• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Graphics Corruption

Started by CindyRae, June 22, 2012, 09:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CindyRae

After I play a city for awhile, I get some graphical corruption that won't go away.  Kind looks like a little bomb went off in various areas, leaving a white explosion behind, slightly bigger than a square.

You can see this at http://www.flickr.com/photos/80977503@N04/.

I have not seen it (yet?) playing my "base" SC4 RH (+ EP1 + bldgprop files + SC4UpdateBAT), but I have seen it with NAM, NWM, SAM, HSRP, RHW, Bridge Height Mod, BRF Tunnel and Slope Mod, RTMT, DAMN Menus, and the basic CAM installed. 

I tried going back to the base and slowly adding components.  It seemed find until RTMT and CAM, but perhaps I just didn't play the cities long enough to get the glitch to occur.

Resolution doesn't matter, and it shows up on a Windows 7 laptop and a Windows XP Pro virtual machine.  Software vs. hardware rendering doesn't seem to matter, except maybe a little slower to occur with hardware rendering.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Cindy

triplennn86

Check your garbage levels, as these random piles of garbage often show up if the garbage in your city has nowhere else to go.

CindyRae

Thanks for the reply!

I've run two cities with good garbage collection for awhile; no sign of the corruption, er, random garbage piles.  Too bad I had to ditch the other maps I built up (the corrupted piles never go away).

Indiana Joe

Those are perfectly normal garbage piles.  No glitch here.  You just need better garbage collection: bigger landfill, more recycling centers.  Until you have NO yellow spots on the Garbage Data View, those piles will always show up.