• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NHP Technical Issues - Report Problems Here

Started by moganite, January 14, 2007, 10:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wouanagaine

QuoteI have unzipped other maps (Mr. Robson, Invermere Valley) individually into a temp folder on my desktop and the Mapper will not see any files inside of the temp folder
I don't see any reasons for that, besides the file filter ( *.sc4M ) is not selected, or you specified to use a Greyscale instead of SC4M

Tangentially - should the Mapper ask me a path for saving the file, or does it default to the Regions subfolder in the SimCity 4 directory?
Yes it defaults to Regions subfolder with the name of the region

Make sure you have the latest version ( available on the LEX )
Maybe you can try to open SC4M files with SC4TF ( available on the LEX )

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

HandsOn

The NHP modular golf club - great idea - does give me a small but incisive problem. I created a small, 3-hole club; city grows, both club houses come available: I try to plop the first one - game frezzes and requires the three-finger salute to be closed. Bummer!

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

jplumbley

I created these lots... Unfortunately, I do not have access to SC4 RH and cannot currently test to try and recreated your issue for 2 weeks as I am home from school and my computer with SC4 is at school.

I created the Reward lots with help from BarbyW and we tested these lots quite extensively before releasing them.  We did not encounter any crashes while testing.  This to me would sound like a one off incident where you have a conflicting file maybe in your plugins... maybe?  My guess, would be a conflicting Reward lot... BUT is this a problem you had once or is it happening multiple times that you can recreate?

I havent played the game in quite a while so I really, dont remember how the Clubhouses were suppose to be triggered, hehe.  I think they all are triggered by the same event and are available to be used all at once, but only once each.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

HandsOn

;D Thanks for the quick reply. It was a first, just a bit frustrating since - on the same city - I managed two NAM crashes today (stupid me), thus I was perhaps a bit fast-forward on the posting. Not to worry, the holes are still there & everyone can tee off (or whatever golfers do). I'll try it again, and let you know - there's no rush.

The trigger was wealthy population, all to true in real life, both come "alive" at the same time, and it was away from all sensitive networks, astride a gated community, thus it is surely unrelated to NAM. It may be possible that the rewards cheat mod (which usually does not affect custom rewards) does this. If Mademoiselle BarbyW tested it, it ought to pass muster, n'est pas?

I'll get back to you..
So, unfortunately the problem persists: three strikes and I am still out. I tried it with the game paused, I tried both clubhouses, I tried Ctrl-X and plopping it. The result is always the same - CTD! Below is a pic where it was to go.

It is nothing crucial - it's just a shame because I would like to have seen it..BTW: the reward requires R$$$ 2,000 and an MR of 55 (somewhat low expectations of the chief  ::)

xxdita

Hmmm... JP This is yours?  :P
Transit Switch Point: 0x81,0xF0,0x00,0x00,0x82,0xF0,0x00,0x00,0x81,0xF0,0x01,0x01,0x82,0xF0,0x01,0x01,
0x81,0xF0,0x02,0x02,0x82,0xF0,0x02,0x02,0x81,0xF0,0x04,0x04,0x82,0xF0,0x04,0x04
Transit Switch Entry Cost: 0  ::)

The odd Property that I'm seeing, that I haven't noticed before is
City Exclusion Group: 0x52edd2f5. Set with the same value as the Lot Resource Key.

And in PIMX, there is no Recompute As Option, and the Building shows up only under Descriptors/Building/Unknown.

HandsOn

Great - you guys just completely lost me..!  :'( Are we now speaking in HEXes? Or is this the famous Curse of The Monkey God?  :P

I take it, Xxdita, you are about to bring out a fixed version of the errant club house..? You seem to enjoy looking for trouble..?

xxdita

Let's give JP some time to sort it out, as it's his creation. Besides, transit switches scare monkeys. We get lost in the turnstyle.

HandsOn

Quote from: xxdita on April 22, 2008, 10:05:22 PM
Let's give JP some time to sort it out, as it's his creation. Besides, transit switches scare monkeys. We get lost in the turnstyle.
No hurry, no worry. Got all the time in the world, in RL & in SC. As for TW's - I've yet to find the turnstile, let alone get through it..

RippleJet

Quote from: xxdita on April 22, 2008, 09:09:29 PM
The odd Property that I'm seeing, that I haven't noticed before is
City Exclusion Group: 0x52edd2f5. Set with the same value as the Lot Resource Key.

The City Exclusion Group is needed for rewards that can only be built once.
After plopping a building containing a City Exclusion Group, the item icon becomes grey and you cannot build another instance of the building (or group of buildings having the same City Exclusion Group). The Item Description would add some text to the bottom, saying "This building cannot be built because it already exists in this city".

Hmmm... JP This is yours?  :P
Transit Switch Point: 0x81,0xF0,0x00,0x00,0x82,0xF0,0x00,0x00,0x81,0xF0,0x01,0x01,0x82,0xF0,0x01,0x01,
0x81,0xF0,0x02,0x02,0x82,0xF0,0x02,0x02,0x81,0xF0,0x04,0x04,0x82,0xF0,0x04,0x04
Transit Switch Entry Cost: 0  ::)

Quote from: xxdita on April 22, 2008, 10:05:22 PM
Besides, transit switches scare monkeys.

Hmmm, JP, you shouldn't scare the monkeys!

Diggis

HandsOn, sounds like the problem might be a conflict.  Back up your city and SC4Files and give this a try

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2401.0

xxdita

I'm thinking the same, as the lot plops perfectly for me.

