• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Map Request: North of Lichtenstein

Started by Dark_Jedi06, January 19, 2011, 03:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark_Jedi06

Good day NHP Team!

I would like to request a scale-accurate map of the region in western Europe just north of Lichtenstein (the area around Lake Constance). I've tried extensively to do this myself, however I've done nothing but fail miserably. Here is the region I am requesting:

It's around 47N009E/47N008E. I will be eternally gratefully to anyone who is willing to work their magic for me. ;D If the map is too small (less then 4x4 large city tiles) then it can be enlarged to 4x4.

Thank you in advance!
...this space to be filled soon...

blade2k5

Ok, got the data, though I can tell you this map will be a 18x10 large tile map for the area you selected.  Not sure if I'll be able to save it wwhen finished working on it with Terraformer.  For some reason, maps that size cause an error when saving in terraformer.  I'll give it a go and see what happens.  If I can't save it, I'll see if I can get one other mapper to finish it off for me.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Dark_Jedi06

Quote from: blade2k5 on January 26, 2011, 07:00:47 PM
Ok, got the data, though I can tell you this map will be a 18x10 large tile map for the area you selected.  Not sure if I'll be able to save it wwhen finished working on it with Terraformer.  For some reason, maps that size cause an error when saving in terraformer.  I'll give it a go and see what happens.  If I can't save it, I'll see if I can get one other mapper to finish it off for me.

18x10...whew. :'(

Can you shrink it down then maybe? That way it wouldn't lose any data but would be a more manageable size. Could you shrink it in half to 9x5 (maintaining the 1.8 ratio)?

blade2k5

I can do that and try to keep it as accurate as possible. 

dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

Dark_Jedi06

Quote from: blade2k5 on January 26, 2011, 08:27:09 PM
I can do that and try to keep it as accurate as possible. 

Awesome, thank you so much. :)

If there's not too much loss of accuracy, maybe you could scale it down even further to 6x3.33 (using small/medium city tiles to fill in). I just realized 45 tiles is still alot.  :-[

blade2k5

Actually, 9x5 isn't as big as you think it is, considering a portion of those tiles will be mountainous areas you can't really build on anyways. :thumbsup:

Dark_Jedi06

Quote from: blade2k5 on January 26, 2011, 09:15:08 PM
Actually, 9x5 isn't as big as you think it is, considering a portion of those tiles will be mountainous areas you can't really build on anyways. :thumbsup:

Okay I'll take your word for it. ;D

Looking forward to getting to start playing again. :)

blade2k5

Good news.  Your request is nearing the finish line, all that's left to do is render it, get it all packaged up and then release it.  Here's a sneak peak...

By the way, what do you want me to name this map?

Dark_Jedi06

Beautiful! :o Thank you so much!

Uhh..."Lake Constance" would work to describe it I think. :)

blade2k5

Ok.  Thanks for the needed info and I'll be rendering it with Cycledogs Meadowshire terrain mod.  By the way, what country is Lake Constance in again?

Dark_Jedi06

Germany, Switzerland and Austria...though I'd say it's most closely associated with Switzerland. :)

blade2k5

Dark_Jedi06

GORGEOUS! ;D

Once again, thank you for lending me your amazing talent. :)

blade2k5

Dark_Jedi06

Quote from: blade2k5 on January 31, 2011, 01:45:39 PM
My pleasure. :)

Just wanted to let you know how excited I am to get started on this map...any chance that will be today? Classes were canceled today so I have all the time in the world to start urbanizing this beauty. :)

blade2k5

Give me about an hour to get it packaged up and released to the LEX.  Trying to finish up on some other requests I have from SimTropolis.

Dark_Jedi06

Quote from: blade2k5 on February 02, 2011, 12:08:50 PM
Give me about an hour to get it packaged up and released to the LEX.  Trying to finish up on some other requests I have from SimTropolis.

Awesome! No need to rush...I'm just super excited to get back into SC4. ;D

blade2k5