• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Osturland

Started by Yoder7652, March 31, 2007, 12:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strechnitz

As the games progress the winners keep pouring in. :)

My congratulations again to all the participating countries who have won bronze, silver, or gold medals these last few days! &apls

And espesially the bronze medal in gymnastics, won by Osturland, the host that made these games possible. :thumbsup:

Strechnitz
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

bat

Congrats to all new winners! &apls

M4346

Congratulations to all the nations palming in the medals! A special congratulations to Casanares, United Nations of Movia and Osturland.  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

NikNik

To all Medal winners: Congratulations.

Is Lacrosse indeed an Olympic game?

LOL.

Nik-Nik

Yoder7652

and now a few replies from the creator.... :D

@Bat - Thanks, I can't believe I've passed 400 replies, time flies when your having fun...huh!

@Belfastuniguy -  Well I believe that Atlantis is performing very well in the games. According to the medal table, you are 7th overall with 2 gold and 2 bronze...congrats! It has been fun hosting the games and if the Simlympic Committee decides to ever have a winter Simlympics then I might have to bid for that too...although it'll have to be awhile since I'll be recovering from this bid for a little bit  :D

@Bat 2nd - Indeed, Congrats! Thanks Bat!

@Slacker - Thanks for your comments! I've tried to make it realistic as possible by looking at real-life Olympic parks like Barcelona, Sydney, and Athens...It seems to me that many individuals usually put way too many venues in one location (mainly the Simlympic Park), but in real life they are always spread all over the city and often in surrounding cities. I tried to include the venues that are most often in an Olympic Park. Also, I tried to create something that I would be proud to have stand in my city long after the Simlympics is over. Luckily, the facilities will still get used due to events such as the annual Osturland Games and the Osturland Tennis Open. Yes, the bridge from La Roche is the connection of two bats, but the avenue is lotted so they are not overhanging props...at any rate I'm glad you liked the convention center. Actually the Velodrome was made by someone in Blam (can't remember who at the moment) but the velodrome is one of only a couple of buildings that I did not BAT. You can find it on STEX. The base texture is also from a creation at STEX. I believe it came from a monument that someone over there created...I liked it because it was different than what you normaly see but not overbearing since the colors are fairly subdue. The village is a creation by Jsteed (I think) and I really didn't do much to it other than change the base texture because I think the lotting was already nicely done. The Tennis Courts is probably my favorite (or maybe second favorite after the main stadium) too. It is modeled after the courts from the recent Athens Olympics, but Lee pointed out on the BSC board that he thinks that their design was based on court 2 at Wimbledon, so in a round about way it was the inspiration  :P I think you are right about the batting of the swim center...actually I batted 2 swim centers since there is an indoor one (NSC Natatorium) as well at the existing site of the National Sports Complex (zone 2). Well I hope to get all of these creations on LEX in the coming months...I will have a bit of re-lotting to do and they will all need to be modded before they are ready so everyone will have to be patient in the mean-time. The main stadium is a favorite for me and while Timo did like 90% of the work I do have a significant amount of time invested in it, finishing the seats (what a tedious process). I also liked the way the cauldron came out, it is based on the one from the Atlanta games back in 1996 (?) I believe. Glad you liked the monument...I was pleased with how it turned out.

Glad to hear you liked the tv broadcast! Yes, HRH is definately a superstar in Osturland so it was only fitting that he run the last leg...although it was a short leg since he is so not as young as he used to be (he will soon be turning 80).

Thanks for the compliment on being the best you've seen so far. I truely appreciate it. Hopefully the closing ceremony and highlights will not disappoint.  It was a pleasure to finally get to host the games!

@EJC - Thanks, I'm glad you like my work....As for a special MD...I'm honored!

@Strechnitz - Yes, the games have been keeping me busy! I'm hoping that Osturland wins some more medals (only 3 to date..gold,silver,& bronze). I've noticed that Stropon's name is not among those nations currently competing in the Simlympics...that will have to be changed for future games! :D ;D such an impressive nation should have a seat at the winners table in the games  ;)

@Bat 3rd - Thanks for providing the winners of their deserving congratulations!

@Madeira - Indeed, much has been happening with the Simlympics...lots of events and new winners daily (even if I don't get them posted daily) :D ;D Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

@Fledder200 - Well I was wondering where you were  :D ;D Well like Strechnitz with Stropon, Liaane should definately be represented in the next Simlympics! You'll have to be sure and sign up before the next one starts...you've got plenty of time though, I don't think it happens again until december. You are on time for the closing ceremony, you should see it in the coming days (maybe the beginning of next week or so).  As always, thanks for stopping by!

