• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

6.5) Judgment Day

Started by soulchaser, March 22, 2010, 08:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulchaser

For all those who want to compare the points I've given for challenge 6, I want to provide all of my comments together right here:

I hope didn't miss anybody. If so, pleas yell right here. ;)

Hi BarbyW,
here's my opinion on your Ch. 6:

1. Bordercrossing: I like the overall look, but it seems a bit too freightening. I'd still avoid crossing. 3 Pts.
2. Beach: I like lonely beaches. This is a bit overcrowded. 4 Pts.
3. Hotel: I like the greenyness and the ole look. I' d only find it annoying, having to wait for the next ferry, to visit some culture or for shopping. 4 Pts.
4. Restaurant: Nice pics, but a bit of monopolistic. 4 Pts.

I also have to give 1 Malus Point for all the horses. They hate me and this wouldn't be a fun holiday for me. And surely expensive as I might have to pay all the damage, the bolting horses made.

That's a total of 14 Points.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Fred,

1. Bordercrossing: I like the chosen BAT very much. seems like the road is a part of this bat. So you have no choice on that texture. 4 Pts.
2. Beach: I like the variety of possible places to lie on. The only, and really, disturbing thing is the ships, that can go that near. 3 Pts.
3. Hotel: Great choice, the only bad thing is, that it seems to be 180° wrong. There's no entrance next to the parking spaces. So the guests have to go to the backyard, that's not really reachable. 4 Pts.
4. Restaurant: 4 Pts. You missed one because of the parking spaces instead of tables in the backyard.

That's a total of 15 Points.
Hi cammeron1991,

1. Bordercrossing: The checkpoint looks a bit cheap in my eyes, sorry. Some smaller buildings on the left or right would help. Only 2 Pts.

And to make it short: The whole Vacation resort totally fits my personal taste. Id love to go there.
2. Beach: 5 Pts.
3. Hotel: 5 Pts.
4. Restaurant: 5 Pts.

I hope that makes the 2 points appear less hard ;)

That's a total of 17 Points.
Hi RustyXL,

1. Bordercrossing: Almost the same as in Fred's Challenge 5. So the same 3 Pts.
2. Hotel: Great choice. A bit of a far way to get there. 4 Pts.

Beach and Restaurant both have the same problem. They seem a bit out of place.
3. Beach: 3 Pts.
4. Restaurant: 3 Pts.

That's a total of 13 Points.
Hi TTC,

1. Bordercrossing: That's what most of the "Toll"-Checkoints are missing: a second building. But the Garden is a bit too much again ;) 4 Pts.
2. Beach: Great scenery, but it's private...I want to go there, too. :) 4 Pts.
3. Hotel: The kind of hotel, you took, is ok, if it's far away from everywhere but nature. I'd stay there.  5 Pts.
4. Restaurant: For the restaurant, I decided to judge the first one mentioned. I'm not sure how to behave in a 7* restaurant, also I wouldn't want to pay

these prices. 3 Pts.

That's a total of 16 Points.
Hi Splime,

1. Bordercrossing: No checkpoints at all? It's ok for me, but not what was demanded! 2 Pts.
2. Beach: It looks like to many palms for the climate. If they were less numerous, I'd give you 4-5 points, but in addition to all the sand, that also seems out of place: 3 Pts.
3. Hotel: I love this exclusive looking hotel. 5 Pts.
4. Restaurant: The restaurant fits even better than in my Region. 5 Pts.

Hi jmyers,

1. Bordercrossing: The checkpoint is a bit hard to see. The railcheckpoint is missing. If this Pic was more detailed and only spoting the roads, it might have been better. 3 Pts.
2. Beach: I love the green spots where the palms grow. So you might even lie on gras. Also palms seem to be right normal in that area. 5 Pts.
3. Hotel: The hotel seems to be the only one around, so it might be a bit small, otherwise great BAT. 4 Pts.
4. Restaurant: Two mali: Seems a bit out of place and much to small 3 Pts.

