• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Traff's BAT Place !!

Started by Traff, June 24, 2007, 07:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traff

Here I will try and display any work on BATs. I'm still new to most of the tools and will update as I go along.
I'm very thankfull for all the work you guys do for this game. It has made this game more than I ever though possible.
I do welcome constructive critisism and hope that you enjoy my creations. :)
I have some limited experience in most 3d applications, and have a hard time finding an Idea to go on.

My first real BAT was to be a set of houses. The first ones turned out R$ 2x2.
I had some issues with the lodding not working right, then when making the other versions the file went corrupt.
I managed to finish them and they grew for testing.I got to learn to change the occupancy & query interface.

metasmurf

The models are pretty good but the textures needs some work

Here's a tutorial on how to make good roof/wall textures.

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=140&threadid=76233&enterthread=y

wouanagaine

I agree with Metasmurf, the model are really good, but the houses looks too clean
And I hope you made descriptors using a family building, ask Barby to get a family range

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Traff

Thanks for the Tut.  :thumbsup:
I have done a little work on the textures and came up with this..

I have some plans for some R$$ and R$$$ models. I will make all the textures first. I appreciate the tips and will look into the descriptors.

Vario80

Hi, yes i also think the textures look much better now. Great work sofar especially the small details look awesome.  :thumbsup:
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

kwakelaar

Did you not start out somewhere else with this thread? I think I made a comment already, but I can't see it here.

Anyway the houses look nice, but you could do something with the tiling of your rooftexture. Maybe make one texture to cover the whole roof.

Traff

Yeah Kwakelaar, I had a post in LODing help, as I had problems with the house floating in the LE.
I changed them a bit more. What do you guys think?
I left the brown one alone. It reminds me of my old house when growing up. :)

rooker1

Wow super work.  I really like the new texture on the roof.  And the model does look fantastic.  Could I suggest a fence around the lot and random props to make them look a little more different?

&apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

jeronij

You are making a very good work here  &apls
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

autoVino

Amazing!  Love the huge variation in the models!  :thumbsup:

kwakelaar

They have improved with some of the new rooftextures, the two on the left in the first picture still could use some work on those textures on the roof, only other thing you can think about is to desaturate the red wall texture a bit.
Otherwise they look like they could be uploaded. :thumbsup: