• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

OK after lot of work let me show u the "RCR"(REAL CITY ROAD(

Started by doctor25, January 16, 2010, 09:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctor25

you need to play to understad it, sorry
i dont know how to tell u

dragonshardz

Maybe you could post a beta link and let the NAM Team play with it?

doctor25

now we need tobuild it not to play
i need to make more changes
and ruls

i'll try to relese a beta in a few days 

we also need translators to the rhw
im new here and i dont know nobody

so if anyone can help with textures! it help!!!
volonteres, plz send me massage

Haljackey

j-dub

Aw man, you look like you put a lot of hard work and time into this Doctor25, at the same time there is a huge resemblance to how Tarkus' NWM network widening mod has been implemented. I recall that when a narrow four lane draggable network was started before that it required a sidewalk setup on one side of the road, similar to what you have set up. Eventually, there ended up being a 4 lane road on only one tile, called the NMave, kind of like what you have, except without the sidewalk tiles. There also is the regular Mave which stands for Medianless Avenue. That required 2 tiles to drag, but ended up being based off the road network in order to get that style avenue to be built. The difference is the sidewalks though. This concept I have not so far seen, and the difference with your four lane road is the turning paths. Slip lanes were originally going to be made draggable for the NWM but I think it was decided to use a different approach, slip lanes were also being developed for another mod unrelated to the NWM, but its interesting that you came up with some for your corners. So we have not one, not two, but three similar mods in development.

Jonathan

Indeed there are similarities but the wide sidewalk is new, and more importantly doctor25 has created all this in an incredibly short time :)

Jonathan

j-dub

Yikes! I would be careful with that. Yes the doctor has, at the same time though, the NWM involves multiple networks. I do have to admit seeing these houses on these large sidewalks is something else. With that, couldn't this new network be allowed to use maybe the existing NAM ped mall tiles?

wes.janson

Quote from: j-dub on January 18, 2010, 12:26:04 PM
With that, couldn't this new network be allowed to use maybe the existing NAM ped mall tiles?

This is what I was wondering... draggable pedmalls would be a godsend.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

choco

i just gave this a test run....some very promising work, doctor25!  :thumbsup: 

not much to worry about this conflicting with the NWM....i think the textures are only temporary anyway.  this was a very quick start to some complicated modding, so im quite eager to see what this may turn out to be. 

keep up the good work!! :)

Monorail Master

I, Matthew Brian Green IV, is speechlees for the first time. My AP Calculus teacher saw and read this, and he's speechless. I can't wait for this beta to be released.

&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

GOOD JOB DUDE!!!!!!!!!!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

j-dub

mightygoose

Well hello, way to cause a stir... welcome to the community.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Nexis4Jersey

wow , interesting , but it needs some HD textures , make it a Euro-American twist :P

Monorail Master

I don't like it in HD. That = slow computer for me. I just want to download it. It looks so freaking awesome.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination