• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Swamper's Garage

Started by Swamper77, January 11, 2007, 10:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allan_kuan1992

Happy birthday Jan (swamper77)! =)

- Allan Kuan

shanghai kid

Happy Birthday, Jan (swamper77) & thanks for new upload.
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

nerdly_dood

Happy birthday, and thanks for the Seattle vehicles!

Too bad I accidentally datpacked the folder I had my emergency vehicle mods in... But hey, I can always use Reader to remove them... even if it is rather tedious..

&idea

Oh, and one more thing - I think I've figured a way to enable most any light pattern conceivable on your ambulance mod... without changing how the model shows textures. (I cannot change the lights' location that way - only their colors) That would require the creation of a new FSH texture for the lights (so I can't do that until I get XP since I have vista now) but it would be an all-encompassing one that would work on any light color.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Swamper77

Quote from: nerdly_dood on December 24, 2008, 02:02:17 PM
Happy birthday, and thanks for the Seattle vehicles!

Too bad I accidentally datpacked the folder I had my emergency vehicle mods in... But hey, I can always use Reader to remove them... even if it is rather tedious..

Or you could make a subfolder that loads after the DatPacked files, for ease of removal of the Seattle vehicles ;)

QuoteOh, and one more thing - I think I've figured a way to enable most any light pattern conceivable on your ambulance mod... without changing how the model shows textures. (I cannot change the lights' location that way - only their colors) That would require the creation of a new FSH texture for the lights (so I can't do that until I get XP since I have vista now) but it would be an all-encompassing one that would work on any light color.

Be careful with doing that as my lights are stored in my Automata Essentials file. It would be better to ask me in private about the changes you wish to make. Contact info is over there <---

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

nerdly_dood

I've sent you my idea by way of PM which I thought would be the safest way to communicate.. privately.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Swamper77

I've started working on vehicles again. This next release will be for the German railroaders:

It will be released here on the LEX, and no, I will not repaint these for American or other railroads.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

Swamper77

Quote from: Kenworth on January 28, 2009, 01:35:47 PM
Very nice, swamper! :)

Is it a carriage from royal?

One of several that Royal provided for me to work with. The model I got was loaded one, but I was able to make an unloaded model too. There are a few other models to do yet. I'm still waiting to hear from Andreas as to what Royal wants done with the models after I convert them. My guess is that he wants them to replace the Maxis freight cars.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

BigSlark

Jan,

I'm really looking forward to these, you do great work and I always look forward to new automata.

Is it an incredible amount of work to release the finished automata in both flavors? I already use your US freight cars and adding on a German set would add visual interest (since I play North American-inspired regions, I can do what I want with my automata) and the great SFBT sidings wouldn't look so out of place.

Cheers,
Kevin

Swamper77

Quote from: BigSlark on January 28, 2009, 02:36:07 PM
Jan,

I'm really looking forward to these, you do great work and I always look forward to new automata.

Is it an incredible amount of work to release the finished automata in both flavors? I already use your US freight cars and adding on a German set would add visual interest (since I play North American-inspired regions, I can do what I want with my automata) and the great SFBT sidings wouldn't look so out of place.

Cheers,
Kevin

Kevin,

I'm not sure I understand your question about "flavors". If you are asking about having this particular model with and without the coal cargo, that is possible to do. Or are you asking if these will be additionals instead of replacements? If so, it's not a lot of work to do that either. I just have to make sure the ID's don't conflict with other files.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

BigSlark

My apologies for being unclear, Jan. I was asking if you are going to make both "replacement" and "additional" versions of the final set of wagons.

Cheers,
Kevin

Andreas

Quote from: Swamper77 on January 28, 2009, 01:45:20 PM
One of several that Royal provided for me to work with. The model I got was loaded one, but I was able to make an unloaded model too. There are a few other models to do yet. I'm still waiting to hear from Andreas as to what Royal wants done with the models after I convert them. My guess is that he wants them to replace the Maxis freight cars.

royal replied to my PM at SimForum today; he also wouldn't mind to see both options, as suggested by Kevin, but if that was too much work, a replacement set would be his preference. :)
Andreas

Swamper77

Andreas and Kevin,

I can do both versions. It will just add a little more time for processing the files as I make them. Not that I mind, as more time spent working on them, the more bugs I can catch (if any).

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

toxicpiano

I don't think I've ever looked at this thread. Your very good at what you do though :) How is your TEing coming along?
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

Swamper77

Quote from: toxicpiano on January 30, 2009, 11:41:09 AM
I don't think I've ever looked at this thread. Your very good at what you do though :) How is your TEing coming along?

What transit-enabling? I'm not sure what you're asking about as I don't have any projects right now that require transit-enabling. Care to explain your question further so I can understand what it is that you're asking about?

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

toxicpiano

I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

Swamper77

Toxic,

It slipped my mind, sorry &ops  I'll get right on it....

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

toxicpiano

Quote from: Swamper77 on January 30, 2009, 05:27:25 PM
Toxic,

It slipped my mind, sorry &ops  I'll get right on it....

-Jan
Cheers :)

Swamper77

@Toxic: I'll release the converted lots during the week. I need to finish the Readme file still...

I spent all day yesterday working on these for an internal BSC project. They are the reason I didn't have much time for anything else this weekend:

I still have a log carrier railroad car to do, but that will be started after I finish the Readme for Toxic's Lot conversion request on Monday.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

sim-al2

Those look great!  :thumbsup: Some logging trucks would be appreciated with Peg's new Logging Works.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")