• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Height of NAM pieces?

Started by Krio, August 21, 2007, 05:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krio

Yes, the subject says the question. What is the height of normal puzzle piece (e.g road over rail)? Because I have some building ideas in my mind.. &Thk/(

Swamper77

The raised roadways are at 15 meters. So are the pedestrian footbridges.

The raised heavy rail puzzle pieces are at 15.5 meters, just like the elevated rail tracks that Maxis provided with Rush Hour/Deluxe.

These values are the heights at which the traffic is traveling at (network surface) above the ground.

-Swamper77
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Krio

simzebu

A small addendum to that: Where could I find a model of the PPs for avenue? I'd like to try out a few things that I would need the model for...
Known as Embolalia in numerous other places.

Penguins, Python, and Programming, oh my!

Swamper77

The models for the Avenue puzzle pieces are kept in the NAM files. You will have to extract one of them yourself with the Reader. When you find the model you want, there should be a button labeled "3DS Functions" to the right, above the 3D model preview. One of the options is to export as a 3DS, which can be used in almost any 3D modeling program. Then you can import the exported model into your 3D modeling program(s).

Each of the Avenue puzzle pieces is composed of a minimum of 2 models. The preview models are single models with multiple parts.

-Swamper77
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

simzebu

Known as Embolalia in numerous other places.

Penguins, Python, and Programming, oh my!