• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

blade2k5's Real World+Fantasy Maps

Started by blade2k5, April 02, 2008, 02:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which China Maps Would You Like To See Released

Fuzhou
Ningdai
Shantou
Zhao'an North

blade2k5

Quote from: seminole_fan93 on October 26, 2010, 03:54:56 PM
I can agree! the Fort Walton Beach map is amazing!  ;D

Glad you like it.  By the way, you can download it here.... :thumbsup:
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=25146

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

blade2k5

Bora Bora, Neah Bay Washington, Ft Myers & Ft. Walton Beach Florida are now available on the LEX.  Enjoy. :thumbsup:

I am currently working on the Philippines island requested a few weeks back plus some other requests I've gotten from ST including Ft. Lauderdale Florida [completed], Kota Kinabalu in south-east Asia and the Izmir Province Turkey.  Updates to follow soon.

dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

blade2k5

Quote from: boom_box on October 06, 2010, 02:27:18 AM
Hi blade..

Any chances of replicate the Mindanao Island of Philippines.. It might big toooooooo big for the SC4 but I would accept some selected areas of your choice.

Here is what I've got from Mindanao Island for you, a total of 8 selected areas....

Lost the image with the list, but three of the eight maps turned out well [the other five didn't fare so well, so I scrapped them] and those three are available on the STEX as a Philippines map pak.

blade2k5

A couple of years ago I was working on some maps of Greece, but because of the crappy 3 arc DEM data available at the time, those maps turned out lousy, so I scrapped that project.  Recently though, now that there is 1 arc data available to use for anywhere outside of the States, I've restarted that project and have the first four maps of Greece to showcase here.

Athens:

Mt. Olympus Region:

Patrai:

Volos:

These will be available for download later today over on the STEX with a release date here on the LEX soon afterwards.  There are more Greece maps to come down the road, but after these are released, I have some other requests to fulfill first and a series of maps covering Mexico that are ready for release to get to first.

Sheep49

Amazing work as always, Troy! Maps of Greece will sure be used by many, and I can't really see a reason not to use them - they are made realy well, and have many flat regions to develop on. Great work with making them, and... onto the download! ;)

Seriously, awesome work! :thumbsup: Keep it up!
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

blade2k5

Thanks Sheep49.  I'm in the process of getting these four maps packaged up and then uploading them for everyone's downloading pleasure. :thumbsup:

io_bg

Nice work on these maps! A small suggestion in case you run out of ideas what to map next - what about some Bulgarian maps? For example Bourgas (my hometown ::) ), it has quite an interesting location - between the sea and 3 lakes.

Nessebar (a bit north of it) would be also cool to have:

I'm hoping those won't be too difficult to make ;D

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

blade2k5

Quote from: io_bg on November 22, 2010, 01:12:27 PM
Nice work on these maps! A small suggestion in case you run out of ideas what to map next - what about some Bulgarian maps? For example Bourgas (my hometown ::) ), it has quite an interesting location - between the sea and 3 lakes.

Nessebar (a bit north of it) would be also cool to have:

I'm hoping those won't be too difficult to make ;D

I keep these areas in mind ;)  And no, I don't see any difficulty in making these maps. $%Grinno$%

caseyjones2

hey...new to all this, but i loaded your sc4m for 'somewhere in the world 07' just fine. btw love the volcano and caldera. im looking for a mod to make that peak snowcapped. cant find the link.

blade2k5

Do a search on the LEX for Cycledog's terrain mods.  He has several differnt ones and almost all of them have snow at higher elevations. :thumbsup:

jonathan1980

HELLO my name is jonathan and i just downloaded NHP cleveland and i cant get it to run because i dont have SC4 mapper can you send me a link so i can play this cleveland region? i live on the map and i was going to see if i could build it.

jgehrts

I'm actually running into the same problem as Jonathan - I can't for the life of me get SC4Terraformer running (yes, I've read the readme two dozen times, verified that I have all the necessary files, and have read a bunch of troubleshooting threads, all to no avail), but I would love to use some of the maps. Is there a way to acquire a post-SC4T file?

ldvger

Jonathan, the Mapper download can be found here:

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=179

There is a mini-patch for Mapper that can be found here:

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1963

Both files are on the LEX, you can find a link to the LEX on the SC4D home page over on the left side of the page.  If you have not visited the LEX before, know that you must register before you can download files. 

