• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Land of Desera

Started by nedalezz, February 01, 2010, 09:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penguin007

Amazing update again my friend the town is really coming to life now!!! I have posted an update now just to let you know!!

Will

Battlecat

Great update as always!  A bit more growth and some more subtle changes to the main street of your town are great to see! 

M.M.Malwin

Very nice small town. It's very colorful I like. I especially love the last picture. The effect is surprisingly very nice!  &apls  ;)

nedalezz

Replies

M.M.Malwin: Thanks! I try not to butte the picture up too much (just make it a bit more colourful), although the noise removal effect really grew on me :)
Battlecat: Yeah, Cedar is growing :) Pretty soon I'll have to focus each update on a specific part of Cedar due to its rapid growth.
penguin007: I went over and saw it, great update! More more! And thanks for commenting!
canyonjumper: Thanks Jordan, hope you stay liking the MD :)

Teaser: As usual, I'll be posting a couple of pictures comparing Cedar's progress between the last 2 updates. Enjoy!

penguin007

Lovely pics as usaul can't wait for more!! Yes I do have another update ready just depends on how generous Im feeling this evening!!

Will

canyonjumper

I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Tomas Neto

I'm curious for see your city with a bigger size, occupying a broader area! I'll await patiently, because I'm interested in the final result and because I like a lot of your style of to build cities!

ecoba

Cedar is really growing up nicely, nedalezz. One suggestion would be to maybe have a little bit more residential variety.

Ethan

nedalezz

The State of Nesara: Update Eleven

Population: 925

Completed Projects: N/A

Developing Projects: Intersection Street ; Medical Facility

The upgrading of Intersection Street has now starting stretching north towards the Nesara Power Plant. There have been some interest as of late from a few manufacturing firms regarding factories in Nesara, and in order to encourage them, the Nesara Council has begun paving the road to what it believes would be prime industrial land near the power plant. With no taxes whatsoever, and land prices very cheap, the council hopes it can finally attract the manufacturing sector to begin setting up shop in the region.

The current state of Intersection Street.

Residential development has picked up again, and recently the town of Cedar hit 1,000 residents. Development has mostly stretched towards the west and the south of central Cedar, with the most popular area right now being around the Cedar State School and the future site of the new medical facility.

Residential development in the northwestern part of Cedar.

The Nesara Council has finalized its plans to open a state run medical facility, and have already cleared the land the facility will be constructed. As with education, healthcare will not be free, and the only pharmacy to be operational in Cedar will be found in the facility. It will employ approximately 20 people, of which 4 will be doctors, and the estimated cost will range between $250,000 to $300,000.

Land clear of trees for the future development of the medical facility.

A couple of pieces of land in central Cedar are up for sale. Both houses were owned by retirees, and since their passing, the children of both families (none of which live in Cedar) have put the houses on the market. The one near James Brooks' residence is going for $90,000, while the one in between the Nesara Council building and the Cedar Market is going for $100,000.

The plots for sale in central Cedar.

Finally, a shot of Cedar as it stands now. Thanks for reading!

Aerial shot of Cedar.

rooker1

Call me Robin, please.

danielcote

Wow is it growing. I hope you keep some forest as a park.

Battlecat

That's quite the burst of growth in today's update!  I like what you're doing to create a variety of construction shots.

Also, it's nice to see a couple new house designs popping up.  It's obvious you've taken very tight control of your plugins folder!  Looking forward to more as always!

penguin007

A lot of new development there and I love how this MD is going, what sort of industry or farming is there because I'm starting to think where do all these people earn their money?

Will

Tomas Neto

This kind of houses are very nice!!! I like very much!!!

marsh

lot o' development going on! The towns slowly but shurly growing

planetechef

Lovely, i always enjoy watching small town and your is looking great, i like also the concept to show how the town grow up quietly, very interesting, it's so hard sometime to find a way to tell a story and show the work done, you just did, i will wait for see where this little town go  :thumbsup:   
& coming soon "Sakura Republic".

nedalezz

Replies

planetechef: As the town of Cedar and region of Nesara grow, stories pop up everywhere :) Thanks for commenting and the kind words, hope I see you back here. And great MD you got going on :)
marsh: I will miss Everglades but I have much hope for Vancouver! The town is indeed growing.
Tomas Net: Thanks! My Residential BATS are almost exclusively all of Matt325 work, so if he stumbles onto here, I want to say big thanks for some amazing BATs!
penguin007: Well, the biggest employers in town are the Power Plant, the School, Davidson Contracting Ltd, the Nesara Council, with new employers being the Cedar Hospital and Korra factory. Alot of the home owners of Cedar are summer residents who have bought a second home in the area and retirees who are looking for a quiet life.
Battlecat: Hehe, indeed I do control my BATS very tightly, especially my residential BATs. As stated above, they are almost all Matt325s, and they are all grown btw. Thanks for commenting!
danielcote: There pleeeeennnttyyy of forests in Nesara, lol.
rooker007: Thank you very much :)

