• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ehbk2006's traffic BAT projects

Started by ehbk2006, June 24, 2008, 01:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulvMontfort

looks nice again ;) As for an advert, how about McDonalds, KFC, Burger King as a fastfood chain, or Starbucks, KLM, Heineken (:thumbsdown: :P) etc

(als de tentamens voorbij zijn wil ik je wel een keertje de kneepjes van 3dsmax/gmax bijbrengen)

Monorail Master

I have an idea, what if you can make the billboard show road signs and place it on a lot that can be placed in the middle of an avenue roundabout?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

ehbk2006

Quote from: Monorail Master on June 27, 2008, 10:50:00 AM
I have an idea, what if you can make the billboard show road signs and place it on a lot that can be placed in the middle of an avenue roundabout?

I was thinking about making roundabout-filler lot's, with custom prop's and some nice flora.

The model i'm making now will be atleast 1*2 (due to the support beam), so it will be only usefull for the avenue version.
My BAT Showcase: ehbk2006's traffic BAT's
My sketchup models on the 3d warehouse.
[RDY]: Veolia - Coal hopper + E189

Meastro444

congrats on the ITC team joinage (baaad English :P)

looks awesome though!
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

ehbk2006

Quote from: Meastro444 on June 28, 2008, 06:22:01 AM
congrats on the ITC team joinage (baaad English :P)

looks awesome though!

Thanks meastro, the pack will be released very soon.

ehbk2006

Hello all,

I uploaded the VMS pack 1 on the STEX 48 hours ago, but it's still not online. ( ()what())

In the mean while I finished my billboard:

But I have a  problem with the lighting, the Target Spot's will light the billboards but also as a negative side effect the inner core, in other words the light goes trough the billboards. How can I prevent this from happening?

Ps. I can't get acces to the textures, because they are applied in Sketchup.

Problem solved, thanks yoshi.

nerdly_dood

The STEX is kinda broken lately, no uploads have been working right.

I wasn't going to upload my cop cars today, anyway - I have to make readme files.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

ehbk2006

Release

VMS Pack 1:

STEX (Offline --> STEX has issues.)

Use this mirror instead:
Mirror 2

Monorail Master

Can you post it on the BSC file exchange? Because when I went to download it off the STEX it said the file is locked for adminstrinative people only. Or can you e-mail me the file?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

jlane

yoshiisland2

Glad I could help out with your problem!  Keep the great BATs coming! :thumbsup:

enncore

Quote from: ehbk2006 on June 25, 2008, 11:02:26 AM
Hmm sounds interesting, time controlled props. Are there any tutorials about making seasonal trees or other type of time dependent LOTting?

In the mean while:

Where can i find that type of highway? is nice and look more dutch than the standard highway.

(Hollands)
He waar ik dat soort snelweg vinden? die vangrails en de rijbanen zien er veel hollandser uit dan die stomme standaard snelweg.

Groet Enncore

MandelSoft

Quote from: enncore on July 06, 2008, 07:20:21 AM
Where can i find that type of highway? is nice and look more dutch than the standard highway.

(Hollands)
He waar ik dat soort snelweg vinden? die vangrails en de rijbanen zien er veel hollandser uit dan die stomme standaard snelweg.

Groet Enncore

NL:
Dat is de Rural Highway Mod v20, die je kunt downloaden van de STEX of LEX. Het is een speciaal snelwegnetwerk. Daarbij zou je ook Shadow Assassin's Textures voor de RHW downloaden. De vangrails behoren tot een aparte mod (gecreëerd door mij) kun je downloaden van de RHW thread op het forum.

