• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Aaron Graham's BATs

Started by Aaron Graham, February 28, 2011, 01:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

sunv123

Quote from: Girafe on February 02, 2013, 06:58:20 PM
Looks good  :satisfied:
Second that.

Hmm, Aaron Era Clothing? Sunny's Sun Tans? Simcorp Bank? Lol, endless possibilities.
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Simcoug

Awesome work here, as always. 

sunv123's comment made me think of Goliath National Bank as a possible store  ;D

Aaron Graham

selles- Thank you, I happy to know you like my buildings. :D

Girafe- Thakn you buddy!!! :D

sunv123- Thank you for helping me with the store names, you will end up being in this buildings credits for helping me with names for the shops on the ground floor of this building. :D

Simcoug- Thank you!!! :D

NYBT 201 E. 19 Street

I have worked on the roof a bit and the water tower building walls, I hope it's good enough, I' ready to do the night lights and the variations.

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

nbvc

Great work. One small thing I have found. The roof texture on lower right it looks like there is new texture starting where bright and dark grey meet. (left building on the last picture)

gn_leugim

wow, that roof texture is "violent", it's "Wild" XD

Maybe it wouldnt lose much if you could de-saturated it a bit :p

Aaron Graham

nbvc- What do you mean, the roof texture is not the same all over the place. To make it look life like the roof needs to have a lighten, darken spots and look used for more than a year.

gn_leugim- Thank you, I am still working on the roof. :D

NYBT 201 E. 19 Street

In the mean time this is a look of what the bricks for the variations could looks like. Vlasky wants me to work on the brown bricks so I will. I'm am planning to make two roof type for the buildings.

notice the only change is the bricks to show off what the variations could be, i have rendered this image just after, the last image post.

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

sunv123

Great work with the building! &apls I have to say, the white version looks the best. :thumbsup:

Thanks for putting my name in the credits, I feel honored. &bis&

Maybe like some boxes, hoses, other junk would look great on the building, not too uncommon to see those. :)
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Aaron Graham

sunv123- Thank you, where would I put the boxes and hoses at?

201 E. 19 Street

Okay guys I have made the night light for the first version of the building I still need to start the other three versions of the building. I was thinking that two of the versions can have terraces on the building, what do you guys think?

What the building can look like if terraces are added. :)

This idea comes from building like this:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=new+york+city&ll=40.773097,-73.963963&spn=0.001899,0.00327&hnear=New+York&gl=us&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=40.773053,-73.964372&panoid=ZZYddF12nxNu3wgWxmn1VQ&cbp=12,271.5,,0,-15.19

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=new+york+city&ll=40.771084,-73.963265&spn=0.001899,0.00327&hnear=New+York&gl=us&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=40.77101,-73.963606&panoid=Lm_Nfv7VcNUO5nCZpzr8wQ&cbp=12,275.73,,0,-20.47

nbvc

I mean the roof texture here. Looks a bit like a edge.

gn_leugim

nice balconies. actually, if you keep them at that hue range (let's say some kind of concrete texture) it could fit the eurotile set :p

Aaron Graham

nbvc- Thank you I hope the roof looks better on this render, I have finally fix it. :P

gn_leugim- Thank you, on Simtropolis I have change the layout of the terraces, you may see an update of the when I get back the the terrace stage of the building. :)

201 E. 19 Street

Here's a Tiny update on the building, not to much I have been busy again, but I'm back. I have modeled some details to the building, it look a few minutes I have fix the uvw unwrapping and I still think I will end up fixing something on the back of the building I do not like

Vlasky

I love how those two work together! Great rendering and great job overall!!
My Thread - Vlasky going global BATs - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15573.0

noahclem

Excellent looking building there  &apls

rooker1

I have to agree, excellent work.
I wonder if you can be convinced into making some ground scrapers in this style.  Buildings that are about 6,7,8 tiles wide by 3,4 tiles deep and about the same height as the majority of your models....about 15 storeys tall.  We have a lot of skyscrapers but not very many ground scrapers. 
Anyways, just a thought.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Swordmaster

I second Robin's request, though I'd never heard of the term "ground scrapers" ;D   Last building looks very good.

Cheers
Willy

gn_leugim

Aaron Graham

Vlasky- Thank you!!! :D

noahclem- Thank you!!! :D

rooker1- Ground buildings?? Lol!!! you mean buildings that towers in the middle of a park right, like the projects? :)

Swordmaster Lol ground buildings, ha, ha, ha and thank you. :)

gn_leugim- Thank you!!! :D

NYBT 237 3rd Avenue

Here's the skinny model that's next to the fat 201 E. 19 Street apartments building, just a few more things and it can see the textures. :D

Swordmaster

Quote from: Aaron Graham on February 25, 2013, 11:27:57 AMrooker1- Ground buildings?? Lol!!! you mean buildings that towers in the middle of a park right, like the projects? :)

No, he means wider buildings:

QuoteBuildings that are about 6,7,8 tiles wide by 3,4 tiles deep and about the same height as the majority of your models....about 15 storeys tall.

Like the Chicago post office, maybe smaller, but then in your style of course.

Cheers
Willy

gn_leugim