HandsOn

Quote from: Diggis on April 23, 2008, 01:18:01 AM
HandsOn, sounds like the problem might be a conflict.  Back up your city and SC4Files and give this a try

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2401.0
Sorry, Diggis: I read your page quite some time ago and did just that when I reorganised my plug-in folder. Like everyone else I get the occassional, absolutely avoidable, "I-should not have done that", NAM-related crash. But this is different: it is "only" two specific buildings, eye-candy at that (very nice eye-candy, indeed) and I've tested it against the game on another PC - this morning: same result. Since someone posted the link for RoboPol's resetting of the EXE, CTD's are a thing of the past, 99% of the time.

Am going to reinstall it, check if I missed something else..

Thanks anyway..

RippleJet

I took a closer look at the club houses, and they do indeed conflict... with each other! $%Grinno$%

Each clubhouse lot has the same TGI address, 0x6534284A, 0xA8FBD372, 0x52EDD2F5.
Thus, if you've already plopped one of them, and try to plop another one, those two will definitely conflict with each other, and crash the game.

Even worse... each clubhouse building exemplar has the same identical TGI address, 0x6534284A, 0x07BDDF1C, 0x52EDD2F5.
I'm actually surprised you got the correct building on the clubhouse lot you already plopped, and not one of the other two... ::)

EDIT:
The reason for the buildings not to interfere with each other, is that they are props...
The building exemplars are pointing to Maxis' empty building! :P

Quote from: jplumbley on April 22, 2008, 04:27:58 PM
I think they all are triggered by the same event and are available to be used all at once, but only once each.

That is indeed the case, the City Exclusion Group is given the same value for all three clubhouses.

However, this was what got me on the track... the Lot Resource Key is also the same for all three clubhouses
And this got me looking at the TGI addresses for the lots and buildings themselves...

The three clubhouse lots should have been made independently of each other, with their own TGI addresses.
Then, they should only have been given the same City Exclusion Group.

I think JP will have to revert to these... not only because of this, but also because of the TE settings! ::)
All transit switch properties need to be removed. The lots only need to be network enabled!

We do not want the clubhouses to be truck/bus/car/ped stations with a capacity of 100 and entry cost of 0! $%Grinno$%

HandsOn

Quote from: RippleJet on April 23, 2008, 02:29:16 AM
I took a closer look at the club houses, and they do indeed conflict... with each other! $%Grinno$%
Could it be possible that the clubhouses conflict with something else, as well? They came as part of one package, the DIY golf course. Because I never got to plop even one. If they had a problem with each other, then, if I were to exclude one from the plug-ins folder, the remainder should presumably work..?  ()what()

RippleJet

Quote from: HandsOn on April 23, 2008, 02:35:23 AM
Could it be possible that the clubhouses conflict with something else, as well? They came as part of one package, the DIY golf course. Because I never got to plop even one. If they had a problem with each other, then, if I were to exclude one from the plug-ins folder, the remainder should presumably work..?  ()what()

You should have only one of the clubhouses in your plugins folder. Remove the other two!

HandsOn

Quote from: RippleJet on April 23, 2008, 02:41:04 AM
You should have only one of the clubhouses in your plugins folder. Remove the other two!
Alas - the confusion confounds us: I only have two - NHP FLOG Clubhouse L2 - Dmscopio and NHP FLOG Clubhouse L3 - Hable. So, I shall archive Hable, see what happens..

Edited: So I saw what happened - precisely the paranormal parody of a premature passing of SC4. In other words: with only one (L2) installed we still crash.

Now, right next to it is the Nexis Gentlemen's Retreat - the golf club would not be using the same building and thus have another conflict??

RippleJet

Quote from: HandsOn on April 22, 2008, 04:39:36 PM
If Mademoiselle BarbyW tested it, it ought to pass muster, n'est pas?

Indeed... that's why I had to talk to her as well! ::)

Seems like I had a pre-release version of the clubhouses on my harddisk...
...which were indeed not meant to be installed, all at the same time.

However, the versions available on the LEX do indeed have separate TGI's.
Thus, we might be hunting ghosts here...

Let me know how your testing proceeds, HandsOn!

BarbyW

QuoteEven worse... each clubhouse building exemplar has the same identical TGI address, 0x6534284A, 0x07BDDF1C, 0x52EDD2F5.
The ones on the LEX all have their own unique TGI as do the ones in my folder. You must have a beta set and should download from the LEX. All three can be in plugins at the same time and, in fact, all can be used once in a city as the City Exclusion Group for each only excludes that particular reward lot.
I shall revisit these later with Jason as the transit switches definitely need removing in view of new information.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

HandsOn

Ok, I give up. Here's what I've done:
1) removed old clubhouses;
2) checked readme again to see that I have ALL of the dependency, and all are up-to-date - they are, thanks to the BSC Downloader;
3) checked that I had indeed the latest available HK Textures from STEX;
4) reinstalled the clubhouses;
5) plopped & crashed.

I also notice that everyone here appears to be talking about THREE clubhouses - the ZIP I just downloaded from the LEX only contains L2 and L3, ergo two rather splendid looking properties.

So, lest I follow the simian example in RippleJet's last post, I am suggesting my Sims prop up their elbows to discuss fake holes-in-one elsewhere.. maybe after I had some shut-eye I'll give the Start-up Manager a shot..

RippleJet