• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Tranports Inc.

Started by vester, January 19, 2012, 09:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Thank you Kelis.

As you might have seen I added some extra skins to the passenger engines.

Well I did the same with freight engines:

These are added to the additional mods.

threestooges

Arne, you've lost it. Off the deep end. Couple fries short of a Happy Meal. Wacko. All in the best possible way.

To not only make a full set of E (F) Units for passenger rail, and a practically complete set of matching passenger cars, but to also make a matching set of freight engines, that's above and beyond the call of duty. Very nice work, and a great variety added to the rail network in game.
-Matt

Jack_wilds

luv those new engine color... especially on the CNW and the Milwaukee road... big THX... this train set just keeps expanding, a super well done... just promise to finish it and upload  ;D :P  when it is done...  ;)  :thumbsup:

vester

Matt: Yes I am NUTs :D

... and I keep going:

Kansas City Southern

[click to enlarge]

c.p.

Wow, those are beautiful.  Great work :thumbsup:

vester

Thank you, Brian.

Sort of looking for one last color scheme to do to rap it up to an even 30 trains.
Any last suggestions.....

My thought have been on

Northern Pacific Pine Tree.
Found it as a model train:

Might just "borrow" the colors from this model.

or Wabash Bluebird:

or...... ?

Don't be shy. Last change to have a say.

APSMS

Hmm. Tough decision, but I think I like the Northern Pacific Pine tree ever so slightly better, with the whole green and yellow accents.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

c.p.

Easy decision for me.   The Northern Pacific ran through my hometown, and played a big role in its development, so I vote for it.  ;D

vester

Here is a version of the Northern Pacific Pine Tree color scheme:

BTW: Brian already did the green color scheme:

Jack_wilds

like the 'pine tree' one too   :thumbsup:

APSMS

Looks good, Arne. Nice clean lines.

I find c.p.'s vote kind of funny in that regard, if he already made a trainskin for you.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

vester

Nothing much to tell. Just want to let you know I am still around.

Did one more extra skin for a freight engine:

Trying to get my head around the NSIS installer script.

c.p.

Very nice :thumbsup:

I love both version of the Northern Pacific &apls

Quote from: APSMS on March 31, 2014, 07:38:43 PM
I find c.p.'s vote kind of funny in that regard, if he already made a trainskin for you.

I didn't make any train skins. $%Grinno$%   Arne was just pointing out that he had already made a green version of the Northern Pacific, which I had missed - (the text is pretty small (that's my excuse :D))

vester

Thank you Brian. Glad you like them.

Working on the installer:

So far there is only 4 mods of each type. Will add the rest when it function as I like it to.

Getting some help from Mark / droric.

vester

Updated the Great Northern Empire Builder:

Add an extra one-level car and 3 bi-level cars.

Rayden

Very nice work Arne, I can see I will have a lot of trouble choosing which one I like best. ;)

Mad_genius

Quote from: vester on April 09, 2014, 11:37:33 AMWorking on the installer...

First of all, congratulations for the amasing work that has been made with all the train skins.
Is it possible to show a small preview image in the installer window when a train skin is selected? This would allow the user to quickly see which skin he/she wants without having to remember the names of the various skins.

vester

Have been thinking of doing something like that, but....

first of all, I am note a coder

and...

be searching the net for solutions that I could used....

still haven't found anything.

vester

Quote from: Mad_genius on April 11, 2014, 01:42:05 AM
Is it possible to show a small preview image in the installer window when a train skin is selected? This would allow the user to quickly see which skin he/she wants without having to remember the names of the various skins.

I did find a script for showing preview images on mouse over, but I couldn't figure out how to get it to work with so many mods....

.... and with the amount of work needed to do compared with the time saved for the users, its not worth it.

I rather spend my time creating stuff, that doing coding.

Almost done with the installer. Getting closer to uploading this package.

droric

As someone who has already seen the installer already great work on everything Arne.  Im sure this will be a crowd pleaser.   &apls

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro