• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sunken Canal with flyovers

Started by JoeST, July 26, 2007, 06:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

Im planning a sunken highway set that will actualy be applied below the ground like this:

_____________________________________ground level
    \__________________/ <----canal level

The set will include:

• Orthagonal sides
  • Diagonal sides
  • Ortahgonal-orthagonal bridges
  • Orthagonal-diagonal bridges
  • Diagonal-orthagonal bridges
  • Diagonal-diagonal bridges
  • Support for locks, docks and sea locks
  • Support for single track (road, rail, rhw, etc) and dual track (avenue, ground highway)
  • maybe elevated things
  • corners bridges and tunnels (+other standard features of other canal sets
  • maybe subteranean viewing like subway/waterpipe extrusion (depends on depth/dificult)

this is my first attempt at custom content and support/guidance would be greatfull. this was inspired by this set of canals (edit later)
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

vester

If this is your first attempt with BAT, maybe you should start out with something a lot smaller, like a small house.
Learn the program and the way of the games first, before taking on this massive project.

mightygoose

hey good to see a new face in the world of custom content however there are a few things of note that may be of relevance....

one, i have already started a project similiar to this... check the RHW thread.

two, if it is a highwya network, it cant be done functionally

three, are you trying to make a canal set or a highway set????
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

JoeST

@vester; thanks but i can cope

@mightygoose: i have already read that, its a canal, and its not functional they will be lots (TE'd for bridges)

edit: here are some basic 1x1 tiles that i believe you could make any number of different flyovers with:

1) orthogonal wall piece
2) water piece
3) diagonal wall top piece
4) diagonal wall bottom piece
5) orthogonal wall TE'd piece
6) water TE'd piece
7) water TE'd with pole piece
8) double TE'd water with pole piece
9) diagonal wall top TE'd piece
10) diagonal wall bottom TE'd piece

one question: is it possible to alter the transport model via the surrounding pieces IE add guard rails and support concrete to diagonals without using square tiles?

thankyou for your support

Joe

Swamper77

First of all, any of the pieces that will be under a network will have to be rendered offset from the origin in GMAX/BAT. You cannot place two transit-enabled lots inline with each other.

As for your last question, the game is based on square tiles so there is no way to get around that. With offset rendered models, you can place your lots alongside a network and the models will appear on the tile next to them, if modeled correctly. That is how you can place the guardrails and supports on the tiles that the networks are occupying.

-Swamper77
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

snorrelli

Maybe I don't understand what you're trying to do, and I certainly don't want to discourage you, but I think what you want is already possible - all you need is the NAM.

Check out this thread.
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

JoeST

to answer that, nearly similar but no lowering terain