• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Sultanate of Kalu Sabah: Massive Mosaic Overview of Capital

Started by Sky Guy, August 13, 2011, 10:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky Guy

Welcome back!

Well, the new airport's construction has officially begun.
Here is a rough plan of what the layout will look like (things are liable to change)

With the new activity, city development has already started moving towards the construction site.
The airport will be the first on all of Borneo with two runways, allowing for it to become a major hub for the whole region.

Here are some shots of how progress is coming along:

In the meantime I thought we could take a roadtrip to Bayokan, a city north of Bandar Sabah.
The two cities have been linked by a cracking, steep, and dangerous raod for many years.

Recently the trip has gotten a lot safer with the whole highway being re-done to four lanes.
The new highway is a smooth ride, and part of the road has now been put underground.
Work is still being done, but the drive is certainly worth the construction delays:

;D

EDIT: haha, I will give a thumbs-up to whoever can find the oddity in one of my pictures that I forgot to take out :P

Stay tuned for the full showcase of Bayokan, and more scenes from the airport.

Replies:
Dantes: Thanks, the airport will be fairly modern ;)
wallasey: Thank you, hope you enjoyed it ;D
Kergelen: Thanks a lot, I am glad you noticed. :)

Kalu Sabah- A fast growing dynamic Southeast Asian Country

Dantes

Oh yes, the airport looks great and I'm looking forward to the completion. Have fun with the LE. The images through the mountains are also great!  :thumbsup:

CrossSide

art128

Yes, nice use of the mayor mod ploppable flora! Can't wait to see more of the airport. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Kergelen

Yesterday I was seeing your region from the beginning and I really like it.
The airport, highway, dense cities and specially this river and bridges in the tropical jungle with nice MMP use. :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

Terring7

The picture with the waterfalls is my favourite, keep it up :)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Sky Guy

Welcome to Bayokan. This city, long located on the naturally protected harbor north of the capital is an important port for the delta area (WIP).
The city is one of the older cities in the coutry, but as long been a small quiet fishing village- ther is no important history here :P

:satisfied:

REPLIES
Dantes: Thank you, my dedicated commenter! I am glad you enjoyed it ;D
CrossSide: Thank you very much :)
art128: Thank you- more of the airport is coming soon  :thumbsup:
bat: Thanks a bunch!  ;D
Kergelen: Thanks for taking the time to check it out! I am glad you have enjoyed it :)
Terring7: That was mine too. ;D I am glad you liked it- thanks.

apeguy

What can I say, other than three pages of awesomeness? ;D ;D

I must say that some of these pictures look so realistic that it looks like you've just taken photos of real-life south east asian cities. You have excellent photoshopping skills and you've put a good story with your pictures.

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Dantes

I like the atmosphere that you produce. :)  Jungle, hot, humid and people everywhere. &sly  Your blocks look great. :P

Nanami

oh yeah! looks awesome!

also what is the rock near the water? and the dirt terrain in the road or highway construction?
also for the houses I forget the link could you give me it?

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

RickD

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

sumwonyuno

Very nice port town.  Heh, where did the rest of the bridges go...?  :D

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Sky Guy

Sorry for the delay in updates- just got done taking my finals- surprisingly I did well :P

Anyway, I decided to give you a treat- the opening of the New Bandar Sabah Airport!

;D

Next update coming soon ;)

Replies
apeguy: WOW, thank you for the amazing comment  &hlp
Dantes: Thank you very much- I am glad you like it :)
976: Hey! Thanks for the comment. I can't remember what the rocks are. The dirt is on the LEx- it is a terrain brush that replaces fauna, and the houses, I think I might upload them to the STEX sometime. ;)
art128: Thanks, art.  ;D
RickD: Thank you very much!
sumwonyuno: Thanks, haha- yes, good thing the roads are blocked otherwise there might be a few accidents :P

Dantes

The new airport looks fantastic compared to the old airport and hopefully bring many new jobs.  :thumbsup:  I like the layout of the passenger terminal and logistics terminal much.
Great work.  &apls  &apls  &apls

noahclem

The new airport looks really promising! Awesome job on the last few updates  &apls

PS I meant to post a couple times earlier but got distracted by work (probably good since i was viewing from work ;) )

Terring7

An idea about the old airport. How about replacing it with a heliport surrounded by green zones? ;D
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Sky Guy

Merry Christmas! I hope you enjoy this update as we take a look at some of the changes that have happened around the capital city.

Ok, lets start with the new port. Expansion is complete, and things are going smoothly. There is now oil and grain facilities, with plenty more room to expand.

Now lets look at how the city has spread. In this shot we see from the eastern mountains all the way to the river. The small building on the hill is an observatory, a new addition.

Here is a small picture of downtown. With the new airport open, height restrictions have been eliminated, and new buildings are already appearing.
PetroKor, the national oil company is considering building a tower sometime in the future as well.

Now for a picture of the Floating Village, mentioned in previous updates, as well as new development.

REPLIES
Dantes: Thank you, I am glad you liked it ;D
noahclem: Thank a lot. and dont worry about it, ;)
terring7: Thanks, and I wil consider that- it is a pretty good idea ;D

peter007

Great city.
I'm looking forward to further expansions!

-Ernst