Hi turtle,

1. Bordercrossing: I like the overall set, but the road is much to steep, right before. Too many accidents will happen. 3 Pts.
2. Beach: The beach is almost perfect. It just seems a bit small in comparison to the hotel. 4 Pts.
3. Hotel: I like the hotel as far as I can see it. Maybe it might be built on weak sand floor, as the shoreline suggests. That would concern me a bit. 4 Pts.
4. Restaurant: I like the choice and the place very much. 5 Pts.

Hi Pat,

1. Bordercrossing: You did a great job in lotting, but the textures stop very abrupt. 4 Pts.
2. Beach: Changing the ground beach textures seemed like the best idea for me, too. but then I realized how crappy it looks in regionview. That's not the case in your pics, but you should have watched the sandy farms and some other details, too. 3 Pts.
3. Hotel: I like the hotel, but it seems a bit empty and small next to the skyscraper. Without this one, it would have been a 4. 3 Pts.
4. Restaurant: Good idea to think of a "penthouse restaurant". It was just the wrong BAT. But an extrapoint for creativity. 3+1 Pts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hi mattb325,

1. Bordercrossing: Another "Toll"-Checkpoint and not lonely at all, but on a stange place, right between houses? Seems likeone neighbour doesn't belong to the other ones.  3 Pts.
2. Beach: As I said before: Changing the ground beach textures seemed like the best idea for me, too. but then I realized how crappy it looks in regionview. That's more the case in your pics than I've seen before, though you had a better eye on what's planted on this beach. 4 Pts.
3. Hotel: As you showed so many hotels, I just take one, the RLS and give you, because of only getting there by ferry and the dirt road in front, 3 Pts. The others would each have been 3 Pts, too.
4. Restaurant: I like the restaurant-hotel-all-in-one, but there seems not to be much choice on the island  4 Pts.

Hi tooheys,

1. Bordercrossing: Those look more like entrances to parks, but you can't avoid the bars here 3 Pts.
2. Beach: Perfect small sandy beach. I especially like the smooth transition to open water. Must have been a lot of trucks ;) 5 Pts.
3. Hotel: Great BAT, great place, there might just be some traffic noise. 4 Pts.
4. Restaurant: I like the little hill and the surrounding and everything. There's just something strange with it, I don't know what. 4 Pts.

Hi mrtnrln,

1. Bordercrossing: Another "Toll"-Checkpoint. At least you can't avoid these, otherwise, you would go faaaaaar down. 3 Pts.
2. Beach: I like the idea of your "camping beach", divided from the rest by a street. The real beach is a bit empty. 4 Pts.
3. Hotel: I don't like the choice for your hotels, because there are so many nicer BATs out there. The placement is good, though. 3 Pts.
4. Restaurant: Compared to the hotels, the restaurant is quite uniqe and you have chosen a nice place to put it on. But the surrounding is kond of poor.

4 Pts.

And turtle: that's 14 Points. ;)
Hi Jmouse,

1. Bordercrossing: This simply fits for a rail-checkpoint. 4 Pts.
2. Beach: The beach-transition between citytiles is something I still don't like ;) , but the rest is just perfect. 4,5 Pts.
3. Hotel: I love the medieval Castle/Hotel. 5 Pts.
4. Restaurant: I like the restaurant, too. But it seems like nobody could ever get there. 4 Pts.

I'm sorry to give another -1 Pts. because of horses. The simply don't like me!

That's a total of 16.5 Points.
Hi Threestooges,

1. Bordercrossing: That's exactly what I missed about most of the "Toll"-Checkpoints. 5 Pts.
2. Beach: I like the beach, but this might be because of the time of the year. And it's a bit too much "90°" 4 Pts.
3. Hotel: I like your hotel and the overall look, but I don't like those ferry-only islands 4 Pts.
4. Restaurant: Great choice of BAT and very good placement. 4 Pts.

I have to give another -1 Pts. because the hotel and the restaurant both mean a loooooong walk. And I'm not sure how cars are supposed to reach the island.

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!