• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

JMyers plays GRVII

Started by jmyers2043, March 13, 2009, 07:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmyers2043

Border town.

Population 5,000. A safe, clean, family community. My family and I moved into our home at 13 Mockingbird Lane in 1995. I joined the P.T.A. and the local Presbyterian Church. I thought that with a little work and a display of some community spirit that I would soon have the mayor's job. Well, let's just say that I've learned a little about the ugly side of small town politics. I wasted 7 years of my time as co-chair of the Community Events Committee. I organized the annual Easter Egg Hunt, the summer melon festival, and visits from Santa at Christmas. I helped Father Murphy raise funds at the annual bake sale. Boy was I naive. Because all that while MrBisonM gets appointed to chair the Border town Financial Committee. And we all know that is just a hop, skip, and jump toward the mayor's job.  Just who's wheel did he grease to get that job anyway?

Well it's now apparent that there is only one way to be mayor. And that's to enter the GRVII. And prove once and for all that I've got what it takes. Yep, I'm going to grease the wheels as they say and grease them until they can't be greased anymore.

What will I do as mayor? I already have a short list of new city ordinances. I've drafted a new garbage collection resolution.  Let me run this past you. Containers - not in use - must be stored inside your garage. And I'll be tough. Don't have a garage? Inside the home then. I'll do even more if just given a chance. I'll veto plans to build that new children's playground and put that money into a reserve fund. I'll establish an aesthetics department with authority to paint every picket fence white. But my first act will be to rid the ugly pink plastic flamingos from Ms Twitterham's front yard. 

But before I can do all that I'll have to win the contest.

Major Mods
The CAM (Cycledog Rural Version 1.0 beta)

Minor Mods
Fixed City Halls
No Radiation Mod
Poles1 to change the appearance of the high tension lines
SFBT Street tree

Appearance Mods
CycleDog's Missouri Breaks Terrain (maxnormalYforcliff modified from .655 to .57) 
P.eg's Alternate Railway texture set
P.eg's Brigantine Water.
JRJ/Maxis Rock Texture Mod for the Mountains
TSC Aubrac Rock Mod for the plains.

The list will change as the challenges come. I'll probably downloan the NAM 2009 and give it a spin while I play.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Pat

LoL Jim intresting intro there!!! I see you are really living up to your CML by doing a plow under Fred heheheh....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mrbisonm

Could someone please tell me what a CML is? I have heard it before and just cannot figure out what the heck that means, thanks.
Ok now, this is one nice intro. I wish you luck greasing the wheels of mayoring. Very good choice of terrain mods and excellent observation of treegrowth. Good luck! :thumbsup:

mrb  ;)

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Korot

TheTeaCat

Nice intro Mr Myers &apls
You could be on a slippery slope there my dear Sir greasing the wheels so to speak ::)
Wouldn't want you to gain any advantage now  $%Grinno$%

Great looking map by the way and best of luck :thumbsup:
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

spa