• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Aaron Graham's BATs

Started by Aaron Graham, February 28, 2011, 01:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Graham

Frex_Ceafus- Thank you!!

Sciurus- Thank you!!

AlexandrosB13- Thank you, I'm glad you have posted on my other thread. :D

Buzzit- Thank you!!

Park Towers Apartments

I have textured the chairs a little, and added some bushes to some of the lucky the balconies. Do you guys thin I need to added more chairs and bushes to the balconies. I you guys think I need to added more?? I have removed the tables the guys at Simtropolis said that the balconies are to small for tables, they said chairs and plant would work. :)

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Girafe

Good work  ;)

Have you tried to render your windows in a different way - apply a glass mat (high reflective) and put an environmental map.
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

supremec

Good work!  &apls  &apls That is really nice to add some small beautiful details  :thumbsup:
Click on the banner to see my BATs

Aaron Graham

Girafe- Thank you, I have not really tried to do my windows like that on this building, you think it will look better if I do it a different way?

supremec- Thank you!!
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Girafe

I seriously don't know. As your textures for glass are well done, it gives the illusion of real glass.
It works for small windows with stuff in front like balcony.
Regarding bigger ones, it's less realistic but don't know if real glass could be good.

It for this reason I asked you if you already tried it. (with a good environmental map and high reflexion it could work  &Thk/()

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Aaron Graham

I can give it a try, I have not really done this on any of my buildings. :)

O yea a question, when said add and environmental map do you mean make a ground plane and added the textures to it? Just want to make sure. :P

Aaron Graham

NYBT Park Towers Apartments

I still want to add more the balconies. :D

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8540/parktowerspic01.jpg

mattb325

I realy like how this apartment is coming along!!! :thumbsup:

Quote from: Aaron Graham on August 31, 2011, 06:19:34 PM

I still want to add more the balconies. :D

Maybe a couple of towels hung over the railings here and there? Or some of those split-system air conditioner units to deal with the oh-so-muggy NY summers? Both of those are very simple meshes, will create variety and won't drag the render to a halt (although slow rendering times are more akin to GMAX than anything else).
:)

Frex_Ceafus

I can't wait to downoad this!!! Your buildings all look good in my cities  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

metarvo

Nice work, Aaron!  I like how you're varying the decor on the balconies and windows, so that each one doesn't look exactly the same.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

IDS

Wow Aaron this is really fabulous  ;D We can definitely use these residentials and I'm a big fan of the highrises.

Aaron Graham

Sorry on updates, let me do the replies. :P

mattb325- Thank you so much. :D

Frex_Ceafus- Thank you!! :D

metarvo- Thank you, i am trying my best to make it look good. :D

IDS- Thank you!!

Aaron Graham

Graham Apartments

Looks what's back, yep and I have worked on the trees a little, tell me what you guys think about the trees. :) Right now I'm run over 1,000,000 polygon, so I do know the trees are to blame, it's not bothering my rendering, but it is bothering my scene with the little lag, but that only in realistic mode so I can see what it will look like before the render, so it's no big deal, I'm so glad for layers. :)

Here's a small update on my building I have change to glass, it was just a test, i have added more to the balconies I may just add more. :)

To me the glass looks a whole lot better on the second image, I think I need to remove the ground plane and see where that takes me. :)

Jack_wilds

really really neat in may ways... wish I had something of real substance to add I just simply like what I see... the improvements to my 'favorite' -the AG apartments, bat is so notable it can't compare to the original v1  :thumbsup:

Aaron Graham

Jack_wilds- Thank you, this version of the Graham Apartments truly kills the older version. :)

Graham Apartments

Here's a Day, maxis nite, and dark nite renders of my apartments I hope you like it if you do we can go into the exporting faze of the building, and that means soon it will be uploaded to the STEX and SC4 Devotion LEX. :)

Day

Maxis Nite

Dark Nite

DaveN

Graham Apartments is great. As usual, the texture at the highest level. For this perfectly reproduced details. Although my area does not affirm such an architecture, it is becoming more like the American architecture. Once again, great job. I congratulate and look forward to further projects.

Girafe

Good job,

Trees are finally intagrated in the BAT?
The Floraler

Aaron Graham

DaveN- Thank you. :D

Girafe Yes there are intagrated in the BAT, do you like it or not. I seill do want to make a pack if trees maybe one day we can work together to make a pack of trees, what do you think. :D

Graham Apartments

I have fix the concrete cornice and I have darken the chimney part darker. :D

North

South

East

West

Aaron Graham

Graham Apartment

Here's a in game image, I had to make sure they will look good with the new Nam 4 lane roads, so it looks like it's time to do another export because of the grey look near the trees on the right of the building, I will have to make the back ground match with the trees. :D

Aaron Graham

I have did little on this building, because all this week I have been trying to figure out what I want to make next for NYBT, I have worked on the area before you get to the lobby but still not much. Maybe you guys can show me something that residential that I can make. :)