The State of Nesara: Update Twelve

Population: 1396

Completed Projects: Cedar Hospital, Korra Ceramic Bathroom Products Factory, Nesara Fuel Station

Developing Projects: Silkmate Home Textiles Factory, Burgundy Restaurant & Pub (Country Road), Lifemate Insurance Office (Country Road)

Cedar Hospital - Originally slated to be smaller than the end result, the Nesara Council decided to expand the original blueprint and ended up with the largest building in the region. The building has 3 floors used for patients and their care, and the 4th floor is used for the offices of the hospital. It was supposed to cost the council around $300,000 upon completion, but the cost nearly hit $1,000,000 after it was all said and done. Instead of employing only 20 people, however, the hospital now employs almost 90, and 8 of them are doctors. The decision was made to expand the hospital after studies showed that the original set up would not be able to keep up with the expected growth of Cedar, thus making it too small to handle the loads expected in the short term future.

Cedar Hospital.

Korra Ceramics - An upstart company that was founded by Kimberly Korra. She was seduced by Nesara's policy of no taxes, and bought 15 plots (3x5 - 30x50m - 1500 sq. meters) just north of central Cedar for $15,000, before Intersection Street was paved all the way north up to the factory. Kimberly used to own a sanitary and ceramic solutions store in Seattle, importing products from China and making quite a successful business out of it. Looking to expand her business and go into manufacturing, after reading about Nesara's policies, she was convinced to set up her new factory there. The factory produces all ceramic sanitary products, such as jacuzzis, shower rooms and cubicles, bathtubs, basins, and W/Cs. Korra still resides in Seattle, but has been seen in Cedar a lot since her factory opened for business. Her initial capital, including machinery, land, and construction cost her a total of $1.7 million. It employs close to 80 people total.

The Korra Ceramics factory.

Nesara Fuel Station - Owned by the Nesara Council, the Nesara Fuel Station is the first refueling stop to open in the region. After drawing up laws that monopolized all potential extracting, refining, importing, exporting and selling of natural gases and fuels in Nesara to the council itself, it established the Nesara Fuel Authority, which in turn developed and operates this and all future Nesara Fuel Stations. While having the government take control of the fuel market and industry in Nesara made some uneasy, James Brooks was quick to reassure the residents in a speech that its motive was to be able to run profitable operations from its resources and imported resources so that it could develop the region properly, given that there was no income coming in from taxes. The Nesara Fuel Station is situated on the western end of Cedar.

The Nesara Fuel Station at what the locals have started calling Station Junction.

Around Cedar

Central Cedar is slowly turning more commercial after the 2 houses up for sale near the Nesara Council building were sold. One was bought by Richard Burgundy, who plans to open Cedar's first restaurant and pub, and the other was acquired by a young man called Udrich Steinberg, who is looking to establish an insurance company in Nesara. Both acquired the lands for $100,000, with Burgundy paying $10,000 more than the listed price after a bidding war happened at the eleventh hour, which he eventually won.

Central Cedar.

Still on the subject of central Cedar, the plot and house opposite James Brooks' home on the corner of Intersection Street and Country Road was also recently listed for sale, and it seems the Nesara Council will be looking to buy the land back. Rumor has it, they want to open up a small office for one of its newly planned departments, possibly the Nesara Land and Real Estate Authority (NLREA).

Cedar Market has seen strong growth in recent times, and Jim Calhoun's business has begun to average nearly $2,000 a day in sales. He recently stated that his business was outgrowing his small store, and it could be in the market to acquire a bigger piece of land to develop. Still the only source of groceries and provisions in town, he stands to benefit from the rapidly growing population of Cedar.

Cedar Market on Country Road.

The council has continued its promise to pave the streets of Cedar, with several formally dirt paths in and around central Cedar now covered in asphalt and concrete. The paved areas have become more desirable to live in, and land prices around central Cedar are now ranging between $1500-1600 a plot, or $15-16 per sq. meter.

The new paved streets around central Cedar.

Although road works and the noise they bring have been an annoyance to the locals of Cedar, a recent survey showed they were generally happy with the Nesara Council, especially after it moved quickly to meet the residents of Cedar's most pressing needs; education for their children and the construction of a medical facility. Both projects exceeded the expectations of the public upon completion.

penguin007

Thanks for the answer placed on the spot there!! This update also clarified a lot and the town is thriving beautifully not just a collection of houses but lots of businesses now as well!!

Will

M.M.Malwin

Very good! It's beautiful and it's more interesting. I love all your updates on the progress of this village! Bravo!  &apls  ;)

kwakelaar

Growing steadily and still so many houses under construction.