• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sardinia Region, Italy

Started by 4arta, April 04, 2012, 05:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4arta

TABLE OF CONTENT:

SARDINIA

Update 1  Welcome To Sardinia

Update 2  Porto Cervo

Update 3  Agriturismo, Farm Stays in Italy

Update 4  The Valley of Pardu

Update 5  Photoshop Tutorial: Boost your Photo

Update 6  Welcome Back to Cagliari

Update 7  Playing on the beach

Update 8  Last Sardinia

GLASTONBURY

Update 9  Glastonbury

TRY OUT NEW PLUGIN

Intermezzo  Try Out new plugin: Japanese Style

RESORT AND LOGGING SCENE

Update 11  Resort and Logging Scene

Try Out : Urban District

Update 12  Welltown

LAKE BLED, SLOVENIA

Teaser... Come Visit Lake Bled

Update 13  Lake Bled, Slovenia

Little Suburban

Update 14  Little Suburban

Little Suburban Part 2

Update 15  Little Suburban Part 2

Welcome Back

Update 16  Welcome Back

Treasure

Update 17  Treasure

Good Morning

Update 18  Good Morning

Sardinia Region, Italy

The second largest island in the Mediterranean, Sardinia has always had a strategic position and has been historically connected with Spain, especially along the western coasts.
the region is typical for its rugged territory, comprising the mountains called Limbara, Supramonte, Ogliastra, Gennargentu, Iglesiente and Sulcis, and characterized by a very different geological aspect from the rest of Italy; here also there are unique archeological remains dating back to thousands of years ago, called "nuraghi". The coastline is mostly high and rocky, and surrounded by many smaller islands, such as Asinara, the Maddalena group, Tavolara, San Pietro and Sant'Antioco.

Provinces of Sardinia

The region includes 8 provinces: Cagliari (CA), Carbonia Iglesias (CI), Medio Campidano (MD), Nuoro (NU), Ogliastra (OG), Olbia Tempio (OT), Oristano (OR), Sassari (SS)

History
Inhabited since very early pre-historic times (at least since 150,000 years ago), in the 9th century BC the island was occupied by the Phoenicians, later on by Carthage and, after this city was defeated and destroyed in the Third Punic War, by Rome, and under the Roman Empire enjoyed a remarkable prosperity. Raided by the Vandals in 456 AD, it was later included by the Eastern (Byzantine) Roman Empire. For many centuries Sardinia suffered raids by the Saracens from Spain, Africa and Sicily.
In the 12th century, under the influence of the republic of Pisa, the island was divided into four local districts - Gallura, Logudoro, Arborea, and Caralis - called "Iudicati", each ruled by a iudex, whose power little by little became hereditary. In 1241 the King of Sicily Frederick II appointed his son Enzo king of Sardinia.
In 1323 the Kingdom of Aragon began its conquest Sardinia; Arborea resisted and for a time was able to control almost the whole island, but its last ruler Eleanor of Arborea was defeated in the Battle of Sanluri on June 30, 1409, the population of Alghero was expelled and the city repopulated with Catalans. After the merge of the Kingdoms of Castile and Aragon in Spain, Sardinia was incorporated into Spain and Sardinian mariners were in the royal Spanish fleet when on October 7, 1571, at the Battle of Lepanto, the Turkish fleet was defeated. On 2 September 1720 Sardinia passed to Vittorio Amedeo II Savoy, later to become King of Sardinia, the entity that in the following century was to become the Kingdom of Italy.

Population
Four of the eight Sardinian provinces were established in 2005: Carbonia-Iglesias, Medio Campidano, Ogliastra and Olbia-Tempio while Oristano was established in 1974. The population is mostly concentrated in the provinces of Cagliari and Sassari. Until very recent times the population inhabited the inner areas away from the sea, and the economy was based on sheep-raising and connected activities.

Then a wonderful tourist development took place in the coastal areas, so that today Sardinia, with its clear waters, unspoiled landscape and ideal climate in the summer, is a favorite holiday destinations for Italians and foreigners, who reach by ferry or plane the celebrated localities along the Costa Smeralda, the Maddalena island, Alghero and Costa Rei. Still today, however, the region is the first in Italy for sheep and goat raising, and the production of cheeses. Another important resource is the extraction of lead and zinc.

Feel Italy, Enjoy Mediterranean beach and burn your skin   ::)

cmdp123789

NICE... I like the italian feel in the pics... is it an accurate recreation?? I mean, will it be based on... or.... recreation??

nbvc

clemenclm2001

Very beautiful. Congratulations &apls

rooker1

Very nice start.  I really enjoy seeing these models used in cities.
I can't wait to see more.

Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Wonderful start of your MD there. And looking forward to more... ;)

4arta

cmdp123789: yes, a little. but some improvisation  ;)

nbvc: thanks,, I hope so  :P

clemenclm2001: thanks, I hope you enjoy my MD   ;D

rooker: thanks robin,  today I'm going to start this new project   &idea

bat: thanks,, enjoy  $%Grinno$%
thans for attention friend

Welcome To Sardinia

oke,, I'll star from Cagliari

Province of Cagliari

General Information
Region: Sardinia
Capital: Cagliari

Number of Municipalities: 71

Population
Total        : 563,180
Males      : 274,643
Females  : 288,537

From my early youth, I admired the sea. There was none of summer vacation without at least a few days spent at sea. I enjoyed sunbathing, swimming, relax on the beach and admire the sea smell. The camera was always in my vicinity and it seemed to me that I need to photograph each wave and each change in color of the sea.

This time we are planning an holiday in Sardinia in spring. All what we already knew about Sardinia has been the need to book a ferry somewhere in April and that there could be a beautiful beaches. We intend to visit Cagliari, explore the surrounding and find some good beaches.

At the Saturday morning after the morning coffee we went to Cagliari. The city is the largest in Sardinia and also the capital of the island. Before downtown of Cagliari we photographed flamingos that are pretty numerous in Sardinia, but we noticed them only here.

Cagliari is renown for its art museums and Art Galleries, the sea, the movida and cheap lodgings and a lot more to make a visit worth wise. It has about 160,000 inhabitants, or about 350,000 including the suburbs. Cagliari's Sardinian name Casteddu literally means the castle. Cagliari has some peculiar gastronomic traditions. Many dishes are based on the wide variety of fish and sea food available, for example, burrida.

Sardinia is a small but very varied Island; the scenery of its beaches is colorful almost everywhere you go. One of choises to enjoy on beaches and inland places is to create an itinerary for 7 to 14 days staying for 3 or 4 days at a time.

I hope you have sunblock or you'll burn the sun  :P

Bonus: Night View

Enjoy, Sorry for my bad english  &ops

cmdp123789

WOW!!! I really like the city at cliff and under it... like the photoshop also... I can see that this MD will last long and it will be awesome as ***** hahaha. Region view?? ooohhh Im so glad I was the first one to comment in here... not missed it!

eugenelavery

A great start.  Might I suggest that you use a wider range of flora?

Tokugawa

See Okatabawashi ! the pearl of the Orient !

art128

Now, that's one giant piece of rock there.  :satisfied:

Superb update, I enjoyed it quite a lot. The beach is well done, as well as the construction on that hill.

Looking forward for more pictures of this superb place of the Mediterranean sea.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

ThomasK

This is very promising, I look forward to following it in the future.

yunxiang

...Wow.  :o

You did an awesome job with EVERYTHING. But especially with your choice of flora and placement of beach props. Those really helped to fill out your city!

rooker1

Another fantastic update.
I love how the beach turned out....great work!

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

4arta

cmdp123789: ooh thank you friend  ;D
eugenelavery: yes, actually I was a lot of variety of trees, but I'm still confused which one is suitable trees for mediterranean regions  :-[
Tokugawa: what's wrong with the water  :P
art128: thanks art128. very difficult for development in hill areas  :-[ including unstable soil contour
ThomasK: thanks thomas,, still following  :P
Yunxiang:  ;D
rooker1: thanks robin   $%Grinno$%

Porto Cervo

Porto Cervo is the main centre of the so-called Costa Smeralda, one of the most prestigious tourist areas in Gallura on Sardinia's north-western coast. Resorts such as Cala di Volpe, Liscia di Vacca and Baja Sardinia are now considered very sought-after tourist destinations. Porto Cervo is a village of multicoloured buildings, recently built in front of the natural port and the surrounding hills.

The Porto Vecchio (Old Port) dates back to the 60's and is on the south-eastern side, while the new harbour is equipped with the most modern and complete tourist infrastructures for international marine traffic.
The wharves and quays are Porto Cervo Spa's private property and therefore fees must be paid for docking and enjoying the use of the facilities. The Port is visible from the sea and makes reference to Capo Ferro, a 46 m high promontory with a lighthouse indicating north of Porto Cervo.  From the sea you can also admire the lights of the numerous tourist resorts present in the area.
Anyone not wanting to use the port might anchor in the bay.  The entrance is indicated by the lights.
Obviously, Porto Cervo couldn't not have a Yacht Club (the Costa Smeralda Yacht Club) and a meeting point for nightlife

Bonus:

Next Update: Costa Smeralda  :P

rooker1

Great update, awesome pics and I loved the presentation.

Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

eugenelavery

Awesome update!  Where can I find that church you are using?

Kergelen

Nice pictures and presentation.
The location of the town is interesting and the second picture very beautiful :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

art128

That's a pretty nice town you've made there. I like the square planning of it, it reminds me of La Spezia in Italy.

-Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

You have made a great city, We can see the Italian feeling in every moment and that It's just perfect for you because that is your mission, Right ?  ;) Keep up the good work with the region and the presentation, you are doing a great job !

# Jonathan
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||