• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 9 - Parks

Started by jmyers2043, January 26, 2010, 08:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmyers2043

1. Region shot with the park limits outlined -

2. A small explanation and comment why the area was chosen for the Natural Park.

Stokewell - GRVII University archaeologists excavating a prehistoric settlement near the northern border announced that they have unearthed the remains of the earliest known Fred. The site is thought to be 9,000 years old based on the type of symbols carved onto some stone excavations.       

"This is a significant discovery" said expedition leader Jacques Mulleté "because the ancient Fred's features suggest that he bore a likeness to our own Governor MrBisonM. Look at the shape of the crown of the head, the chin, and the distance between the eye sockets." 

An arch was also discovered and the symbols carved into the stone are believed to say 'In Fred we'. A fourth symbol cannot be deciphered because of water and wind erosion over time. Dr. Mulleté concedes "It is a pity we can't read that last symbol as we'd like to know what is about Fred". The arch has been relocated inside the museum where visitors can closely examine and decide 'in fred we _ _ _ _ ' for themselves.

The most likely hypothesis is that Fred was the leader of an ancient village that grew to nearly 1,000 Sim's. They made their living as farmers and grew corn, beans, and squash. One thing Fred didn't know was how to rotate crops. It is thought that the land became less fertile and was not able to support the growing community. Crops failed. Villagers stopped trusting him and eventually migrated to other regions. There are carvings that refer to a place called GRV III. Some have suggested that a band of warriors attacked the village and took the residents into servitude. However, no weapons have been discovered and there is no evidence of a violent ending to the village. Any Sim that is interested in history can read more and see artifacts on display at the visitor center. The center is open Monday through Saturday, 9am to 7pm. And open Sunday, noon until 6pm. 

FAQ: 

How do we know this the earliest known Fred? In 1941, researchers thought they had discovered the first Fred in Azerbaijan, but carbon-dating later revealed they had in fact discovered an early Barby who coincidentally looked like a Fred.   

When was the site open to the public? In 2005 the Governor's office made the excavations and surrounding areas into a National Historic Park and renamed GRV Lake to Lake Mulleté, in honor of the expedition leader. The visitor center and scenic overlooks were completed in 2009.

3. 2 pictures of any view of the most important natural attractions

Tile B - Stokewell

The Echo Point overlook.

Historic site of the earliest known Fred with its museum/visitor center. 

4. Main park-entrance (including the parking)

Ranger Station at park entrance

5. 3 to 5 pictures of the accomodations -

Visitors to the area can stay at a Bed and Breakfast Inn on the banks of Lake Mulleté

Motels located near the park entrance: Roy's Motel (lower left), The Big Red by SimGoober (upper left), and the Mark Wayne Motor Lodge with its Diner (upper right)

Rustic camping inside the park

6. Picture of scenic road.

7. Picture close up of the most natural and untouched area with some wildlife in view 5 only -

Look close and you can see Big Horn sheep at the edge of the cliff

8. The City Park

Tile M - Whimperthorpe

Aerial View - Sims practice the art of Tai Chi while others relax by taking a brisk walk.

Benny Block flies a kite while his parents sit on the grass and watch

9. park in your smallest municipality.

This village in Tile G is my smallest community. The park is anchored with a commemorative Celtic cross which serves as a reminder of ... something.  ??? 

10. Extra Images

May as well show you an aerial view of that small village

And another image of the big horn sheep just in case you couldn't see them in the above wild life picture.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

soulchaser

Some nice pics over here, great work on this challenge. I like the big horn sheep, they fit perfectly :thumbsup:

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

citybuilder12

Where did you get the Mark Wayne Motor Lodge from?

jmyers2043

Quote from: citybuilder12 on January 27, 2010, 01:08:09 PM
Where did you get the Mark Wayne Motor Lodge from?

Hello Citybuildertwelve

Right now my HD is the only place on the planet where that motel is located. ;)  I've done four small motels (including Roy's Motel which you didn't mention :'( ). My goal is to upload 8 or so as a package. But right now I'm beta testing CAM 2 - which takes more than a small bite out of my time.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)