• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

I80 Streetlight Mods -Great American Streetlight Mod BETA2 ready for Download!

Started by Interstate80, December 23, 2007, 03:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

Quote from: Interstate80 on May 17, 2008, 02:32:33 PM
It's only 80kb but when i drag the zipped folder into the post

When previewing your post, there's a line to the left saying "Additional Options...".
Click that one and you'll know how to attach files to your post! ;)

Interstate80

I got it thank you RippleJet

Interstate80

I made rural wood poles for agriculture zones.  They would also look good as a random prop in low density areas where streetlights are spread out more.

These can downloaded for use in lot editor as well.enjoy ()stsfd()

MandelSoft

Downloaded the files. Thanks a lot, man  :thumbsup:!

EDIT: Bad news! The lightpoles are facing the wrong way. They should be turned 90o counter-clockwise. This is essential for replacing the standard lightpoles.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Interstate80

Does that mean i have to re-render them faceing the other direction for them to work?

MandelSoft

Yes, you have to re-render the models, unfortunately. This was also my first mistake (my first lampposts were facing away from the road).

Interstate80

Ok I'll have to fix that. I didn't even realize that made a difference.

Rodney99

OMG! WOW! :) Those streetlights look exactly like the ones i see on the freeways in Perth Australia. They would look excellent as part of the LRP. Any Chance they would be released as ploppable versions? ::) I would very much enjoy plopping these streetlights along side my RHW at different widths and styles. Excellent work! I wish you all the best with this project :thumbsup: And thank you for creating yet another stunning addition to the game :)

Interstate80

Here's the fixed models.

j-dub

:thumbsup: Thank you! This is exactly the type of American Streetlights I wanted, now that some of these are availble to try, I can see what it looks like lit up in game!

Interstate80

Your welcome j-dub.  I'll be releasing other sets as soon as i get them rendered into the game.  I can't wait to see these lit up and working in the game!  Rodney99 your welcome.  I do plan on making ploppable lots once the streetlights are lit and working.  I actually thought about doing that when i first started this project.  They would definitly be usefull. 

j-dub

You said you can't wait to see it lit, up, well here it is!

Pat

J-dub did you lot or T21 them??? I see you also got the wooden power poles done!!! WOW I want!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

j-dub

Unfortanetly they are lotted, I don't think they actually light up.The light coming down is from something Pegasus did, and the rural poles are from SFBT. I don't even know where I got the light source or why that even works, because I thought the power lines were just decorative.

Swamper77

J-dub,

Lots carry power. That is how the rural power lines are "carrying" power. ;)

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Interstate80

MandelSoft

Here's the first set, ready for usage.

I've changed a bit of the placement of the lights:

Lamp 1 is used for LD-medium/high wealth residential zones and it replaces all standard low wealth lights on every lot.
Lamp 2 is used for industrial streets
Lamp 3 is used for LD-all wealth commercial zones
Lamp 4 is used for MD-ressidential zones and industrial roads
Lamp 5 is used for LD-low wealth ressidential zones

NOTE: This file only includes a replacement for the T21-exemplars from Maxis. Custom mods (like Jeronij's Street Side Mod) are not done yet.

And I checked if the file is working, and it works (so that the problem with empty zip files won't occur).

Best,
MRTNRLN

Interstate80

mrtnrln these look so sweet lit up and working :thumbsup:.  Thanks for getting these in the game.  I have some bat screenshots to show everyone.

MandelSoft

They are looking good, I-80. And by the way, congratulations you made it to the ITC-Team :thumbsup:

Interstate80

Thank you mrtmrln.  These look really cool lit up in the game.  My only complaint is the lightcones look like they're too far back.  They should be coming out the front of the light fixture.