Thanks for all the comments  :thumbsup:

As promised, i fixed the industrial area, so here's the new version.

I also did a small city center, with an old town style approach inspired by things seen IRL.

The city center is surrounded by pretty dense housing wich still has a suburban feel to it.

Overview:

That's it for now. Keep the comments/suggestions coming :)

Alfred.Jones

Very nice Metasmurf :thumbsup: Very nice rail station and industrial area. The small city centre looks great with those buildings and the suburbs look fantastic. Keep it up mate ;)

Sim City 4 Devotion

jeronij

Hi metasmurf,

very nice pics again. I agree, the new improved industrial area is looking much better now  :thumbsup: . In fact, the whole area looks better now...maybe because of the trees...

Anyway, the last pic shows the excellent city layout, very realistic  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

TheTeaCat

metasmurf

fantatsic job you've done rectifying the industrial area. Nice layout and great pics - what more can I say :thumbsup:

kettle's boiling

:satisfied:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

bat

Fantastic new work, metasmurf!

Rayden

Very nice indeed. 4 and 5 are my favourites :)

jacqulina

emilin

&apls

The industrial area looks much better. The towncenter is also very good, and that small lake in the middle is really spot on.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Owen Luby

Wow, Metasmurf! I love this!
The railways are especially good because you curve them creaqtively and you use the mod by NOB. I love the feel of the city too.
Very good application of custom content aswell, I enjoyed seeing all the different styled homes and shops etc.
I also luurrvvee the avenue highway but I have one suggestion: To make it even more realistic, download the no one way road arrows mod from Simtrop and create highways using one ways to make a sort of median strip in the middle. You could chop and change from avenue to one way roads to create a very cool effect!

Good job! &hlp
I want SC4 back!!

metasmurf

Owen Luby: thanks for the suggestions i'll look into that

thanks everyone else for your comments  :thumbsup:

This update will finish city #1

I like these apartments, they remind me of some i've seen IRL

Anolther set of apartments...

Suburb with some multi-family homes

More suburbs..

Here in sweden, smaller apartment buildings is sometimes mixed with regular suburbian housing, so i made this

A commercial-retail/industrial area, also tried to re-create some things from IRL here

Semi-overviews.

Final overview

That's it for now, im off for holidays so no updates until after christmas! cya