• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

General GRV II Discussion

Started by mrbisonm, February 21, 2009, 08:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Pat, take your time, even if you can't get it done for this deadline, the only thing you will not get is that 1 Bonus point. Don't worry, I haven't been on my challenge thread for months.

Thanks threestooges, I am sure it will work out fine, almost is already. What they ask is immensly exagerated and no chance of even going to court I think.

Hmmm Jim, making more new ships you are? Sounds good!

Btw, is there anyone here that would be able and helpful for me to extract 4 modelfiles from 2 datfiles? I have tried 3 times with a tut and never got to extracting anything than an empty file.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

BarbyW

Fred, let me know which files you want from which dat/s.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

mrbisonm

Quote from: BarbyW on November 05, 2009, 12:43:41 AM
Fred, let me know which files you want from which dat/s.

Thanks Barby, PM with file sent.

BTW  Everyone

There are two more or less easy challenges left before the last one. The last one will be more difficult. But I would like to ask you all first how you would like it.
Medium rare, well done or blue, meaning: difficult, not so difficult or more difficult.

Let us know.

Fred

threestooges

These next couple of weeks will be busy for me, but through December I think I'll have some free time and January will be the beginning of the new semester, so I guess to answer your question: still mooing (meaning as difficult as you want). But in all seriousness, I guess it depends on what the challenge itself will entail. I'm all for a bit of a challenge, but if you're going to ask us to pick a difficulty, it would be nice to know the game we're playing. Would giving us at least the title of the challenge give too much away?
-Matt

Pat

mmmmmmmmmmmm steaks, I love a good medium well done steak lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jmyers2043

QuoteBut I would like to ask you all first how you would like it.

Right now there are usually three elements to each challenge. (1) snap a picture of this (2) build one or two of that (3) do something and tell a story.

If difficult means that there are 9 steps instead of 3, then I'd discourage that.

If difficult means I have to think, be creative, do something new and original, artistic, or be inventive, then I say make it difficult.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

threestooges

Nice clarification on that Jim. I'm all for the increased difficulty when it comes to extra creativity. It helps to push the game, and the people playing it, and makes things more fun. I liked the disaster part of the last challenge for that reason.
-Matt

mrbisonm

Well, maybe I should be more specific. First of all , the next two challenges will be no more difficult than the last one for sure, I would even say, they will be a "piece o'cake" compared to the last ones.
The last challenge, probably imposed only in February or sometime like this, will be the grand final (so to speak).
The challenge will be the ........well you probably can guess and if not, you will have to wait 'til then.
In this specific challenge, only 1 (one) subject will be asked for. Unlimited pictures (minimum of 4 I think) but with specific details and precision. Of course one of the most important points in this one will be the judging of your organization, logical and practical thinking and the management.
We can't offer this challenge in any other way than difficult, it won't be easy, but doable for everyone. We could make it harder though......lol......give you some real challenge for organizing your landscape, farms and towns around that project.

Fred

soulchaser

if you're talking of steaks, I like them rare...For the challenges, the harder they are, the more interesting

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

mrbisonm

Just to let you know, the next challenge will be uploaded on Sunday night,November 22nd, 2009.
See you then..............

Fred

TheTeaCat

Excellent to hear this piece of news. :thumbsup:

I was wondering also when will the points for the previous challenges be posted.
I do realise that you are very busy but it would be nice if the scores were brought up to date. ;)
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

mrbisonm

Quote from: TheTeaCat on November 17, 2009, 09:33:43 AM
Excellent to hear this piece of news. :thumbsup:

I was wondering also when will the points for the previous challenges be posted.
I do realise that you are very busy but it would be nice if the scores were brought up to date. ;)

Points are on the way. It will be Lynn who will upload them, and that as soon as I have time to explain her how to. I don't have the time right now.
Hopefully it will be in a week to 10 days.

Fred

mrbisonm

Challenge 9

is now available.....Have Fun and leave a comment. Also questions will be answered in the Challenge 9 thread.

Fred

mrbisonm

Just to let you know, I will be gone for 6 to 10 days, attending the court in Calgary. Lynn will be uploading the points this week or the weekend. I showed her how to do this.
See you soon.

Fred

lynncanox

"I showed her how to do this"  he say, but he forgot to show me what to load here. His paper is messy and I have tried to unmess it, but not with result. Sorry, it will have to wait until he comes back on Saturday.
If you have to say something  because it will again be late, say it him. LoL.

Lynn
judge of GRV 2 Challenge

soulchaser

No problem, Lynn....we can wait some more days now :D....

Recently Iced

lynncanox

Thank You, sorry about it. I can not find what is what on his papers.LoL.

Lynn
judge of GRV 2 Challenge

mrbisonm

Just to let you all know that I am not dead yet. ;)
After all I have been through irl last summer and fall, I decided to disappear right after Christmas for some *Metime* to my favourite Country, New Zealand, and spend relaxing moments away with my wife from all the stress and problems that were following me. I just got back last night.
Now that I am back home, other problems reappear....lol....Dohhhh! (smaller ones though)
The water pipe in one of my barns froze because of the two weeks of -20 C we had in Quebec/Canada and one of my apprentices decided to drop her studies in the architecture line and start something else, plus problems with my gaming computer, which one of my sons greatly abused while we were gone and some more minor things. In other words: What a mess! ;)

So, I will have to get all these things straightened out first, get used again to normal life at home and get myself back into Simcity play. I suppose this will take a couple of weeks.
Don't panic, nothing will change, everything will continue in a regular way. I am still on vacation until the end of March, besides the regular things to do at home and on the farm.

I have posted this in all my three threads: Nexis Works (Batforum) - GRV II - Winding River Project (MDforum). I will continue my BATs and my MD/CJ soon and GRV II will be fully back online also.
For those who haven't filled all the challenges in the GRV Challenge, now is the time, because I will start to calculate the points for the last challenges next weekend and once they're all done and uploaded, the last two challenges will be on their way.(I only hope that some of you are still with us)
Concerning my BATs, some of them will be released soon. And my MD will be fully back with regular updates also.

Sorry, it took so long, but before paying myself a fullsized heartattack because of all that stress and fatigue from last summer and fall, I decided to think of myself first for the last months.
Thanks for hanging in there and have a wonderfull year 2010. ;)

Fred

BarbyW

Good to see you around again, Fred. I hope you have managed to de-stress. I am still with you on GRVII and am nearly ready to post my update. I hope there are more than just me to post though. I don't want to win by default again ;D
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

soulchaser

no, barby...not that easy this time;)

I've done my parks, didn't have time for pics though.

Good to see you back Fred. yesterday I have made a presentation on climate change in NZ. What a funny coincidence.

cu then

Recently Iced