EN:
That's is the Rural Highway Mod v20, which you can download from the STEX of LEX. It's a special highway network.  With that you should download Shadow Assassin's Textures for the RHW too. The Guard Rails belong to a separate mod (created by me) which you can download from the RHW thread on this forum.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

enncore

Quote from: mrtnrln on July 06, 2008, 07:39:51 AM
NL:
Dat is de Rural Highway Mod v20, die je kunt downloaden van de STEX of LEX. Het is een speciaal snelwegnetwerk. Daarbij zou je ook Shadow Assassin's Textures voor de RHW downloaden. De vangrails behoren tot een aparte mod (gecreëerd door mij) kun je downloaden van de RHW thread op het forum.

EN:
That's is the Rural Highway Mod v20, which you can download from the STEX of LEX. It's a special highway network.  With that you should download Shadow Assassin's Textures for the RHW too. The Guard Rails belong to a separate mod (created by me) which you can download from the RHW thread on this forum.

Best,
Maarten

Bedankt maarten, Ik heb inmiddels de RHW, alleen die Shadow Assassin's Textures waar jij het over hebt zijn zowel op de LEX als STEX gesloten... kan je mij dat bestandje toezenden enncorerdam@hotmail.com, of weet je nog een andere site waar ik die mod kan downloaden? Jou vangrails heb ik inmiddels ook..

Groet

Die

CasperVg

Ben je daar zeker van, Die, want ik heb net gekeken en het lijkt dat SA's Euro Textures nog gemakkelijk bereikbaar zijn.
Translation
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

enncore

Quote from: caspervg on July 06, 2008, 12:51:52 PM
Ben je daar zeker van, Die, want ik heb net gekeken en het lijkt dat SA's Euro Textures nog gemakkelijk bereikbaar zijn.
Translation

Waar heb jij gekeken dan, als ik op de stex of lex kijk dan kan je er wel komen maar downloaden is afgesloten met deze tekst

Dit is wat ik kan vinden op de STEX of LEX. Is dit de goede of is er inmiddels al een nieuwere versie uit?

RHW Asphalt Texture Replacement Mod
by Shadow_Assassin July 11, 2007 9:12 AMUpdated: January 01, 2008

LOCKED ON 1/1/2008. A newer version will be available soon, due to compatibility differences with the new NAM.

An Asphalt texture replacement mod, this replaces the default RHW textures with new Euro-style asphalt textures. This file does not, in any way, alter the behaviour of the default RHW. Therefore the default RHW is required for this to work. The rules for dragging a RHW remain the same.

Is er inmiddels al een nieuwe, of zit ik bij de verkeerde te kijken?

CasperVg

Je zoekt waarschijnlijk deze upload. Waarschijnlijk gebruikte je eerst deze upload, maar die is inderdaad gesloten.

Translation
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

ehbk2006

MCB Billboard

Almost ready for release, only some bug fixing and removing the base texture of the LOT:

The billboard is time controlled, it changes 2 times a year.

VMS Pack 1 on the STEX

The STEX works fine again, therefore I uploaded it again. You can get it here:

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=20049

Any comments and ratings are welcome.

Requests

If anyone has requests for the next project, please post them below. The request needs to be traffic related afcourse. Also additional documentation (drawings, pictures, dimensions) would be nice.

ehbk2006

cogeo

You might want to consider some texture/colour improvemt for the billboards. That blue is a wee bit saturated, and has a "plastic" appearance. The colour should be less saturated and to my opinion darker too. Also set the Specular/Glossiness parameters more carefully.
Nightlighting could be improved too, consider adding a distant Omni at the side (not directly in front) and set the attenuation parameters so that the billboard lies between the near and far attenuation limits. This is good for emulating an "ambient" light effect.

j-dub

I got a challenge... How about rendering these traffic lights as exemplars so they can go after the NAM left turning lane road and avenue intersections that the light actually changes red to green, maybe based on a timed prop rather than stop point?
Pole Height 12.807x0.32 radius
Arm Height 13.751x0.32 radius
5 headed traffic light 2.444x0.782
3 headed traffic light 1.541x0.782
Walk lights 4.32x4.32
(Or I can send you the gmax model)
In exchange, I can give you never before road/street sewer exemplars.