• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Asian Style-Commercial Building Project

Started by sarungman, May 01, 2007, 12:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarungman

Hai, it's me again.... :)

because of my Laptop low performance, i'm trying to make small-medium size BAT. I'm interested in asian style commercial building..... so i'm trying to make them.... they are not hard to make, simple, and really fit in today downtown style ( i hope so :-[...). Maybe another BATters have made some of asian style BATs, but i want to make my own version,....

for the references, i use some of building models in Japan and Korea, with a little modification ( without japannese or korean language, because i dont understand....). I have around 14 models, each of them there are 3-5 types.... Now, i have done with one models:

and here's ingame pic

lot size 1x2
maybe next time i'll modify those BAT again, adding a few details and recolor, maybe.......

please wait for another BAT, maybe tonight.....

:::=:::=:::=:::=:::=:::

please wait for my return :D
-AsianEvolusioner AKA Sarungman

Glenni

i like em! these looks really good, some of them could even fit in european cities! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sarungman

thanks Glenni....

I wanna release those BATs, but i need to set their nightlighting......... maybe later..... here's my another BAT for today..... only one type.... because i dont know what should be another type.....  lot size 2x2, hope u like....

i'll post ingame pic later......

rooker1

This stuff is great, I hope to see them released soon, please.

Robin   :thumbsup: &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Howling

Great bats! Though i'd add a bit more texture, the surfaces seem a bit too smooth. Maybe add some grit or dirt to the building. Some windows might be curtained, the rooms they conceal have a different color lighting, that sort of thing.

And definitely remove that Vista sign ;)

Keep it up!  :thumbsup:
Lurkiest Lurking Lurker of the SimCity 4 community.
Bldng. | my BATs and research into urban density | Sebasvandenbrink.nl | Help grow Hopburg!

sarungman

thanks for the advice ;).... but in fact, i'm not a good BATer.... i still need some learning and exercises.... and for the texture, i'm not working in graphic design, i'm working in security system, so, it's to hard for me making some nice textures :P..... hehehehehe $%Grinno$%.....

but, because of your advices, i modify my BAT again...

another version

that's all for this type of building........ ah one more.... why i cannot place an omni light inside my building? The omni lighting doesnt appear in the preview... ()sad(), anyone know?

kwakelaar

These look quite nice, I especially like the white version of the last building. Good work on the roofs and all the installations and signs there.  :thumbsup:

Some of your textures are a bit clean, it does not seem like you have added a gradient to your wall texture. You could maybe try to add some more detail to your windowframes, at the moment they are looking like simple holes a wall.

sarungman

AAHH!!! YES!! the gradient!!! what the??? i almost forget that!! thanks kwakelaar.... i'll modify those BAT after my Third BAT..... soon :thumbsup:

jeronij

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

kwakelaar

As requested some windows taken from modern buildings, just to give a general idea of what I meant with my comment. It is possible to make windows without seeing the window frames from the outside.

For windows you can chose wether to make one or two extra lines inside the windows (as window frames), and if you want to make the frames in the same plane as the facade or to put them deeper into the wall.
There are no rules how you should do this. What is more important IMO is to make the illusion of the BAT beliveable in game rather than to follow exact how a building is made in real life.
I also noticed your facade cladding seems to be made up of one solid material. IMO it would look better if there are lines in the texture to suggest some kind of panels.

Futher I would suggest that you have a look around at buildings in your surroundings or on the internet to find suitable examples of details for your bats.

sarungman

windows frame? i never make it before.... maybe i should try it ASAP. Btw.... it's very nice suggestion :thumbsup:, just curious, what's IMO?

ah, after render test, here's ingame pic.....

kwakelaar

Krio

Nice nice, but maybe you want to make those billboards as a LED-signs and maybe nightlight them?  :-\

sarungman

oh, bengt, yeah, i wanna make them have a realistic nightlighting, like making them as LED sign, or else, but i have lack of lighting skill.

could you tell me how to set the nightlighting for them? :)

sarungman

sory for double post :P......

here's my another BAT, the 3rd......

and a little modification........

comment and suggestion are welcome...... :)

rooker1

Ohhh......these are getting better.  I really like the new brick textures.  Great work.  I'd DlL these now for sure.

Robin   ()stsfd() &apls
Call me Robin, please.

bat

that are a lot of wonderful buildings! great work! :thumbsup: &apls

sarungman

@rooker1 : thanks, i'm sure i'll release this BAT after it's finished.. :thumbsup:
@Bat : Thanks :)

ahh...... i think i will have less time to do this BATs for a week &mmm..... next week is final exam ()sad()... even after that final, i'm doubt i'll have time to do this BAT, becoz i'm gonna go vacation to Bangkok, yeah &hlp!!

this is a little update.... and this is also the first time i work with lighting effect and texturing......

1st Model 1st Type..... 75% ready to be rendered......

what do you think about the new texture and lighting? any suggestion? :)

iamgoingtoeatyou

wow! the textures look much better and realistic! i'm looking forward to more!

Shadow Assassin

Rather than illuminating the texture itself, perhaps you can actually either trace the letters themselves, OR use spotlights to light up the billboard. The latter option's actually preferable. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!