jgehrts, I don't think you actually NEED Terraformer to load maps downloaded from the LEX to load them into your game, although you may need Mapper, which is a different software tool from Terraformer.  Mapper simplifies the process of loading user created region files into the game, Terraformer acts more like a tool for changing/modifying an existing region either before or after if has been loaded into the game.  You can Terraform your region in game using either God Mode or Mayor Mode game tools...but you would have to do so one city tile at a time.  Terraformer allows you to modify your entire region, across city tile boundries, for a more seamless transition from city tile to city tile.  So, I think you may be using the wrong software tool to create a new region from a map downloaded from the LEX.  Try Mapper instead (links above) and see if you don't get better results.

Lora/LD

jgehrts

Thanks for the advice! I'll give that a go. I've had "Mapper" and "Terraformer" being the same thing in my mind. Whoopsy...

blade2k5

Quote from: ldvger on March 08, 2011, 01:09:57 PM
Jonathan, the Mapper download can be found here:

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=179

There is a mini-patch for Mapper that can be found here:

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1963

Both files are on the LEX, you can find a link to the LEX on the SC4D home page over on the left side of the page.  If you have not visited the LEX before, know that you must register before you can download files. 

jgehrts, I don't think you actually NEED Terraformer to load maps downloaded from the LEX to load them into your game, although you may need Mapper, which is a different software tool from Terraformer.  Mapper simplifies the process of loading user created region files into the game, Terraformer acts more like a tool for changing/modifying an existing region either before or after if has been loaded into the game.  You can Terraform your region in game using either God Mode or Mayor Mode game tools...but you would have to do so one city tile at a time.  Terraformer allows you to modify your entire region, across city tile boundries, for a more seamless transition from city tile to city tile.  So, I think you may be using the wrong software tool to create a new region from a map downloaded from the LEX.  Try Mapper instead (links above) and see if you don't get better results.

Lora/LD

Both Terraformer and Mapper can be used to load maps into the game just to clear that up for you. ;)

jgehrts

I get the SC4Mapper splash screen to come up, but no interface... although the process is running. Time to scour the forums again!  ;D

ldvger

QuoteI get the SC4Mapper splash screen to come up, but no interface

Ya know, I seem to recall I had some problems figuring out how to get Mapper to run when I first downloaded it, too.  Can't remember now exactly how I figured it out, but give this a try:

Open the folder that you unzipped or installed Mapper to.  I find mine at C>Program Files>SC4Mapper.  Once inside the folder, you will find a bunch of little icons.  Find the one that looks like a little Windows monitor screen shot, it's a white square bordered with grey that has a band of blue at the top with 3 little white buttons on the right hand side of the blue band.  Under this icon it says SC4Mapper, no file extension.  If you then double click on the icon, that should start Mapper.  You'll get a brief NHP Productions splash screen, looks more like a banner than an actual window, then the initial dialog window should open.  It's pretty simple, just a big white page with a small tabbed menu at the top left.  If the region file you have has a file extension of .sc4m, click on the Create Region tab and follow the directions, it's pretty straightforward.  If your region came with a config.ini file, Mapper should detect it and use it automatically.  Once you have told Mapper where to find the .sc4m file, it will automatically create the new region for you, creating a new folder in your game Regions folder.  Depending on the region size, this may take a few minutes, so be patient.  Once the Mapper is done, close it and boot your game.  You'll find the new region in the same place as all the rest of your regions, just click on it to load it.  Once loaded, it may look very strangely colored...you will need to open and load each city tile in the region for the game to display actual terrain.  If you don't save the city tile, it will revert to the sc4m map colors.  This can be a handy feature if you are trying out different terrain mods to see which one you like best.

Hope this helps!

Lora/LD

jgehrts

Ta-daaaa. dobdriver suggested the "move the documents folder to C:\My Documents" trick - which didn't work for me the other day with Terraformer, but it did work with Mapper!

Thanks for the help, folks!

Rayden

If you use Vista or Win7, for Mapper you need to do that trick (changing the docs folder from user to the root of your HD), for Terraformer that isn't necessary and it works fine with Win7 (32 or 64 bits). :thumbsup:

Shadow Assassin

For Vista/Win7 users, the following download is needed for SC4TF to work:

DX9 Redist (June 2010)

And the legacy files come into handy for older games too...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
See my uploads on the LEX!