• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Calderwood

Started by Muzz, July 26, 2008, 02:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbieniu7

Yes, it looks great. I love pavements beetween buildings ind downtown areas :P And nice shot from high :P
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

bat

That's a nice area around the soccer-stadium there and the parking place is lokking nice, too!  And also nice work on the other parts of your city (like the area near the central station...)..
Great new update!

Looking forward to more... ;)

Muzz

Well, it's been a long time since I kept such a small time gap between updates, but here we are, and I assure you that I haven't sacrificed any quality in bringing you this.

This update focuses on the northern part of the Holybank District, including St. Graeme's Station, the city Zoo and the Royal Opera Hall. This overiview shows today's area of interest:

Replies

south park: Thanks!

michlL Thanks, as for the football pitch, maybe you need to see it in a wider context, it makes sense when you see it next to the main stadium.  ;)

sciurus54: Thanks!

papab2000: Thanks!

M: Yeah, I sorted it out now (or, more like thundercrack did!). Thanks for the comment!

Simpson: Thanks!

DJ: Thanks, glad you like the stadium, it's more of a moat than a canal, but as long as it looks good I don't mind!

art128: Thanks!

kbieniu7:Thanks, trying to make all the textures consistent, glad you noticed!

bat: Thanks, seems a lot of people liked the stadium!

Thanks for viewing guys, please leave a comment, I also welcome constructive criticism and suggestions!
-Muzz

kbieniu7

Very nice, more greeny now :P
I think sometimes you should use less roads. It looks strange with mass of roads, and crosroads with traffic lights

praiodan

Good work there, Muzz. I like the zoo laid out along that slope very much  :thumbsup:
The rails though look a little bare IMHO. You could try to spruce it up a little with Kenworth's catenaries and/or Andreas' rail texture mod though for exampel. And I concur with kbieniu7, you might consider use some less roads and just streets instead. With a good Street Mod installed, it could look even more vivid  :)

Dark_Jedi06

Excellent Muzzy! ;D ;D

I love the use of diagonals, make for an awesome zoomed out shot. Also, your variety of base textures provides and extra touch of realism (I've never seen a city with the same pavement everywhere :P). And I agree with praiodan, the zoo is very creative. :thumbsup:
...this space to be filled soon...

pipishere

A fabulous update Muzz.....love the Scottish feel to it lol!!  :D

bat

Nice update there! This part of your city looks superb! :thumbsup:

CarmineHilton

Great update Muzz!! Glad to see Calderwood, my neighbor country, back in action =)
Watch out with the saturation on your pictures though... Don't push the bar too far :p

héhé, loves it!! xo

Stylo

Nice city Muzz !! i love that trainstation, where did you get it ?

praiodan

Quote from: Stylo on October 31, 2008, 09:54:33 AMi love that trainstation, where did you get it ?

It's Tonkso's St Pancras station. Here you go
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=15467

:)

Yoman

This wall to wall area looks great, love the little pedestrian streets. I'll have to add in some of those. Didn't realize New Haven was so hilly, maybe a good place for some artillery :P

kbieniu7

Well, I want to ask for something. Where I can find this GLR-subway transition, visible on third screen from the bottom?  ;)