• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Aaron Graham's BATs

Started by Aaron Graham, February 28, 2011, 01:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girafe

Your texture are amazing,

where do you pick them ?

Really good job  &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Aaron Graham

sim_vern- Thank you, and to put a pigeon coop on one of the roofs of the building I will need and image of that or so, if you do not mined posting an image of an pigeon coop so I can give it a try.

peter007 - Thank you, the trees are going to be green. someone was saying I should use seasonal trees, but I have to thing about that.

supremec- Thank you, I hope you did not make to much of a mess. :p

Sciurus- Thank you!!!!

kapete- Thank you!!!!

Girafe- Thank you!!!! I have looked around for some clean bricks and then in photoshop I add some dirty ness to them, like using the burn tool in photoshop and then I went layer and made a new layer then went to filter on the tool bar on photoshop  and clicked on render, and then clicked on clouds, the clouds add some darkness and some light ness to the bricks like real life, and in the layers area where is say normal I have played around with it to see which one best works for the building, I used hardmix for the Hogan apartments, then I play with the opacity, for the Hogan Apartments I have put it to 53% on the opacity. In the layers you can link the layer so you can change the brightness and the contrast, that's in the Image roll out on photoshop, it at the top of the screen next to edit, then click on adjustments to fix up the texture brightness/ contrast, like I side before and you can change the Hue and the color Balance in photoshop, I'm sure it not to different you you maybe using GIMP. Right lately I have been using the same brick textures for alot of my buildings, I just fix it up so it do not look the same, one reason way is because I feel this is the best brick textures I have ever made ;)

For the roof texture, I use the maxis roof texture and I have fixed it up in photoshop, buy layering other texture with it and use the burn tool, then I pick some areas that's going to be drak or light as you can see on the NYBT Bainbridge Row. :)

NYBT Bainbridge Row

Here's an update to one of my Bainbridge Row Apartments as most of you know they are slope friendly. I have fixed the textures to the building so it can looks a lot better, I hope you guys like it, I have stood up all night to fixing this building textures and the the best I can.

South

East

North

West

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

sim_vern

Here's a few.  Of course, I had to include Tyson and the first one is actually from the Bronx!  If you can add the effects of the birds flying around that would even make it better! I believe you can get away with using the birds that fly around the landfill.

This is Tyson's and is in Brooklyn.  I think he has a show on Animal Planet.

Aaron Graham

sim_vern- Thank you these will look better not on a highrise but on a six story tentment apartments. ;D

NYBT Bainbridge Row

Here's an update on the Bainbrige Row Apartments, I have added the night light tell me what you think, I have all so shown the Glare Parameters settings. :D

http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/3048/bainbridgerownightlight.png
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

DaveN

Fantastic job. It might look easy but you can see the magnitude of the building work involved.

Congratulations.

sim_vern

@Aaron- Yes, that is usually where you will find them. Sorry for not making myself clear about where they should go.

antn

Quote from: Aaron Graham on April 24, 2011, 06:21:23 PM
sim_vern- Thank you these will look better not on a highrise but on a six story tentment apartments. ;D

NYBT Bainbridge Row

Here's an update on the Bainbrige Row Apartments, I have added the night light tell me what you think, I have all so shown the Glare Parameters settings. :D

Good work! Your perspective renders of the Bainbridge Apartments is beautiful.
To me the glare is a bit to prominent on the darknite render but looks fine on the maxis night render, it's not same settings in both renders is it? I would turn down the spread of glare in the darknite version, maybe weight too.

peter007

Great nightlights.
The glare makes the scene a bit romantic.
You only have to make a few trees and a couple dozen of flowers and then it's perfect in the night.

-Ernst

Aaron Graham

Jack_wilds- Thank you, I think the brick can be a little better. :)

peter007- Thank you!!!!!

antn- Thank you, the setting are the same in 3ds Max Design 11, I think a lot of the glare will not show up in the game, but I will have to export it to see. :)

sim_vern-That's ok. :)

DaveN- Thank you!!!!

NYBT Kingsbridge Apartments

Here's a pictures of my kingsbridge Apartments, I have finally put some textures on it. If the textures look good to you guys I will move on to night lights and then work on the next building. :)

South

East

North

West

mattb325

Quote from: Aaron Graham on April 28, 2011, 07:16:14 PM
If the textures look good to you guys I will move on to night lights and then work on the next building. :)

They look good to me  :thumbsup:

kapete

I love the way you make the inside window-details  &apls

What is that greeny thing on the east view?

Aaron Graham

mattb325 - Thank you, I will soon post the night lights image. I have already finished them. :D

kapete- Thank you, The windows to me is not that hard, Now the green thing on the side of the wall is graffti on the building, there's some buildings in New York City that has graffiti. :)

Worthington Apartments

Here's a pictures of my Worthington Apartments, I have finally put it in Max. :) I want to make my worthington Apartment to look sort of like Jasoncw Image below, he out it in photoshop to help my out but I failed to make it good enough. :( I have fix some of the modeling to match with Jasoncw picture :)

South

East

West

Edit I decided to add more pictures becasue I have update my NYBT Thread over at Simtropolis. :D

NYBT Kingsbridge Apartments

Here's some pictures of my kingsbridge Apartments, I have added the night lights. :)

NYBT Park Towers Apartments

Here's the Park Tower's I have added the front lower part of the building, added more detail and roof junk. :D

South

West

So sorry for not having the East and North Views. :P

peter007

Those buildings look spectecular.
Especially the rear side of the building in the second pic.

-Ernst

io_bg

Nice progress, I'm looking forward to using these in my cities :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Evillions8

Uhhmmm... Wow, just wow...  :thumbsup:

Awesome work!  &apls  I don't know how you do all of this, just awesome.  ;)

Aaron Graham

peter007 - Thank you!!!!

io_bg - Thank you!!!!

Evillions8- Thank you, It's a lot of work to do all these buildings at the same time, I'm in over drive right now on my bats. :D

Hogan Apartments

Here's the Hogan Apartments night lights I hope you like them, I want to export this building today, if the night light look good to you guys. :)

NYBT Kingbridge Apartments

Here's Kingbidge Apartments Night light only for dark night, I'm still having a hard time having the settings to take affect :( . :) Do you guys think it's to much glare??? If not I can export this building and NYBT bainbridge Row and maybe Graham Apartments. :D

On dark night I always wanted to asked this question is there a way to stop this from happening, I hate it so bad when this happen, way can't the light can only turn on in steas of the building going to night mode.

Jack_wilds

...looks good to go to me  :thumbsup:

peter007

Great progress.
You overrun me every update.
I think your problem has to do with night mods. Wasn't it that you need darknite now in that building?

supremec

It's amazing &apls &apls, but it's unhappy that I make more european cities &mmm and I always drool so much  &apls &apls
Click on the banner to see my BATs

DaveN

Another great buildings.  &apls

You can see them American style, and so wrote my predecessor, I could hardly use them in my European cities, but this NYBT Park Towers Apartments already give much better for use in the European style, but rather strongly as Office Building.

Well done.
Now look forward to what the effect of texturing on the buildings create.
Regards.