@Strechnitz 2nd - Thanks...we had hoped for the gold, but will settle for a bronze. As always, I appreciate your comments!

@ Bat 4th - I can always count on you to pour praises on the winners...thanks Bat!

@M4346 - Thanks...indeed some nations are doing much better than others...I think Osturland is around the middle of the pack or so...we'll just take any medals we can get. Thanks for commenting M!

@Nik Nik - Thanks for words of congratulations to our winners...ah indeed Lacrosse is a Simlympic event, but I'm not sure about an Olympic event. There are several events included in the Simlympics that are not represented in the Olympics (such as tug-of-war). On the simlympic website you can make a case for why a sport should be added if you like...see the ISC is much more flexible than the folks from the Olympics...just try and petition them to have your favorite sport added to the Olympics  $%Grinno$% :D :D ;D

Thanks to all....I'm still working on the next update so hopefully I'll have it ready by the beginning of next week or so. Cheers!

M4346

Well it has indeed been my pleasure keeping up with the events at the Simlympics and I can't wait to hear about the fate of the respective countries! :P Although, I must say it is not as exciting as the 2007 Rugby World Cup, I do enjoy staying up to date!  :thumbsup:

You have done a marvellous job thus far, an effort worthy of being immortalised in the books and hall of fame of the ISC.  ;D
New Horizons Productions

bat

Looking forward to the next update at the beginning "of next week or so". ;)

pipishere

sorry i haven't been posting but have been a tad busy lately. Wow RC won a gold at jumping?! Goodness me, such a shock lol.

A big well done to medal winners :)

thundercrack83

You have certainly been an amazing host for the Simlympics, my friend! Outstanding job! I'll be looking forward to seeing what you have planned for the closing ceremonies and for the future!

callbat

:) &apls

Excellent work! i just recently found this while i was searching throught the forum and youve done a marvellous job!! :)

Badsim

Hello Ryan , you didn't use to be absent for a so long time , at without any information ... so I begin to worry , I hope this is just a question of lack of time .   :(

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

M4346

Yes, I am sure that Ryan is just overwhelmed with RLS at the moment, what with his obligations and responsibilities with the new addition to the family and all that.  ;D

I trust that he, and his family, are doing well and that he will be back again shortly to amaze us with the splendour of Osturland.  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions

Emperor Stormont

Yeah he has been really busy with teaching this semester and of course gorgeous baby Reid, we all await yet more glorious wonders from Osturland.

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Yoder7652

ahhh...elusive time.

Sorry everyone that I have not had time to write a proper update of Osturland. I actually still have an unfinished update from the end of the simlympics hanging around on my computer that I've yet to finish. I've not had time to even open SC4 in almost two months (no batting has been taking place either)! I haven't even been visiting SC4Devotion very regularly as I hardly ever sit down at my computer except to do work. I've been busy being a stay at home parent during the days with my son, Reid, and I've been teaching at university in the evenings. My wife and I have also been doing some traveling as well. She is finishing her last year of medical school and we've been going to interviews. The weekends have been consumed with writing my dissertation when we are not traveling. Last week I finished teaching for the quarter (finals happen this week) and I am hopefully a couple weeks away from turning in a first draft of my dissertation. Don't hold your breath, but I'm going to try and get the last simlympic update done in the coming weeks and maybe I'll have some time for a proper update. Thanks for the concern everyone (Badsim in particular). Take care!

Krio

M4346

Ah, it's a relief to know that you are still alive and kicking and that things are going well that side.  :thumbsup:

Good luck with your endeavours and don't worry too much about us update-eager crazy people barking up your tree - Real life concerns come first.

Also, all the best with your dissertation! From what I've gathered (observing those around me in advanced years) it is quite a daunting and time-consuming task and accordingly I can't wait to do mine! :P So if I may ask, is this your Masters dissertation? And in what field is it / what is it on?  ;D

Anyway, keep well, stay safe and all the best!

Regards,
Marius
New Horizons Productions

Badsim

Who are you ?  :D

Well , that's a great new ...  $%Grinno$% ... I can wait now serenely as long as necessary . :thumbsup:

Best whishes to you and your family . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

kwakelaar

Nice to hear from you again Ryan, and I thought so much that you would be rather busy with baby Reid.
Good luck with your dissertation. :thumbsup:

Strechnitz

A cordial invitation for his majesty.

Strech.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.