• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

General GRV II Discussion

Started by mrbisonm, February 21, 2009, 08:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Quote from: mightygoose on March 13, 2009, 11:11:29 AM
precisely, and i would love to have that map for a rainy day....(thinks fractional angled roads and a path to the summit may require a rainy week)

I will upload The Rock this week to the STEX since a few folks asked me sofar and send a copy to BarbyW, she will be kind enough to upload it to the LEX. And I would like to see Your results with it.

mrb

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

metarvo

I'm sorry to report that I am having problems.  After I have played for a while, the game crashes to the desktop when I try to open a city tile.  There seems to be no particular tile that causes the crash, as it has happened on several different ones.  When I load SC4, the tile loads fine, but the game usually crashes later when I try to open another tile.  I must also note that this is not occurring in any other regions.  Any help will be appreciated.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

mightygoose

I personally opened all in one sitting and no-one else mentioned a similar problem, have you tried deleting the region including its containing folder and then redownloading it, there may have been file corruption somewhere...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

mrbisonm

Try re-rendering it also. That might help. Good luck and don't get discouraged. We'll help you.  ;)

metarvo

The thing is, I've already placed trees on the map, and it almost seems like it would be less trouble to live with the crashes than to redo the map.  :'(  Especially since the first challenge is soon.  ()stsfd()  I might try it, anyway, just to see if it helps.  Thanks for the advice.  :)
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

mrbisonm

Well, good luck, just in case it doesn't work out, contact me, you have two chances to post later and this is accepted as one. Let me know.

Fred

metarvo

I have good news.  I think I have the crash problem sorted out.  It turns out that there may have been some conflicting plugins causing the problem.  I removed some from my folder, and switched some for others, and the crashes effectively disappeared.  I have made my first post in the board that has been prepared for me.  Thanks for the help, Fred.  :)

mrbisonm

metarvo , glad you found the problem.  :thumbsup:

mrb

Secretariat

Would it be a bad idea to use Maxis textures?  I haven't really found a good set of rock/water/tree textures I think is appropriate for the region I have in mind.

mrbisonm

Quote from: Secretariat on March 16, 2009, 08:32:27 PM
Would it be a bad idea to use Maxis textures?  I haven't really found a good set of rock/water/tree textures I think is appropriate for the region I have in mind.

It doesn't matter what terrain, water etc mods you use, we will not
judge any terrain and etc textures and it will not be a challenge. Up to you with or without textured mods. Points will not be affected by it.

mrb

antn

A question about the rules, does rule 6 apply on creeks or swamps and such,  made without any terraforming but with jeronij's ploppable water or the ploppable marshes made by chrisadams3997?

mrbisonm

antnm,  everything *nature-al* in the mayormode (such as ploppable water, swamps, trees, rocks, flowers, bushes, grass and waterplants, etc is allowed before or at the same time of Challenge 1. (no people, cows and Peg's logging equipments, machinery etc please) After Challenge 1 is posted, you can plop anything you want or EVERYTHING you were able to compact into your Pluginsfolder.

mrb ;)

mightygoose

out of interest is this going to be a ten challenge run like last time, or longer??? 20 challenges giving a total score out of 100 would be cool but that would take the better part of a year lol, i wouldn't want to commit you to that :P

mrbisonm

Well, we have figured out 12 challenges so far and in my plan, it was going to be a total of 15, but geeez, not easy to find that many challenges, because every challenge has 2 or 3 demands to keep you busy and interested. I'm not saying that we are out of ideas yet, but that day will surely come I think.....  &mmm

mrb

mightygoose

well you could always have an open week or two, like at the beginning of GRVI

mrbisonm

Quote from: mightygoose on March 18, 2009, 05:50:49 PM
well you could always have an open week or two, like at the beginning of GRVI

We already thought about that one...lol...thanks
mrb

jjune4991

can someone help me with my pictures? look at my intro thread to see what i'm talking about.
Wha??? Where am I? Oh, that's right! I'm here!

Diggis

When you upload to Photobucket you get the option to resize.  make them 800x640 (or whatever it nearly is) instead of 1024x800

jjune4991

Wha??? Where am I? Oh, that's right! I'm here!

cameron1991

Is a small hill with a water tower on top considered too much terraforming?
I'm trying to create a small hill for the water tower, as you rarely find a water tower on flat land...