• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

UK Road Textures; Releasing files for a new developer...

Started by jonoboo, July 10, 2009, 05:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonoboo

I wasnt sure where to post this, but I thought this would be the best place.

Unfortunately I have been unable to develop this mod further due to studying for my GCSE's (which are now over, thank god).

After checking Simtropolis for the links on the UK Road Mod thread, all were broken, so I have found the files on a back-up disk and uploaded them again.

These files are free to use, edit, modify, redistribute and everything else except use for commercial purposes.

This mod has been released to allow people to download the files again if needed, but mainly for another willing person to continue its development. All development files which I found on the back-up disk are here along with a few things I was experimenting with.

Thanks, Jonoboo (Jono01 of Simtropolis)

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=9a02155b64dc299ae7c82ed4b8f0c380bc402d545f51ef11b8eada0a1ae8665a
Meh!

nerdly_dood

I'm sure plenty of users will find this mod utterly marvelous... and I surely know how to create a large road texture mod, but I dont' know enough about UK road markings to be sure I'll do them properly... (Plus I'm quite busy with automata modding)

Still, it's good that you posted this here, it'll make a lot of people very happy! :thumbsup:
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Dexter

I few months ago, I was playing about with the UK road textures, and came up with these:

Unfortunately, they don't align properly , but this problem also exists with Maxis textures because for some reason they were created 1px off-centre, and so when rotated, they misalign. The new 3RR textures created by Dedgren are much better quality, so maybe (with his permission) I could create a UK set based of of them.

I have found, annoyingly that the game flips some textures, making stop and give-way markings undesirable on those tiles (The third texture above has the problem). Is there any way around this?

Another lot of textures I made when I was bored was this (although the signals are facing the wrong way  &mmm):

It's a pity we can't have functional bus-lanes, because they add a lot of realism if your from around London.

Edit:

Who here would like the default grey concrete street texture swapped by the asphalt texture in the SAM mod? Most of the streets where I live are asphalt and the many of the ones that aren't are being resurfaced. I don't know much about modding, nor if it would be possible to replace the asphalt SAM textures with the maxis textures just for users of the UK road mod.
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

sithlrd98

Quote from: Dexter on August 06, 2009, 09:08:12 AM
Who here would like the default grey concrete street texture swapped by the asphalt texture in the SAM mod? Most of the streets where I live are asphalt and the many of the ones that aren't are being resurfaced. I don't know much about modding, nor if it would be possible to replace the asphalt SAM textures with the maxis textures just for users of the UK road mod.

Well I can say there is at least one other person:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=8364.msg260765#msg260765

As far as the textures...awesome looking. I think the best thing to do is to ask David if you need his permission to alter them , just to be on the safe side. Also , remember that there are many textures that look the same but are scattered through the NAM dats and the Maxis ones. I look forward to your progress!

Jayson

WannGLondon

Call me Warren.

mpkio2

Quote from: Dexter on August 06, 2009, 09:08:12 AM
I few months ago, I was playing about with the UK road textures, and came up with these:

Unfortunately, they don't align properly , but this problem also exists with Maxis textures because for some reason they were created 1px off-centre, and so when rotated, they misalign. The new 3RR textures created by Dedgren are much better quality, so maybe (with his permission) I could create a UK set based of of them.

I have found, annoyingly that the game flips some textures, making stop and give-way markings undesirable on those tiles (The third texture above has the problem). Is there any way around this?

Another lot of textures I made when I was bored was this (although the signals are facing the wrong way  &mmm):

It's a pity we can't have functional bus-lanes, because they add a lot of realism if your from around London.

Edit:

Hey Dexter,

Newbie to the cite. Sorry for opening up a forum from time ago, but is there anyway you could implimant the UK Bus Lanes from the pic into the game. It looks to be working in the picture you posted, so what seems to be the problem in importing it into the game? I really want to add it to my game for added realism as I already have the UK Road Texture mod from you (Which is awesome by the way!  ;D)

Hope you reply (Please? *Puppy do eyes*).

~mpkio2~

libellibicus

sharekey=9a02155b64dc299ae7c82ed4b8f0c380bc402d545f51ef11b8eada0a1ae8665a[/url]
[/quote]
Is there any way that this could be unlocked on Mediafire? Please help me Jono, I'm desperate for this