• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to make a lot really transparent.

Started by jeronij, November 07, 2006, 02:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeronij

Sometimes you will need to create a lot which has some transparent tiles, or it is completely transparent. For example if you plan to create a woods lot.

There are other techniques supported by other members to accomplish this, like the "stupid texture" technique or call unexistent textures, but these will bring the "blak hole" bug to your cities.

I assume you have basic knowledgment about the Lot Editor ( enough to create your lot) and with the Ilives Reader tool (enough to open a lot and remove a property).

To make a lot transparent

You have to write down the texture ID that you applied in the Lot Editor, in the tiles that you want to make transparent. As an example, I always use the texture 25F40000 so I dont have to remember the ID .

Make a backup of your lot before proceding. If everything goes right, you can remove it at the end. Open the lot in the Reader and search for the lot exemplar

Once found, search on the properties list for the LotConfigPropertyLotObject property with the first value equal to 0x00000002. Those are the base textures lines.

Double click on one of them, and the last rep calls the texture ID. This way you can confirm this is the tile you want to delete.

Once you are sure you want to delete that property, right click on it, and select delete property.

Once deleted right click again on one property and select Reindex LotConfig

Save and try.

I hope this helps. It works fine for me

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

wouanagaine

you're a saver jeroni :!!!!!!!!!!  &apls

I've already find that I need to remove the Properties starting by 2, but I never found the reIndex LotConfig item

Wow, time to play with some lots !

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

ExiLe

Great stuff Jeronij, if you were a woman (lol) and if you would have lived in the middle ages at that same time, you would probably have been burned at the stick.!!!
Isn't that just the best compliment you have ever gotten?  :D

Will, try this out amigo. :satisfied:

take care,
...coming soon

Alfred.Jones

That is sweet Jeronij. I will definately have a try at making some transparent lots soon. Thanks heaps ;)

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

TheTeaCat

oh SO handy Thank you. Great tutorial, clear, concise and to the point  :thumbsup:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

CabraBuitre

Thanks for this Jeronij... This is great and actually really easy!!

Check out Abelfarei!

MAS71

Hi all :)
Thank you Jeroni for your helps &apls
I don't know that!!

however.... ;D
I teach you one more method of How to find it.  :thumbsup:
This tutorial is finded by  NOB san in Japan.
Thank you very much NOB san ;)

Ok, Let's ceck it out now!! "$Deal"$

You should arrange BASE TEXTURES at the END.
(You should it after finish plopping all of PROPs)
and you remember only a number of BASE TEXTUREs.
In this example LOT, You remember a number of BT is 4(2x2).

Open this LOTs with "ilive-Reader" and see exempler.
Just then!!

You would find to BASE TEXTURE's "LotConfigPropertyLotObject property" easily.
4 properties show it from the under.

If you made a LOTs that size is 4x2. You should remember a number 8.
8 properties will show it from the under with "Reader".

again.
Please you never forget that You should arrange BASE TEXTURES at the END on "Lot-Editer". :thumbsup:

Thank you again NOB san.
and Thank you for reading everyone ;)

jeronij

This is also a clever approach  &apls

Thanks for sharing it here  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

flame1396

In the words of the Guinness guys: BRILLIANT!
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

capo

Im loving this site more and more with all this info you can find, this really works! I don't have a clue what I just did, but your directions are so easy to use that I now have created my first transparant based lot.

Now my selfmade fields have cows...Im so happy that I've named the first cow that I have plopped: jeronij.
next up the transparent based barn and hay...we don't want jeronij to be cold and hungry now do we...

Thanks so much for this tutorial!

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

RippleJet

Quote from: capo on October 09, 2007, 03:21:28 PM
Now my selfmade fields have cows...Im so happy that I've named the first cow that I have plopped: jeronij.
next up the transparent based barn and hay...we don't want jeronij to be cold and hungry now do we...

:D :D :D

Andreas

And don't forget the ploppable SFBT Cow Pat (also with transparent base), which makes pastures much more realistic. ;)
Andreas

jplumbley

Quote from: capo on October 09, 2007, 03:21:28 PM

Mmmmm.... Steak.  :satisfied:

Oh wait I dont want to eat Jeronij, that would mean we have SC4D..  But.. its just so tastey  ()stsfd()
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

capo

Quote from: jplumbley on October 10, 2007, 07:45:51 AM
Mmmmm.... Steak.  :satisfied:

Oh wait I dont want to eat Jeronij, that would mean we have SC4D..  But.. its just so tastey  ()stsfd()

Is there someone who would be willing to create a 'forbidden to eat the livestock' sign with BAT? : ;D

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

jeronij

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

CasperVg

Is a special approach needed if you would like the base texture to be unexistant but you would still want a overlay texture?
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

callagrafx

Quote from: caspervg on June 05, 2008, 08:09:40 AM
Is a special approach needed if you would like the base texture to be unexistant but you would still want a overlay texture?

That path leads to the dark side.................
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

jeronij

Indeed. The "Black Hole" will eat your lot  ;)
The only work around I am aware is to create a prop which simulates the overlay, and place it on a transparent lot. However, depending on the use you want to give to the lot, it may not work well. Specially if you plan to place it on slopes, or it will be a part of some sort of modular set. For those cases, special models would be needed, and even so, the result is not always 100% satisfactory. I created something similar to that for my Street Side Mod, the parking bays, but the technique may work for your idea or may not work  ::)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

CasperVg

Well as it's only for personal use, I can handle the black-hole bug. Please explain how to do it, because when I try using the technique above, the whole lot ends up being transparent (the overlay dissapears)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube